Drinks

“Where’s OffGun?” New asked.

“Date night, as usual.” Ice answered. Turning to Singto, he asked “How are you man? What are you thinking?”

“I… Nothing.” Singto answered.

“You’ve met the boyfriend, we know you must be thinking a lot of things.” New added.

“You’ve said it yourself, ‘boyfriend’. What’s there to think about?” Singto responded, taking a drink of his beer.

“At least tell us what your plan is.” Nammon asked.

“I don’t know what to tell you guys. I don’t have anything. I mean, he has a boyfriend, what can I do? I don’t want to come between them, that would be wrong, won’t it?”

“Well, yeah.” New conceded.

“What did you guys think of this Itthipat guy?” Nammon asked the group.

“He’s a nice guy, actually.” New answered. “I’ve been around the guy quite a few times, being from the same school and all, he seems to be a pretty decent guy. I mean, sorry Sing but if there was anyone other than you that deserves our Nong, this guy would be it.”

“So you’re saying you’re ok with him being with Krist?” Nammon asked New.

“What can we do?” New answered.

“He has a point, you know.” Ice added. “If it’s not Singto, this Itthipat guy is not bad.”

“I hate to agree but yes.” Singto replied.

“Come on Sing! You’ve been 'just watching' since high school!” Nammon reacted. “Are you just going to let this guy end up with your Krist?”

“Nammon.” New stopped the guy from saying anything else. He gestured to Singto who looked dejected, wallowing in his beer.

“Sing,” Ice tapped Singto’s shoulder. “can I be straight with you?”

“Aren’t you always?” Sing gave a small smile.

“Well yes.” Ice answered with a smile of his own. “This time I want to be sure you can take it.”

“Hit me with it.” Singto invited.

“Did you really expect Krist to wait for you?”

“Ice!” New exclaimed.

“No, no.” Singto pacified his best friend. “Let him. I want to hear this.”

“It’s what? 5 or 6 years now that you’ve been liking Krist. I’d go so far as to say you’re in love with the man.” Singto nods at this. “You’ve been pussy footing about it for 4 years and you leave him alone for 1 year, what did you expect? We all know how Krist is, if we haven’t been blocking the whole of our high school years, we’d have a line going around Siam Center of his suitors! You should’ve made a move man.”

“Yeah.” Singto downed his beer and signaled for another.

“You were afraid of what might happen, I get it.” Ice continued. “But man, you know how Krist is. If you don’t spell it out, he won’t get  it.”

“Yeah.”

“It’s not that I didn’t have fun running interference those four years, tou guys know I did, but Ice is right there, you should’ve at least told Krist.” Nammon added.

Singto can only nod.

“I got a kick outta that job though!” New laughed.

“Haha! Do you guys remember Victor’s face when Nammon turned it up?” Singto laughed.

“I particularly had fun with that! It’s not everyday I can use my full powers.” Nammon struck a superhero pose.

“Hahaha!!! That day was epic!” Ice laughed at that.

“Seriously dude,” New said to Singto while Nammon and Ice reminisced “whatever you plan to do, we’re behind you all the way. You know that, right?”

“Yeah. Thanks. I don’t even know how to thank you guys for all these 5 years you’ve supported me.”

“No need. We’d do everything again, in a heartbeat.” New answered.

“In truth, I don’t know what to do New. I guess I’d just have to bear it. It hurts every time I think about it. I think to myself, ‘That should be me beside him. That should be me hugging him. That should be me calling him my boyfriend.’ It hurts New.”

“Yeah I know. Anything Sing. Anything at all, you tell me, OK?”

“Yeah. I’ll just… I’ll just hold it in for now. Yeah. I’ll let you know. Thanks.” Singto turned to a passing server. “Sir, can we get another round for my friends please? Thanks!”