four

[Louis]

I spread my arm to the other side of the bed to find him still laying next to me. My eyes flutter open to see him looking right back at me with fond. A blush covers my cheeks as I roll out of the his bed.

"Good morning, Louis." he says with his voice gravely and hoarse.

I turn around to see him smiling with his dimples on full show and his eyes crinkling af the corners a little. Jesus.

"Morning Harry." I say with a smile and he sits up, stretching his long and strong arms.

Should I apologize for forgetting to go back to my bed? Maybe. What if he wouldn't have slept well with me there with him? What if his back hurts? What if his neck pains?

"What are you thinking?" he asks nonchalantly as if he knows what I am thinking but still asks.

Deciding to finally apologize, I start.

"Look, I'm really sorry that I slept there. I just...I don't know. I just fell asleep too soon. I'm really-"

"Calm down babe. It was completely fine." he winked at me and my cheeks just got redder by the nickname.

I run off to the bathroom leaving a laughing Harry behind me.

I quickly brush my teeth till the water warms and when it's set, I strip out of my crumbled clothes and step under the warm shower. The lukewarm water cascades down my toned back and washes all the activities of yesterday. My mind drifts off to the green eyed lad who I called over to sleep in my house. I've seen him a couple of times in the hallway with his best friend Jamie and his new friend Clare.

Jamie has blonde hair and brown eyes. He's damn possessive over Harry. They meet each other near their lockers, alternatively.

The hushed-screams from outside fill my ears and I stop the shower since I
was done.

I press my ear to the door and eavesdrop because curiosity got the best of me.

"No Maria. I can't. I could have died there. Especially when I can't even truly show myself because he's not like me. I'm different and it's-"

There's a pause. How is he different? How can he not truly show himself?

Possibilities run through my mind and that's when I hear him say-

"I'll talk to you later. The other guy has his damn ear pressed to the door and he's eavesdropping. Bye."

How did he know? How can he possibly even guess that? Can he read minds? What the hell is even-

"Louis, your mum is calling for breakfast. I'm going down." he says with a knock and the footsteps fade.

I come out with the towel around my waist and stand in front of the mirror. I choose a simple navy blue polo t-shirt with light blue jeans for the day.

After wearing them and running my fingers through my hair a multiple times in order to set them properly, I go down to find him sitting in front of my mum and my sister with the two ladies laughing.

I take a seat next to him and start mingling up with them a bit.

"What's up?" I ask my sister and she shakes her head.

"Harry here is a great entertainer! Why didn't you bring him here before Louis?" my mum asks with a little smirk and I stutter.

Thankfully, Harry handles the situation.

"We weren't best of friends before. Now, can you have a person in your house who is ready to kill you with glares any second?" Harry asks in a low tone with an eyebrow raised and mum and Hannah giggle. He will be the death of me.

He turns around and gives me a wink when no one is seeing and I look away due to my cheeks on flames.

I quickly gulp down my cereal while mum claims about having her drop Hannah to her work and she freaking winked at me after giving Harry a side glance which he was oblivious to. I know just why. But I don't seem to care much either. He's been flirting for so long. Not my fault mum got the wrong picture.

I go back and sit on the couch but instead land on his lap. I swear on Jesus effing Christ I had sat on the sofa.

He places his hands on my hips and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Are you trying to take the advantage of the situation babe?" He asks with a very much prominent smirk and I gulp.

I quickly try to get off of him but his grip tightens and he pulls me right back at him.

"What? Don't like it princess?" He smiles innocently and I want to do nothing more than to either kiss the fudge out of him, or slap that smirk off his beautiful face.

I look away with an annoyed look on my face and crossed arms over my chest. I'm not annoyed at all. I secretly love that and it's completely fine that I want to keep that to myself.

"Owe. Did someone get angry? Or is someone secretly liking this?" He whispers the last part in my ear making a shiver run down my spine.

I wriggle in his grip and stutter. "I-I gotta go. L-Leave me."

His fingers dance delicately over the side of my neck and an unwanted noise slips through my lips.

I catch him off guard by getting up and running back to my room. All the way up. Of course. It's not even a minute when he's banging on the door.

"Come on Lou. I'm sorry. I was just...I don't know. I'm sorry okay? Won't happen again. I promise. I Won't even be arou-" I decide to shut him up with opening my door and pressing my thin lips to his plump ones. It was only a blink of eye when I pull away and shut the door back on his face.

This wasn't supposed to happen. This- what would he- he isn't- I'm not- fudge.

I plug in my ear plugs and it's on a volume when you can't even hear your own voice even if you shout or scream. Same thing. Blah blah.

The songs keep going on when my phone starts bursting out of notifications on Twitter and iMessages.

I open messages first to find an unknown number saying-

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have messed around with you. God I didn't know you were straight. I'm sorry. I promise. Won't happen again. I'm maintaining four feet distance with you from now. Sorry - H

Harry. How did he-

Got your number from your sister. Hannah. Nice girl. Sorry again.

How did he even know what I'm wondering right now?

Nothing makes sense! Damn! What the actual hell?!?