itona & reader | lockscreen

requested by someone who changed their username so idk anymore :(

anyways, here's the new update!

——-

'Cause with you I'm superhuman

Hope it's not a grand delusion

So keep me in this state of mind

Tell me that it's real life

——-

Second Person's Point of View

You stood in the middle of the diner, wiping off a couple tables, thinking to yourself. The sound of the city buzzed outside, cars, sirens, honking, laughing, but none of it reached your ears. You had learned to block it out a long time ago. Your job was decent, your home was decent, your neighborhood was decent, your life was...well, decent. Except for financial things.

Job? Everyone must be wondering why. Well, your family is poor and you needed a job to go to. It wasn't allowed in school, yes, but you were desperate for the money. And since your friend, Isogai, was the one who told you about this, you agreed without hesitation.

"Y/N-chan, my shift is already over, so see you around? Or do you want me to pick you up after your shift?" Isogai suddenly spoke behind you, his bag around his shoulder, ready to leave the place.

"Everything's fine, Isogai-kun. Don't worry about me. I'll just call you or text you if something comes up." You reassured him, raising a thumb to make him believe that it's okay.

"Okay. Take care!"

He exited the shop with ease, and you decided to continue what you were doing earlier. When you heard a wolf whistle come from behind you, you rolled your eyes, preparing to fake a smile and serve another perverted jerk. When you turned your back around, a genuine look of relief crossed your face when you saw Itona, one of your classmates and best friend, standing behind you, leaning against the counter, a grin across his pale face.

"I hate when you do that whistle. It just makes me think that you're one of those annoying pervert guys." You muttered, taking a few steps closer to him.

His smile widened slightly and spoke, "I know."

You walked around the counter as he sat in his usual seat grabbing a menu, a pointless gesture, as you know he already memorized it.

"What's good today?" He asked.

"Nothing special." You whispered, making him smile. "Honestly, I don't know why you come in here so often, Itona-kun. You know that our chef barely knows the difference between sugar and salt and you're not that even close with Isogai-kun, so what's the point?"

He glanced up at you, a small smirk hanging on to the edge of his lips, a distant look in his eyes that tells you he knows something you don't.

"I'll take a slice of pie and a cup of coffee then."

You let a small smile fall across your face this time, the pie and the coffee were the only two things in this diner that were good. You knew this because you were the one that made them. Not that you were bragging about it, though. "Today's special is mixed berry."

"Great."

"How's your mom?" He added, changing the topic as well.

"Fine, still with that loser stepfather and stepbrothers but yeah, she's fine." You explained with a sly look.

He chuckled and replied, "So he still hasn't gotten himself out of the house then?"

"Unfortunately not."

After placing the pie and coffee in front of Itona, you looked around the diner to make sure no one needed anything before sitting down across from him.

You two talked as you usually did when he came in. You worked almost every day recently, since most of the servers quit, leaving you and Isogai alone to manage. But, luckily the place was never too busy, mostly on account of the food. Itona would come in every day and talk with you, making sure that your friendship didn't suffer on account of your working.

"Hey! Can I get a refill?" An older man called from across the diner with a smile.

"Sure thing!" You called back quickly, turning and grabbing the coffee pot.

Itona watched you as you wandered over to the man, taking part in small talk 'How was your meal?', 'Do you need anything else', and etc.

Itona's phone vibrated in his pocket, as he took out the phone it read out loud, "Get some girl, most probably Y/N, on your way home would you? -Love Terasaka." If his glimpse could wreck a thing, most probably his phone was already damaged. "Pft, as if he as a girl himself." He sighed briefly as he looked at his lock screen. It was you, a picture Itona took one day while you two were hanging out.

"Is that me?"

Itona jumped out of his skin as he became startled by you. "Shit, Y/N! You scared the fuck out of me!" You smirked briefly as he tried to shove his phone back in his pocket. You grabbed it quickly before he could say anything. "H-Hey!"

You turned the screen back on, and looked at the picture, remembering the time when he took it. "I'm really the one in your lock screen?" You asked with disbelief, glancing at him.

He looked nervous all of a sudden, thinking that maybe he could play it off with a 'yeah of course, you are my best friend after all', but that excuse would only make sense if the picture was of both of you, god knows he has enough of them on his phone. Instead he muttered out, "You weren't supposed to see that, Y/N."

You smiled at him, as you leaned onto the counter top, getting intrigued by his answer. "How long have I been your lock screen Itona-kun?"

"A while." He responded.

Seeing the smile on your face, he realized that you weren't creeped out by it. He watched as you pulled out your phone and turned it on. You turned to show him the picture on your screen. It was of the both of you, where you were there, sitting on his lap in a crowded fair, fireworks behind you. One of your friends, most probably Karma or Nakamura— since both of them had a copy–, took it for you. Anyone would say you were couple if they saw it.

Itona grinned as he stared at the photo. "I remember that day, I almost asked you out on the ferris wheel." Itona froze for a second, wondering why the hell he just admitted that.

"Why almost? Why didn't you?"

"Uhh, well...I just didn't think you'd say yes." He fidgeted with his cup of coffee, resisting to look at you.

"I would've though." You manage to make a laugh escape on your lips, realizing that your best friend is a shy one.

His face shot up, looking at the small genuine smile on your face. "You would've?"

You nodded lightly.

"Would you still say yes if I asked now?"

Your smirk widened as you said, "Yes."

Itona tried his hardest not to break into a happy fluff ball, but failed as he leaned closer to you. "Then will you? Go out with me?"

You leaned in as well, meeting his eyes with a wide smile. "Of course, yes."

>>>>>

one shot was inspired and came from from make-me-imagine [tumblr]

see you on the next.

vote. comment. share.

arigato gozaimasuu~ ^-^