Turning Point

Their subjects grew more and more difficult as their third year of high school comes to a close. Singto found himself spending less and less time with their group, less and less time with Krist. He was dedicate to studying and found he had less time to play around. If he was having a hard time balancing his time, he wondered how the others are faring.

"Hey Singto, we're hanging out at Ice's after class. It's been a stressful semester, we need to let loose a bit."

"Did you ask Krist?"

"Yeah, he said he'll pass. Something to do with the economics assignment."

"I don't know, New. There are a lot of projects to turn in before the final exams next month. I think I'll pass as well."

The next week, Off decided to have a big party before they become too busy with their final exams reviews. The group asked Singto to join but his grandparents are in town and he can't go out.

"Hey Krist! You coming to my party tomorrow?"

"Oh P'Off! Is that tomorrow?"

"You're coming right?"

"I'll see if I can come P'. Who's coming?"

"There's Ice, New, Nammon, Guy, Tae and Tee, and my Gun of course!"

"Oh P, I can't. I remember I promised my mom I'll look after my sister tomorrow while she runs errands. Sorry P'."

"Guys! Movie time!!!" Nammon screamed, as usual.

"Finally, it's Friday!!! No school tomorrow!" Off joined Nammon.

"Let's watch a movie! The new Jurassic World movie is showing. Who's coming?" Ice chimed in.

"Me and P'Off." Gun shyly answered.

"OK, so OffGun, Nammon, Newie for sure, Me, Singto? Krist?"

"Sure P'!" Krist answered.

"Yeah, ok." Said Singto.

Singto learned something about Krist that afternoon. His Nong is easily surprised. Everytime the dinosaurs will show up, Krist would never fail to be startled. The younger man spilled popcorn on him a few times during the movie as they were seated beside each other. On a few occasions, Krist even held on to Singto's arm in his surprise. He even buried his face in Singto's shoulder, not wanting to see the 'scary scenes' as Krist called them.

Singto felt funny. He didn't understand what he was feeling. His stomach was churning every time Krist would hold on to him, throughout the movie. There was a time where Krist held his arm unconsciously as the one of the dinosaurs were hunting. Singto didn't understand the scene as his concentration was on the hand holding him. He kept looking at Krist beside him who was alternately watching intently and covering his eyes. Singto quit trying to understand the movie and just observed the person beside him. He was holding Krist's hand for half of the movie, trying to calm him down and get through the scary scenes. Krist seemed unaware of what he was doing and how it was affecting Singto.

On a particularly menacing scene, Krist, to his surprise hugged Singto's arm. Krist was sure he was blushing. What would his P' think? He'll surely think he's a scaredy cat. How embarrassing was it that he was clinging to his P' for half of the movie. Realizing that he was hugging his P', Krist tried to casually let go of Singto's arm. He was more surprised when Singto held on to his hands and kept it in place. Krist looked as his P' but the man was not paying attention to him but at the movie screen. He seemed to not be aware of his actions. To this, Krist can feel his face heating up. He was thankful that it was dark or his P' would see he was blushing.

The movie ended some two hours after. Krist stopped paying attention to the movie halfway through it.

"I'm starving!" Off declared.

"P', you're always hungry. You just ate 2 hotdogs and a bucket of popcorn during the movie." Gun teased his P'.

"Aw... but I'm hungry..." Off pouted at Gun.

"My Honey is hungry. I declare this time to be dinner time!" Gun stated to the group.

New answered "OK, where do you guys want to eat?"

"Kho thot na P's, Gun, I have to go. My dad just texted me to go home directly."

"Awwww... Krist!!" Off exclaimed.

"Hey, hey, if Krist has to go, he has to go." Ice, the ever reasonable came to Krist's defence. "Go on Nong, you can leave first."

"I'll get going as well guys."

"Sing, not you too!!!" New tried his hand at a pout, which has no effect whatsoever.

"Sorry guys, rain check on dinner. I'll go with you Krist."

Krist responded to Singto, softly saying "You don't have to P'. You can go with them to dinner. I'm ok to go home by myself."

"What did I say Krist?"

"That you'd take care of me. OK P' I didn't forget."

"That's settled then. Let's go home."

"But P'. The guys..."

"Nong."

"OK P'."

They had to cross the street to get to the busstop. Not thinking about it, Singto reached for Krist's hand as they werecrossing the street. Krist could only stare at their clasped hands and walkbehind his P'.