Patience

"You're staring again."

"Aw. You said not to disturb you, you didn't say I can't look at you too."

Krist breathed in. "P'Sing. I can feel you staring at me."

"But Kit, I'm all the way over here. I am too far away from you. Can't I sit beside you?"

"No."

"But Kit."

"P'Sing, I have to finish this paper today so I can go with you to P'Nat's party this weekend."

"But Kit..."

"OK, how about this, I won't work on this tonight and cuddle with you..."

"Yay!"

"... and work on it for the next few days while you're at the party."

"You can't!"

"So behave."

Krist felt bad for his P'Singto, sitting kitty-corner at the end of the sofa, furthest away from Krist, who had his books scattered on the dining room table. He asked his P' to give him space to work so he can finish his paper. Singto looked so cute, like a kid at a toystore, looking at a toy he can't have.

"OK. Can you hurry up and finish already?" Singto said in a huff, pouting almost as effectively as Krist does. He turned away from his Nong and turned on the TV to distract himself.

Krist smiled to himself, shaking his head. Sometimes P'Sing, you're just too cute. He marked his notes where he's working, stood up and walked to the couch.

Singto who was trying his hardest to stare down the TV, didn't notice Krist move. He was trying to keep his promise, not even paying attention to anything else, so as not to distract.

Krist approached silently. He smiled at his P's profile. He thought This is the most I've seen him concentrate. He's more focused than when he's studying. I wonder if I can distract him... Krist was beside the couch now, Singto still not seeing him. He stood directly infront of a Singto who was surprised to see Krist there.

Krist placed a knee beside Singto's thigh on the couch. He sat astride Singto, resting his elbows on his P's shoulders. Singto all the while, a deer caught in headlights.

"Hey." Krist said, his forehead resting against Singto's. "What are you watching all serious here? Can I distract you for a bit?"

"Um... ah... um... Kit..." Singto stammers.

"Yes P'?"

"I thought... Your paper..."

"Oh that, I'm almost done. How 'bout you? Wachadoin' way over here?"

"I thought you said not to distract you?"

"I'm tired. Taking a break."

Singto, awake now placed his hands behind Krist, bringing the other closer, flush against him. "In that case, 'Hi!'" Singto said smiling. He can see Krist's eyes shining from up close. "How can I help?"

"I need to recharge so I can finish my paper tonight. Any suggestions?"

"I do actually. Can I?"

"Oh please do."

Singto gave a small smile and angled his head, closing the space between their lips.

A few minutes later, Krist moved his head away, stood up and said "Well, you're right P'! That is recharging!"

Singto slowly opened his eyes, still in a daze. Every single time. He thought. He looked at Krist who was walking back to the dining table. "Kit?"