Chapter 16: Your Fault!

"It was the hospital, Clarence is alive..." Mod said.

Queen looked over at Chris with a relieved expression "lucky you"

"Lucky? His ass won't be so lucky when my nigga Clarence is out, count on that shit" Mod spat walking up in Chris's face.

"Mod stop" Queen said grabbing his arm, he looked back at her in disbelief before yanking his arm away, "Queen you know you're my sis, but are you fucking serious right now? You letting this nigga live after he set you both up and tried to kill our friend?!" He yelled.

Queen frowned; she understood where Mod was coming from of course but she felt like he had no right to yell at her like she was the one who started this whole mess, she never wanted any of this to happen; "First of all watch your tone and secondly I never asked Clare to protect me-"

"But you did Queen! You did! You might've not actually put it in words but you sure as hell did get him to care a hell of a lot about you for him to get into it with more than one nigga!" He yelled.

Queen gritted her teeth as she felt her anger spike, without another word she swung and smacked him across the face.

Mod's face flung to the side as he flexed his jaw from the impact.

She slightly took a step back as she realized her actions "I'm sorry" she mumbled as she looked down "I allowed my anger to take control and that's my mistake but please stop yelling at me" she said.

Silence.

He stared at her for a second before looking down at his phone, it was awhile before he looked back up at her. "Imma drop you off at the hospital" he said with little to no emotion before walking out the bar leaving Queen alone with Chris.

"You did what you had to do.." Chris said.

"Shut the fuck up" She spat grabbing her bag and walking out the club to join Mod in the car.

At the hospital

They both stayed quiet the entire ride to the hospital, both not in the mood to actually talk to each other.

Sighing he pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off before getting out.

Sighing Queen unbuckled her seat belt and hopped out after him "Mod, I really am sorry for hitting you..." she muttered loud enough for him to hear; ignoring her, he continued to walk towards the hospital.

They both walked into Clarence's room and met the doctor they last spoke to, "he should be awake in a few minutes, in the mean time you two should wait here" he said.

Mod nodded as he sat on the couch, half of his face was covered with his hands as his arms rested on his knees.

After the doctor left the room Queen took a seat in a random chair and sighed, her eyes drifted over towards Mod quietly watching him stare at Clare, "Mod we should talk" she said breaking the silence.

He seemed to be lost in thought as he remained quiet, his eyes were glazed over and he held a deep frown on his face.

"Mod" she said a bit louder finally snapping him out of his small daze "huh?"

"Please talk to me"

"We are talking" he said smartly, rolling her eyes she blew out an aggravated breath before talking again, "look I'm sorry about what happened back at the bar, I was upset that you kept talking as if I didn't care about Clare" she frowned.

He sat up as his eyes met hers "Queen I need you to take a minute to actually listen to me, maybe if you hear it out loud you'll understand where I'm coming from; first you get my boy involved with you, get him shot, and now you protecting the nigga that shot him whom just so happens to be your crazy ass ex" he explained.

"So please don't sit here and act like I'm in the wrong for suspecting you, because at the end you didn't do shit; you know I love you but Clarence is my brother and I know he'd do the same for me in a heart beat. Where you really got me was you putting your hands on me ... I know my words probably hurt you but for you to hit me? That's what really blew me" he said as he stood up and walked over to her.

"Don't ever put your damn hands on me again. You hear me? Just because I was raised not to hit a women doesn't mean I won't call up my girl" he said. Queen stood up with furrowed brows "again I understand where you coming from but threatening me? Go ahead call her Mod, do it; I want you to do it" She said.

Beep beep beep beep

Clarence's heart monitor went off alerting the both of them that something was wrong.

"Clare?" Queen panicked as she ran over to his side immediately grabbing his hand.

"Shit! AYE DOCTOR!! Somebody!!" Mod yelled before pulling Queen back; a second later the doctor ran in along with some nurses and immediately started working on Clarence.

"Clare please don't do this to me" Queen cried as she tried to push through Mod's arms.

"Get them out of here and get Dr. Morgan NOW!" One of the nurses said.

The nurses tried to push them out but Queen was pushing them back, "I'm not leaving him!" She spat angrily.

"Clare, baby please don't leave me" she cried.

Clarence pov

I heard her; Queen she was calling out to me but I couldn't do anything.

I tried when I heard her and Mod fighting, my heart broke when Mod said she was protecting that nigga Chris, part of me wanted to give up solely because of that.

"Clare, baby please don't leave me"

My heart fluttered at her words but it wasn't enough for me, what if she was just saying that because she was afraid.

I don't think I can trust her anymore ...