Dance with Me

Krist was in a panic. He was thankful it was dark inside the room as he was sure that he was blushing. He kept looking at his feet, unable to look at Singto.

"Krist." Singto called from a few inches away.

When did he come closer? I'm sure he was a foot away...

"Um P'." Krist raised his head, still not looking at Singto.

"Krist look at me. What's going on?"

"Um... Nothing P'. I... Nothing... you like this song P'? This is my favourite song. I listen to it all the time." Krist knew he was rambling but he can't help it.

"Krist."

At Singto's call, Krist risked looking at his P's eyes.

"P'?"

"Krist, would you like to dance?"

"I thought we were already dancing P'."

"We were, but you stopped."

"Oh. Um... It's just that... the music changed."

"We can dance to this can't we?"

"Um... Yeah... OK... Um... Let's"

Singto offered his hand to Krist who awkwardly held his P's hand. Feeling Krist has accepted, Singto slowly pulled his Nong closer, until there was only an inch between them. He could feel the tension coming from Krist placed his hands at latter's back.

"Relax Krist. It's just a dance."

"Yes P'."

Gradually, Krist let go and Singto can feel him relax. They were swaying to the music, Krist's head resting on Singto's shoulder. It felt to Krist, as he closed his eyes, as if everything faded. He didn't know where they were or who was watching them. All that mattered was the person he was dancing with.

"Krist." Singto called softly. "Sorry, but you have to go."

"What?" Krist asked just as softly.

"Krist. You have band practice."

"Oh yeah. Right, I do. Um..." Krist said, straightening from his position. He took one step away from Singto, to keep his mind focused. "I... Thanks for the dance P'. I gotta go. Bye."

Krist almost ran away from Singto, the excuse of band practice good enough to wake him up. He didn't see the looks other visitors of the disco were throwing his way or the confused look on Victor's when he separated from Singto. He didn't see the triumphant smiles from each of his friend's faces, OffGun, New, Nammon, even Ice who temporarily closed the room entrance to watch. He didn't see Singto's soft smile of contentment.

New announced a break from dancing and descended from his elevated DJ booth.

"So... I want a week's supply of lunchboxes." New said as he pat Singto's back.

"Yeah man, you got it." Singto can't stop his smile from spreading ear to ear.

The group slowly got together around Singto. Off was patting Singto's back while Gun hugged Singto. Ice had his arm on Nammon's shoulders, both walking towards the group.

"Nice save Nammon!" New high fived Nammon.

"Yeah, so Sing... What do I get?" Nammon asked as he got near the group.

"Whatever you want dude." Singto answered, still smiling.

"Alright!" Nammon winked at him.

"Well, that was a sight to see. Glad I closed the room and got to watch. Way to go Sing!" Ice clapped Singto's back. The latter coughed from the force of Ice's hands.

"I refuse to celebrate yet." Singto said but the group can see his smile and were happy for their friend.

"What's your plan Sing?" Off asked.

"I don't know yet. All I know is the band performance will be a challenge."

"Don't worry, we got your back." Ice assured Singto.

"Speaking of how you guys got my back, who's going to watch Krist's practice now? I can't. It'll be too awkward for him."

"Yeah, we'll go." Off volunteered to go with Gun.