Late

"Man, you're early." Nammon greeted as ke capped Off's shoulder.

"For a change." Added New as they both sat opposite Off.

"Where's Sing and Ice?"

"Sing's parking the car, with Krist. Ice is on his way."

"OK." Off answered, his shoulders drooping.

"P'Off." Krist said as he and Singto reached the table.

"Krist, Singto." Off said as a way of greeting.

"Off. How've you been?" Singto said as he sat beside Krist, leaving one chair opposite them, beside Nammon and New, waiting for Ice.

"Me?" Off answered, smirking. "Fine. Dandy. Exstatic."

Krist was poised to say something but was stopped when Singto held his knee under the table.

"Off." Singto warned.

"Sorry, sorry. I've just been on edge lately. And I know why you called me here."

"What did you do?" Ice asked as he arrived at their table.

"He forgot." Krist answered.

"Forgot what?" Nammon asked the group.

"Gun's birthday, Gun's Por's birthday, their date or their anniversary. You pick." New added.

*whew* Nammon answered with a slight whistle. "Deep sh*t man. Deep."

"Yeah. I know." Off answered between gritted teeth.

"What happedned?" Ice asked.

"I just... forgot."

"How can you forget those dates? You've been celebrating for 9 years now."

"I know. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Dude. Gun's let a lot slide. He's also been busy like you. I'm sure he has a lot on his mind as well. We're on our 3rd year for crying out loud. We're all busy. But how can you forget?"

"I'm just stressed. I don't know." Off stood and left the table.

A few seconds later, Singto squeezed Krist's knee and stood up to follow Off.

"Off, wait up."

"Sing."

"What's going on?"

They stopped at a table by the window. Singto looked towards their table and nodded to Ice, letting the big man know that he will handle the situation.

"I don't know what to do Sing. Tell me what to do." Off whispered.

"What's really going on?"

"You know how we all don't have time? With projects and finals and reportsand all? I mean it's hard making time for all of that. To top it all, I have to make time for Gun and make headspace to think about it. Headspace that I don't have."

"I understand. We all feel that way. I understand how you can feel stressed about it. You and Gun being in different schools and far away does not help at all. But man, you should have talked to Gun about it. He'll understand you know."

"We did talk about it. And he does understand. He's been understanding a lot of things." Off said with a small smile. "Did you know that he's forgiven me for forgetting his birthday? Our anniversary? I made up for missing his Por's birthday, and he's OK with that too. Why does one missed date carry a whole lot of weight? I mean, it's just a date."

"This is the reason Gun's pissed." At Off's blank look, Singto continued. "Gun's been understanding of your time and lack thereoff. He's been making allowances for your misses. If you can forget a small thing like a date, after all his sacrifices and all, that one simple date was the icing on the cake."

Singto looked at Krist sitting with the group then back at Off.

"We've worked hard for both our relationships." Off was confused at Singto's change in topic. Seeing this, Singto elaborated. "You've been with Gun since 6th grade. You've been OffGun for almost a decade now. And you're giving up now?"

"I'm not giving up."

"Sound to me like you are."

"No I'm not. After all Gun and I have been through, you think I'm giving up? After facing the wrath and calming down both our parents, you think I'm giving up? After all the ridicule we had to endure until we beccame the infamous OffGun, I'd give up? No. No, I am not giving up."

Singto smiled. "This is what Gun has to hear. Look at it from Gun's perspective. You've been missing occasions, dates, you haven't been making the effort like you used to, like he has. Then you go out of your way to spend time with other people when you barely see each other, how do you think he would feel? He feels left out. He feels as if you're taking things for granted."

"I have, haven't I?" *nod* "What do I do Sing? I don't want to loose Gun. I can't bear him being mad at me."

"What do you usually do when you mess up?"

"I don't think a boquet of scratch paper flowers will do the trick this time."

"You'd be surprised. The littlest thing Off. It's all in the details."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"OK." Off moved to stand.

"Oh, and Off, don't tell Gun we know, alright? He told Krist not to tell us and not to get involved."

"Yeah."

Singto stood as Off walked back to their table, the latter's steps seemed lighter.