Sap

"I will not be part of this sappy stunt! No!" Gun was saying between clenched teeth.

"Please Gun. Please. Just give it to Krist."

"Just do it Gun." New said as he munched on some chips. "This guy didn't let up until I agreed to deliver flowers everyday. I don't even know why I had to deliver them! He has a car. He has hands! They see each other everyday! Jeez!"

"Oh shut up New. You got to see Neen everyday! You practically begged me to let you do it!"

New threw a handful of chips at Singto.

"And that, you're gonna regret once Krist sees the bits under my couch."

"Whatever Sing!" New responded, picking up chips scattered on the floor.

"OK fine! I'll do this for Krist! But you owe me!"

"Yes! Thanks Gun!"

When Singto arrived the next morning, Krist was waiting at the lobby of his condo.

"P'Sing!" Krist called.

"Oh Kit! Why are you down here? Am I late?"

"No P' right on time. I just thought you're waking up this early for me, least I could do is save you the time to go up. Plus, the lift's broken so you'd have to take the stairs to the 8th floor."

"I'd have climbed to the roof deck for you, you know that."

"Yeah, I do. That's why I went down."

"So thoughtful." Singto lifted Krist's bag to his shoulders. They walked out of the lobby hand in hand.

Singto high fived the guard as they passed him by. "See you tomorrow Mr. J!"

"Mr. J? You call our guard Mr. J?"

"Yup! Short for Mr. Juripol."

"I know his name. Since when do you call him a nickname?"

"You know he said you're one of his favorite tenants. He said you always smile at him, even if you seem pissed, you smile when you see him."

"And when did he tell you this?"

"The other day."

"The other day?"

"Yeah. I was waiting for the rain to stop when I dropped you off. We got to talking. Did you know he has a 15 year old daughter? She wants to go to Kasetsart and study Economics?"

"No I did not know that."

"Yeah. And he has a 5 year old son who does Muay Thai."

"Tell me the truth P'. Are you daring my condo guard?"

"Hahaha! Kit! I just thought I should talk to him. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have someone looking out for you when I'm not around."

"Good morning P'Gun!"

"Morning Krist!"

"P'Sing said to give you this." Krist handed Gun breakfast.

"And Singto said to give you this." Gun exchanged with a note.

"Oh." Krist responded. He opened the note and smiled. The note read:

Hi my Kit. I know what you're going to say. 'P'Sing, we just saw each other a few minutes ago.' Yeah, we did. That was a few minutes too long ago. I miss you already. I think I'm getting too cheesy. Concentrate on your lectures this morning. Don't think of me too much or else you're going to write the wrong name on your quiz next period. I gave Gun something else to give you. Think of me, but not too much or you'll distract me. Love you Kit.