sixty five

[Harry]

I have a fair idea of what he is talking about but I don't want to assume already. I close the door behind me and he turns his back to me while facing the table where we made out a few minutes ago. I hear a sigh echo throughout the room and can hear his heart hammering against his chest. 

"Manchester. Next week." He says and it's my chance to sigh. 

I hug him from behind and he leans his head on my shoulder with his eyes closed. 

"Lou, it's fine, alright? Don't you dare stress yourself out." I say and he looks at me with those cerulean eyes of his. 

"Which university are you going to, Mr. Styles?" He asks and I shrug. 

"To be honest, I've completed all my studies and I just keep hanging around in schools. So, I don't really care. Plus, if you want me to come, I can because my dad, uh, he kind of owns the university of Manchester." I say and he smiles but it falters. 

He shakes his head furiously. 

"I want you to stay here and just...take care for my sisters and the twins okay? They mean everything to me and I don't want them getting hurt and I-" 

"Shh, it's fine. Calm down. I'll stay right here and give them everything they want and take care of them and oh, I'll also spoil them rotten." I wink and he chuckles. 

"God, I never wanna leave this place. It's too good-" He continues and I detach myself from him as I eye his body which has gone thinner since last month when he came to the clan mansion. His arms have become a bit skinnier, his small tummy gone and replaced by a flat stomach and his calves and thighs look a bit thinner though the thighs are still thick. 

"Louis, what's going on?" I interrupt his rant and he looks at me puzzled. I keep looking at him and he soon gets the idea. Hearing his heartbeat go rapid at this question, I take a step further than that. 

My eyes go down to his wrist and I realize how he's wearing a full sleeve shirt, his left sleeve pulled too much, covering his knuckles. I take his left wrist in my hand and examine it. Removing the bracelets, I find skin coloured bandages and some small cuts. He tries wriggling it free from my hold but I hold onto it tighter, my eyes going red at the cuts in front of me. 

I look at him straight in the eye and I feel my anger calm down when I see how close he is to tears. 'Please' he mouths to me and I leave his wrist and he cradles it to his chest. 

"Come clean Louis. I want to sort this out now so we can spend the coming week together and make the best out of it." I say in a stern voice and when I see him flinch, I sigh. 

I take a step closer to him but he steps back. "Happens every time, doesn't it? The whole days goes down so well, but in the end, it's us. We argue and just..I hate it. Let me be, okay? Let me fucking be. I wasn't really looking forward to drive to Manchester but now, I really do." He says and I think I heard a crack. Oh, it was of my heart. 

"Louis, I just want to help you, okay? I love you and I don't want to see you like this." I say in a soft voice and he looks at me in the eyes. 

"You want to know? Fine then. I'll start from the very beginning. Louis William Tomlinson. Age nine, was abused. No. Not as in rape. But as in, at those times, bad touch by his very own father. Father continues this till he became ten. Two years of the torture. His mother had to go out somewhere regarding her job which left him alone with none other than his pedophile father. He almost came to raping me if it weren't for the neighbours. Louis William Tomlinson. Age fourteen, lived in terror and hid the dirty secret of his father. His parents were soon divorced, much to his joy. It didn't last long. Because, his father took him and sold him for slavery in some other part of the world. Two years, everyone believed he was dead. When he came back though, he saw a girl of his age opening the door and then came his mom. Louis enjoyed those years with his sisters until they were taken away. 

Louis William Tomlinson. Age seventeen, was harassed because of his sexuality and was beaten up and choked and what not which lead him to choose the path of self-hate, self-destruction, self-harming, bulimia. Louis fucking Tomlinson. Age eighteen, stands right in front of you explaining his shitty life to you while his mother passed away on his eighteenth birthday and left two newborns to take care of. Happy? Satisfied? Want more? Oh, and the door is located behind you. Just so..you know...wanted to run away from a disgusting creature as myself." He says and collapses down, crying and sobbing and I immediately go and hug him.

His breathing his short and shallow and he's practically wheezing and hiccuping with so much crying and I don't say anything. I can't. I don't know what to say which will mend his broken heart so I just stay there, wrapping the boy in my arms while he cries everything out. After fifteen minutes of continuous crying and hiccuping, it starts dying down and he starts to go limp in my arms. He snuggles more into me, clawing at my shirt and whispering things which I don't hear. Soon enough, he falls asleep and after sometime, I lift him up bridal style and place him on the bed. I quickly change him and I'm glad he doesn't wake up. I change myself too and lay down next to him. He faces me, soft breaths pouring out of his mouth while his body is covered with the duvet and comfy clothes. Looking at his tear stained cheeks, my heart clenches.

I imagine  a small boy, with vibrant blue eyes caramel hair trying to fight a man twice his age and size and it hurts as if I were the one getting treated that way and not him. I regret causing him pain and god, I hate myself. I fall asleep while looking and admiring the most strongest, beautiful and fragile person peacefully sleeping. Safely sleeping.