Chapter 6: What the Hell

After a few hours in the hospital, they went back to the hotel

I woke up in bed with the light from the room making my eyes go blurry, I sat up a bit and looked down to see me bandaged up and in some blue shorts and white tank top, I looked around the room a bit confused until I saw Clare sitting on a chair staring at me.

He looked deep in thought, "C-Clare?" My voice cracked a bit from lack of water, his head popped up and he shook it, as if he was just pulled from his thoughts, his expression became serious and deadly making me nervous, he looked into my eyes and nodded his head towards the table beside the bed.

I looked over and saw a cup of water and pain killers, I grabbed it and took it immediately, I felt better after awhile and smiled weakly "thank you Clare".

His expression still didn't change and he stood up and sat right in front of me on the bed, "Queen." He said darkly, this made me shiver as goosebumps erupted on my skin, I looked down almost positive I knew what he was gonna ask.

"What. Happened. To. You?" He asked slowly making sure I heard every word clearly.

"I tripped..." I lied, he grabbed my arm making me wince in pain he lifted my head exposing my neck a little, "This is not from falling" he said referring to my bruised neck, it had hand marks indicating that someone choked me.

"Queen I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything and everything you hear me" he said, I nodded quickly and pushed his hand away allowing my head to fall back into place, "what happened?" He asked.

I sighed and I thought back, just the thought of what happened made my heart ping, it's crazy how Chris still has this much effect on me after one year.

"I went to Chris house to pick up Cj when I met this girl who opened the door. She was being mad rude for no damn reason and kept putting her dirty ass hands on me so I fought her until Chris came out of no where and pulled me off of her, when he did I started yelling at him, until he got mad and.....back handed me." I mubbled the last part.

Clare ran his hand over his face and scratched his beared and looked up at me. "What else?" He asked.

"He choked me and threw me out the house" I finished, tearing up remembering what had happened, Clare stood up and paced around the room his face was red and he was swinging both his hands back and forth making them hit each other each time in front of him, after awhile of him pacing he went to his side of the bed and grabbed something from under the bed, it was a black case that he brings with him everywhere.

He opened it and pulled out his gun and checked the clip for bullets after assuring himself of the bullets he put it through his belt and covered it with his black shirt, then he put the case back where he found it, "Clare what're you doing?" I asked getting up slowly.

"Imma show this nigga why he fucked up" he said walking to the door, I limped over and pulled him away from the door "No you can't! Clare please you can't kill him think about Cj!" I yelled.

Clare looked at me emotionless, "he should of thought about his son before putting his hands on you" he said picking me up and placing me behind him before opening the door and walking over to the steps, I huffed as I followed him after closing and locking the door behind me, "Clare please stop!" I yelled. Ignoring me he continued to walk down the steps with only one thing in mind.

I didn't know why I was trying to stop him but all I knew was that my heart couldn't stand letting my first love die because of me.

I followed Clare to a random car that looked brand new. Figuring it was a rental I got into the car with him and tried talking him out of it as he drove over there.

But my attempts failed me as he pulled up, he opened his car door and left it open as I did the same, "YURRRR!" Clare yelled.

I tried pulling Clare but he just yanked his arm away, Chris walked out with a confused look on his face, "man who are you?" He asked.

"Man you know who the fuck I am stop playing with me" Clare spat walking up on Chris, Chris looked over at me and realised what was going down. He quickly pushed Clare back "man get out my face!" He yelled.

Clare walked up on him again, "get me out your face" he spat, Chris pushed him again getting mad.

"Yeah! GET tight I want you to be mad, I want you to hit me exactly like you hit Queen" Clare yelled walking up on him again.

"STOP IT CLARE" I yelled.

"Nah imma ride or die for mine and Queen mines now homie" Clare spat in Chris face, Chris got angry at Clare's words and swung at him but Clare just simply dodged it before punching him in his shit making Chris stumble backwards, giving him no time to do anything Clare rushed his ass.

I ran over to them grabbing Clare's arm trying to pull him off of Chris.

"STOP IT he had enough!" I yelled in tears.

"Nah, ion believe that" Clare said getting up and pulling his gun out, Chris face went pale, "Clare, please stop I love him" I cried.

Clare froze, he backed up a bit and put his gun up, "man Queen you sound stupid as hell. How can you love this nigga after the hell he put you through, after he beat yo ass with no remorse" he said, I shook my head, "I don't want to love him but I can't help it" I sniffled.

"Well that sounds like you need a new man in your life" he shrugged.

I looked up at him with my teary eyes "let's go home Clare" is all I said, Clare 'Tch' and wrapped my arm around his shoulder taking me to the car, "ayo pussy nigga the next time you put yo hands on my shorty imma make sure ya hands chopped off" Clare spat as we got in the car.

When we got back in the hotel Clare sat on the bed and watched the game.

I looked over at him and tapped him, "what?" He asked not looking at me.

"Look at me" I said, "nah I'm good ma" he shrugged, I grabbed the remote and cut the tv off and looked back at him, his face expression showed he was aggravated.

"Man what Queen?" He said with a mug.

"Stop being mad at me nigga, I'm sorry about the Chris thing okay?" I said.

He waved me off and went into the bathroom, I chuckled and shook my head at his childish behavior "bitch" I muttered.

He walked out the bathroom and got in my face "repeat that" He said.

"You're a bi-" he cut me off by pulling me into a kiss.

My heart started to bang against my chest as he pulled away, I was speechless as I watched him back up.

"That's what I thought" he said before walking back into the bathroom closing the door and starting the shower.

'Damn' I thought.