Gifts

"Who are you looking for? Singto? Let me see if he's here." Ice pretended to look around the classroom while blocking the student from looking inside. He made eye contact with Singto, the latter shaking his head no. "Nope. He's not here. Must be at the dean's office. Are those for him?" Ice took the card and box of cupcakes from the student's hands. I'll make sure he gets them. You're hoping for a reply, I expect? I'll tell him. Bye." Ice didn't leave the door until the student scratched his head and turned around.

"P' looks like you have guard duty today huh?" Krist joked with Ice while walking toward his chair beside Singto.

"Yup, and oh what a glorious job it is. Come on Krist, after the last two years, with these coming every other day, my freshman year was filled with ooey gooey chocolatey goodness. Now on our third year, I am hoping to get more! Sing, letter!" Ice threw the letter to Singto, which the latter caught and handed to Krist who was just sitting down. "And these delicious chocolate cupcakes will be on my desk."

"Ice, give me one."

Ice did a double take. "You want one Singto?"

"Yeah, give me the chocolate cupcake."

"Sing, chocolate?"

"Just give it to me Ice. You can have the rest."

"Sure Sing!" Ice was all smiles, handing Singto the chocolate flavoured cupcake.

"Here." Krist was surprised to see a cupcake on top of his notebook. He looked at his P''s head, bent down writing on his notebook.

There were a lot of similar days. Guard duty fell between Ice, New and Nammon. There were no complaints from the guards as with their duty comes delicious treats.

Krist was on his way to his locker at the back of the room. "P'!" He was surprised with the harsh tone from someone at the door. He turned to the owner of the voice and saw a second year, holding a box of chocolates, roses, card and a gift wrapped box. Krist, not wanting to be rude, went to the second year.

"Yes Nong?"

"Give these to P'Singto." As the gifts were handed to Krist with a bit of force, he had to take a step back. His body collided with a taller man. "Um hi P'..." the sophomore said, all sweet now, looking at Krist's back.

Krist turned around with the gifts in his arms. "You OK Krist?" Singto bent a bit to look at Krist's face. The latter's cheeks were tinted a shade of pink. "Here, I'll take these." Singto took all the gifts and flowers from Krist's arms. "I think New is looking for you. Something to do with our Trigonometry homework. Go."

"OK P'." Krist turned around and felt a hand pat his head. He heard Singto talking to the sophomore as he walked away.

"Nong, are these from you?"

"Oh yes P'. I heard you liked chocolates. These roses I though you would like as well. I got you a shirt from Japan as well. I hope you like them P'." The sophomore smiled sweetly.

"Here." Singto returned everything to the sophomore. Surprised, the sophomore can do nothing but accept the gifts as Singto already turned around and went inside the room, leaving him stunned.

Singto kept watching Krist's expression for therest of the day, looking for signs if the encounter with the sophomore wasaffecting his Nong. Seeing that Krist was not affected, he dismissed theexchange.