Questions

"P' why don't you talk to the students who come to give you gifts?"

Singto was surprised to hear this question from Krist. The younger man never showed any interest in the past. He didn't even know Krist was aware of this particular topic let alone interested in his opinion on it. Krist, in all the time Singto has known him, has been oblivious to the interest that have been shown to him.

There have been times when Singto or any of the guys from their group had to intervene and in all essence of the word, build a fence around their Nong. They weren't sure if Krist was open to the advances that the other students are making towards him.

There were heated instances between Singto, the guys and some seniors, in the last year, particularly when a certain senior was very aggressive about courting Krist. They had to be creative in their reasoning and clever in dodging the senior's intentions. Singto even had to pretend to be 'with' Krist to block the senior. Krist didn't seem to be aware of the incident. His line of question about Singto's admirers was, to say the least, a surprise to the older man.

"Why do you ask Krist?"

"Well no reason P'. It's just that in the three years I've known you, you haven't entertained any of your suitors. Now that we're in our 4th year, I'm counting less than 100 proposals that came to our classroom door and you've talked to only a handful. I guess I was just curious why that is."

"If you really want to know, let's just say I'm not interested in the less than 100 proposals." Singto smiled at Krist.

"Seriously P'? Even P'Ton? I heard last year at the closing ceremony how P'Ton was one of the most crushable guys in our batch and that a lot are hoping to catch his eye. I saw him talking to you earlier when we entered the library. Did he propose P'?"

"Yes he did, and no not even Ton. I'm just not interested in the proposals I got, OK? Can we drop the subject Krist? Since we got here, that's all we talked about. Why did we even come to the library? I thought you wanted to get a head start on the topics for Calculus? Didn't you say you want to ace our math class now that we're seniors?"

"Yeah. Fine. I'll drop it P'. I just don't get it. But yeah. Let's just study."

Their senior days went practically the same. Singto and Krist spending a few hours in the library, sometimes with one or two of the guys from their group, often times just the two of them.

Senior year was hectic. The word does not even come close to capturing the entirety of their schedules. Aside from their studies, they had to participate in extracurricular activities, which for some classes are a must to be able to pass.

"Hey Krist, can I bother you?" Guy asked while Krist was about to take nap in between classes.

"What's up P'Guy?"

"Remember freshman year we introduced ourselves and you said you played instruments?"

"Yeah P'."

"Well I'd like to ask if you could join the presentation this year. We have to participate in at least one activity for the foundation day. I asked and the only available spot was for a drummer in the senior band."

"Oh P', is that it? Sure! I'd love to! Who what when where? Just tell me the details P', I'll be there."

"Awesome! This is awesome Krist! You're awesome! Let me ask the committee and I'll let you know OK?

"Sure thing P'."

"Hey Krist, what did Guy want?"

"Oh P'Ice! P'Guy asked me to join the senior band."