Promise

"Krist, dear, someone here for you!" His Mae called from the stairs.

Krist, upon hearing this bound down the stairs. He wasn't expecting anyone, least of all a certain person, for all he knew, it could be a surprise... He stopped mid run, coming from the stairs when he saw New in their living room, talking to his Mae.

"Aw, P'Newwiie, what's up?" Krist asked, puzzled.

"Hey yah Krist! I was sent here to escort you today." New answered, broad smile in place.

"Oh! Isn't that sweet dear?" Mae said, facing to Krist. "New here was telling me Singto asked him to accompany you today. Didn't you say you needed to buy supplies for school?"

"Yes Mae, I do. Just not expecting P'New to show up." Krist walked further into the room, as his Mae excused herself to make breakfast.

"You're eating here New, right?" Mae asked.

"Yes Mrs. Sangpotirat, if you'll have me. I heard from Singto that you make excellent breakfast." New said, beaming.

"Oh that boy! Of course you're very welcome here New. I'll finish preparing breakfast." To Krist, "Good that you're ready dear, you can chat with New while I cook."

"Yes Mae." What, no 'you can call me Mae' for P'New? "So P'Newwiie, P'Sing really sent you?"

"Yup!" New jokingly stood straighter and executed a bow "At your service sir. That freaking Singto called me last night, at 11, mind you, to tell me that you needed to buy stuff today, and that I should go with you. 'To carry the heavy stuff' if there's any. If that guy wasn't my brother...."

"Haha! You didn't have to P'. I can manage on my own."

"What! And let the great saingto down, not on your life. I'll never hear the end of it if I didn't do what he says, after I promised and all. Especially if it concerns you. I should just say 'Yes Sir.'!"

"What did you promise P'? To P'Singto?"

"Uh-oh... I shouldn't have said that, I'm gonna be in trouble."

"What is it P'Newwiie, tell me."

"OK. Just don't tell Sing I told you. Singto made me promise to look after you while he's not here."

"Oh. And you said yes?"

"Well of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"P', you do realize that I'm not a child right?"

"Well, Singto's not here, so we have to step up."

"'We', P'?"

"Oh no. I guess cat's out of the bag. Yes, 'we'. All the guys promised Singto to be there for you for while he's in Japan. And yes, we all said yes. Before you get all outraged, we technically volunteered, Sing didn't force us or anything."

"Still P'! That's weird! I'm not a child! And I can take care of myself, you know!"

"Well of course you're not a kid! Hello! Old enough to be someone's boyfriend!"

"..." Krist was thinking of a reply as his Mae called them for breakfast.

"Have fun Dear! You're welcome anytime New, come back soon! " Mae bid them goodbye.

"Thanks Mrs. Sangpotirat! I'll come back for sure! Breakfast was great, Singto was right you're a great cook!" New made his farewells with a wai to Krist's Mae.

As they were walking out of the house, "So where are we going?" New asked Krist.

"You brought your car P'?"