Stop

"Kit"

Krist stopped, rooted on the spot.

Itthipat bumped into Krist, almost stepping on his feet. "Hey what's going on?"

Krist raised his eyes to Itthipat then slowly turned around. His knees buckled, if not for Itthipat who moved his hands to Krist's arms, the latter would have fallen down.

The sight that greeted Krist was like a bucket of cold water. He felt his body go cold. Everything faded, there was no sound, no people, no one but the ma standing in front of him.

He's here.

"P'." Krist whispered.

There he was, standing in front of a black car, Singto. Dressed in dark jeans, blue button down shirt, Krist can't tear his eyes away. He might be imagining things and do not want the dream to end. He was afraid that if he blinked, spoke or moved, Singto would disappear.

Singto, seeing Krist was not moving, walked towards the younger man. He stopped directly in front of his nong. "Hi Kit."

"P'.' Krist whispered again.

"Kit."

"Is it really you?"

"Yeah."

"You're here?"

"Yes."

"How? Why?"

"Are you going to stare at me and ask a million questions, or do I get a hug?"

"P'!!!" Krist jumped up and hugged Singto.

"Kit. I hoped you missed me I missed you more but I can't breathe."

"I'm not letting go P."

"I'm not going anywhere. You can let go. I'm not leaving you again."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"OK." Krist finally let Singto go but did not step back. There was an inch of distance between the two, and Krist did not mind at all.

"Um, Krist..."

"Oh my! Itthipat!" Krist immediately turned around. "I forgot you were there. I'm very very sorry. Let me introduce you two. This is P'Singto." He turned back to Singto. "Um P'Sing this is Itthipat."

"His boyfriend."

"Hi! Singto." Singto offered a handshake, which the other accepted.

Without turning back to Itthipat, Krist asked his questions. "What are you doing here P'?"

"I came home?"

"Yes I know! But what are you doing here. Now."

"I came to pick you up."

"I get that. But why now? I thought you were coming in 2 weeks!"

"I was supposed to but I'm here now. You think we can talk about this while sitting down? I came here to see you, straight from the airport."

"Oh my goodness! P'! Why?! You must be so tired. Yes, let's go sit somewhere. Or would you like to go home and rest?" Krist linked his arms with Singto and was walking to the car.

"Home would be good, but if you have plans, I can wait."

"Let's get you home P'. You should rest. It was a what, 6 hour flight, and you came straight here!"

"Calm down Krist. I'm OK. The flight wasn't that bad."

"No. you're coming home with me. Did you drive here?!"

"Yes. Por was supposed to drop me off but I said I'd drive."

"P'!"

"What?"

"You drove?! With no sleep and jetlag! P'!"

"Sorry. Sorry."

"Give me the keys. I'll drive."

"But you don't like driving."

"Well you can't drive in your condition! Keys."

Singto handed the keys to Krist who proceeded to walk to the driver's side. When Krist unlocked the car, Singto got into the passenger side and closed the door. While Krist was busy starting the car, Singto heard a knock on the window.

"Um, P'Singto, Krist's bag." Itthipat handedKrist's bag to Singto when the latter opened the window. Thanks Itthipat.Sorry, I stole Krist. I'll tell him to call you later. Nice to meet you man."