Chapter 9: Time Away

Two weeks later

The past two weeks been real hectic for me, I've been booked for radio shows and talk shows, I was in non-stop photoshoots, I had to attend meet and greets, and I had to travel to different states to attend these things and though it's been stressful trying to cram it all in two weeks it's been great. The unfortunate part about all of this was my schedule, it has been real tight lately so I don't really have time to chill with Clare like I wanted to.

Sometimes he would come with me but he also had things to do, so It's been hard.

And another reason we haven't been able to make time for each other was because of La'nae .. his new girlfriend.

I was kind of sad about it but she actually makes him happy from what I could see; so me being the best friend I am, I fell back and let them have their time together.

On the bright side of things Clare is finally putting more effort into his clothing line; he's also being paid for club appearances because of his sudden blow up on Instagram.

And of course I want to join him on his journey and help him out but I don't wanna make shit more awkward than it has to be, Nae seems like a nice girl and she's really pretty, ion want her thinking me and Clare got anything going on when we don't.

Moving on from that I've currently been drowning myself in my work, so much that there is less work I have to do now, so I am now packing to go on a vacation, to get out of here so Clare won't worry about me.

My phone started to ring and without looking at the caller I.D. I answered.

"Hello?" I said sticking my phone In-between my shoulder and ear.

"Wassup Queen" Clare said into the phone, I dropped my folded shirt and grabbed my phone from between my shoulder and ear 'wtf' I mouthed.

I looked at the picture and caller I.D. as if it was gonna change.

"Hello? Queen?" He asked from the other line, I cleared my throat and put on a fake smile as if he could see me, "hey yeah I'm here is there anything you needed or......?" I said regretting picking up the phone in the first place.

"Oh nah I just wanted to check up on you, you doing anything right now?" He asked.

"Ummmmmm actually yes....." I said in a high pitch tone but quickly cleared my throat and went back to my normal tone.

"Queen why you gotta lie?" He asked with a slight attitude.

"Look I'm sorry okay" I sighed sitting down on the bed.

"Nah it's coo, I get it you got big things going for you so you can't be bothered, it's okay" he said in an annoyed tone.

I shook my head knowing he couldn't see me, "no, Clare its not like that-" I tried to say but he hung up on me.

I blew out a aggervated breath before pulling out some grey tights, a white long sleeve crop top and white yeezes. I quickly slipped them on before going to the bathroom to brush my hair down, after that I grabbed my bag and slipped my phone and keys in before leaving.

I walked out my apartment and went to my car, I jumped in and turned it on before blasting some music and pulling off to Clare's apartment.

When I got there I turned my car off and grabbed my shit before getting out and walking up to his apartment. I blew out a aggravated breath as I opened the door "Clare!" I yelled looking around.

"He not here boo, what you want?" Nae said coming out of the kitchen, "oh it's nothing I'll just wait until he come back" I said sitting on the couch; she looked a bit nervous and scared, "you his best friend right?" She asked looking back, she had on a big grey shirt which I'm thinking belonged to Clare.