Ice Cream

The two arrived at Siam Paragon. Singto got out first, then reached for Krist's door, the same time the younger was opening it to get out.

"P', what are you doing?"

"Opening your door?"

"I can see that. Why?"

"No reason."

"OK... You do know that I can open my own door right?"

"Well yeah. I just like doing stuff for you."

Krist studied hip P' for a few seconds. "Let's just go P'. I'm hungry."

"That's because you didn't eat breakfast, after Mae prepared it and all."

"'Mae' huh?"

"Mae did tell me to call her that, so..." Singto shrugged. Besides, I am bound to call her that sooner or later. He thought to himself.

"Whatever P'. I'm hungry. Let's go."
Krist led the way to the mall. Singto had to jog a bit to catch up with his Nong. When He caught up with Krist, he casually put his arm on the latter's shoulder. When Krist didn't react, Singto tightened his hold to bring the younger closer to him. He felt a touch of victory at that moment.

Krist tried to slow his heartbeat, walking beside his P'. He kept thinking, This is like any other day, walking beside P'Singto. Except it wasn't. Somehow he knew there was something different with how his P' was with him. What's changed? What's going on? It was driving him crazy thinking about it, added to that, he was hungry so he couldn't think straight.

The two arrived at a restaurant for lunch. They sat opposite each other, which afforded Krist a little breathing room to think and analyze his P's strange actions.

After lunch, Krist was still nowhere near an answer. He kept thinking of different scenarios, from his P' being sick to liking him, which is crazy, Krist thought.

"Krist, movie?"

"Oh yeah. Um movie. Yeah."

"Let's get the tickets."

They ended up in the "love cinema", named such because of the chairs designed for couples that serves as cinema seats. Krist was a bit worried and excited at the same time. Worried because he won't know how to behave, given the seating provisions, and excited because he got to spend the next hour and a half beside his P'.

They bought popcorn and drinks then proceeded to their seat. Though he gets scared easily, Krist loved watching scary movies. The movie began and Krist forgot about his worries and focused on the movie. His full attention was on the movie, paying no mind to his P'.

Singto was amused with Krist's choice of movie. He knew Krist was a scaredy cat, yet the movie was the scariest one in the theatre. He was waiting Krist's unavoidable reactions to the scary parts. Krist didn't disappoint.

He was scared, yes, but having Singto beside him gave Krist courage to get through the gory scenes. That didn't mean he didn't occasionally jump up from his seat or give a little scream, or during the worst parts, hang on to his P's arm and burry his face on Singto's shoulder.

One particular scene had Krist gripping Singto's arm. Singto thought to himself, The closer Krist is, the better. This was what he thought but the divider between the seats digging on his side was beginning to hurt.

"Kit. The scene's over. You can let go now."

"Oh. Sorry P'."

"Here." Singto disentangled himself from Krist. He raised the cup holder between them then forced Krist to move closer to his side. He raised his arm to run along the back of Krist's chair, leaving the younger flushed against him.