Courage

Krist has been standing outside Singto's apartment for the past 5 minutes, trying to muster enough courage to just knock. His hands seem to move on it's own.

*knock* *knock*

Another minute passed and no answer. Krist was turned to leave when the door opened. He turned back and caught himself as he unconciously stepped back.

"Hi!" Ping called, as she opened the door, drying her hair. "You're Krist right? Singto's just in the bedroom. I'll call him."

"No, don't. I was just leaving."

"Kit?"

Upon hearing Singto's voice, Krist ran. He blindly ran to the elevator, pressing the button again and again. "Come on. Come on."

"Kit wait!"

Krist turned to see Singto running down the corridor. He moved towards the stairwell and ran.

Singto was faster thatn Krist. He caught the younger man at the second landing, holding on to Krist's arm. He pulled and brought him crashing into Singto's chest.

"Let go!" Krist struggled.

"No! Let me explain Kit."

"Explain what? Explain the half naked woman in your room?"

"Kit, listen to me!"

"No, I hear you. Loud and clear. I get it. You're a man. You have needs. I get it. Just let me go."

"Kit!" Singto tried to hug Krist, the other trying desperately to get away. Singto tried to kiss Krist but the other resisted. Singto changed the angle and deepened the kiss, or tried to. He felt Krist stop resisting, was responding. They stopped to breathe.

"Can I go now P'?

"Kit?" Singto looked into Krist's eyes. he desperately tried to read them. He saw nothing. No emotion, no feelings. He let go of Krist, as if burned, stepped back, hands helpless at his side.

Krist moved around Singto, exiting the stairwell door. He left Singto, head bowed, looking at his hands.

Krist ran out of the lobby, into the pouring rain. He hailed the first cab that he passed. He didn't see Singto running after him. He just told the cab to drive, "Anywhere but here", he said.