Walking

Before anyone new it, graduation day was tomorrow. The teachers were giving last minute instructions and reminders, Students were rushing to submit leftover projects. Krist, Singto and the guys on the other hand were calm as cucumbers, having had good grades for their finals and having finished their projects a while back, have nothing to finish. All that's left is to wait for graduation to start and get their high school diplomas.

"P'. I'm sad." Gun turned to Off, sitting beside him, together with the guys.

"Ohhhh... Why is that my Honey?" Off pulled Gun closer to him, hugging his boyfriend.

"It's just, today is the last official day of hanging out in our classroom. Tomorrow's graduation and after that we're going to different places." Gun burrowed himself deeper into Off's embrace.

"Gun's right, it's a bit sad." Nammon, who for once was serious, added. "We're not gonna see each other for the summer and we're going to different universities for college."

Gun added "I'm going with Krist at Kasetsart for Econ. New, you're going with us bit for Engineering."

"I'm at Chulalongkorn University with Ice for Engineering and Off with us for Business Management." Nammon chimed in.

"And P'Sing will be in Tokyo." Krist added softly.

"Come on Guys! It's not the end of the world! We're all a commute away." Off joined.

"We can meet up during the weekends and holidays." Ice added to console the group.

"Except Singto." New answered, then turned to Singto. "You can't just come here anytime. Makes me sad man."

"I'm the one that's going to be alone, but you all are sadder than I am." Singto moved closed to Krist, who was sitting down on one of the chairs. He sat on the arm of Krist's chair, leaning at the backrest, bringing him closer to the younger man, his chest, at Krist's shoulder.

Krist ever so sad, didn't notice the change in Singto's position. "Oh P'!" Krist exclaimed when he turned to find Singto close. He slightly moved the other way to put more distance between him and his P', darting a look at his friends, if they noticed their position. No one seemed to be paying attention, all lost in their thoughts. Krist relaxed a bit and moved back to Singto's almost embrace.

*ding ding dong ding!*

"OK Class, don't forget, call time tomorrow is at 8:00 am, graduation ceremony starts at 11:00. Remind your parents and guardians that they have to be at the hall by 10:00 to get good seats."

"Yes Mr. Onruang"

"Thank you class for a wonderful year. And congratulations on graduating tomorrow and getting into your respective Universities." Mr. Onruang, their Homeroom teacher tearing up a little.

"Come on Mr. Onruang, If you cry, we cry!" Off screamed, which made the whole class laugh.

"Mr. Adulkittiporn!" Their teacher mock scolded "I will miss you and your classmates."

"AWWWWWWW......" the whole class answered.

"Now go on, get out of here! I am officially sending you off into the world! Goodbye boys! Thank you for a wonderful year."

There were different greetings thrown out, some joking with Mr. Onruang, giving him a good ribbing for crying, some were a bit tearful with their thanks, some just plain happy to be finished with high school.

The group bid their farewells to the rest of the class and Mr. Onruang as well. They walked quietly out of the room, straight and out of the gate.

OffGun walking hand in hand were the first to break off from the group. "Well guys, Gun and I are this way." Off turned to the group, Gun with him, pointed to the first street they passed.

"See you tomorrow! New and I are headed this way." Ice high fived all the guys, then walked with New to the next street.

"Sing, Krist, this is where I leave you two. Behave. Haha!" Nammon bid Singto and Krist goodbye, winking at Singto as he entered the gate to his house.

"See you tomorrow P'Nammon!" Krist waved.

The two were walking quietly. Singto carrying both his and Krist's bag. Krist walking with his hands at his back.

"P'." Krist stopped walking.

Singto stopped some three steps away from Krist, then turned "Krist?"

"I'll miss you P'." There, I said it.

"Krist, I'm not leaving yet."

"Yes I know, I just want to say it, in case I forget tomorrow. Take care P' OK. Call me, whenever. I promise I'll answer all your calls." Krist added, looking at his feet.

"You're making me sad Krist." Singto walked closer. He stood in front of Krist and brought the younger's face up, hands on the latter's chin. "I'm still here."

"P'...." Krist answered, a pout on his lips, eyes watering.

"Kit." Singto wiped the tear that fell on Krist's cheek. "It's just a year. I will call you every day. We'll video chat, it'll be like I'm not even gone."

Krist hit Singto's shoulder lightly. "You know it's not the same P'!"

Singto leaned down, bringing his face nearer until they were eye to eye. "I'll miss you too Krist, more than you know. It'll be hard because I'm not around. I'm missing you already, just thinking about the next year."

"P'..." Krist was crying now.

"Your cheek's getting blotches of red. Stop crying Krist."

"P'! Don't joke now!" Krist hit Singto again, which the older caught.

Singto held Krist's hand and brought his other to the latter's cheek. "Let's get you home Krist."

"OK P'."

They walked on, this time closer than before. Singto still d Krist's hand, while Krist leaned his head on his P's shoulder. A few minutes more, they arrived at Krist' house.

Krist took a deep breath and let go of Singto's hand. He then held out a hand for his bag, which Singto handed to him. "I will see you tomorrow P'. Don't forget, 8:00. OK?"

"Yes Krist." Singto answered with a small smile.

"Don't forget your promise P'. Call me everyday."

"Yes Krist." Singto's smile widened. He raised his hand to ruffle Krist's hair. This may be the last time in a while I get to do this. Sigto thought. "See you tomorrow Krist. Don't think about me too much or you won't get much sleep or you'll have bags under your eyes."

Krist struck his tongue out as an answer then turned to run inside his house.