seventy seven

[Louis]

"Harry, I think you should." I say and he groans and rubs his temples, eyes sliping shut.

"I don't know. She isn't exactly fond of me and after father's death, mother would probably make sure to show her distaste towards me.." He says and I smile.

"It's fine. We can both go there. Deal with it together. I'm sure she'd be happy to see her only son and we can introduce your soulmate too, yeah?" I say and he nods with a brightened mood. He stands close to me and after a hug, he presses a chaste kiss to my lips and nods.

"Fine. We'll go now and then I'll tell her I presented..as..a- what was it?" He asked and with a chuckle I tell him 'Panther.' He nodded and quickly changed himself.

I threw on a nice white button up and black suit pants and after setting my hair, me and Harry make our way to the car.

Daisy and Phoebe had gone to their play date while Lottie and Fizzy were out with their friends hich left the youngest twins, Clay and Luke, to be at Miranda's house with her mother as she had been going on..tinder dates. According to her, you could find your soulmate anywhere; even on Tinder.

I chuckled at the thought and Harry glanced my way with a confused smile making me simply shake my head. This whole thing had been kind of planned. His mother had called him two days ago to you know, introduce his so called soulmate and the normal questions. She had called us for dinner and today, Harry has finally agreed.

I wanted him to make the mother-son bond again because he had lost his father and..a child needs at least one parent. I've noticed the longing look on his face, the distant behavior when we spoke about parents and their parenthood. He always shrugged it off, but I joined the dots.

I remember Harry telling me how he wasn't exactly treated the way a child is supposed to be. He was born a vampire and his parents, they were more focused on their territory; more focused on everything which wasn't their child.

He told me how is mother would be behind money. Her new jewellery sets of rubies and sapphires meant more to her than her son's first step. How her makeup kits and new rings and royal clothing and branded clothing meant more to her than her son's first words. He told me how his dad and him rarely talked and if he messed up, he would screw him like he was his rival and not his son. How he would make him do all household chores if he got less grades, how they would leave him with the maids and low profile vampires to deal with, how they would tell Gemma to avoid talking and interacting with him and how they constantly told him he was a mistake and it was harsh.

The way he expressed his thoughts made my heart ache and clench and the day he came back after his father's funeral, he literally cried for an hour straight and kept repeating to me that how unfair it was that he never got a chance to tell he loved him and express his true feelings. Seeing him like that literally made me cry too. But one had to be the strong one and for the time being, it was me.

The drive comes to an halt and soon, everyone is bowing their heads down and murmuring 'respect, sir' which is directed to him while walks up with a straight spine, high chin and squared shoulders. Power and dominance radiated off him and I tried not to drool over it but I mean...who couldn't? These thoughts left my mind once I took in the looks I was given.

We walked into a huge- huge mansion which was clearly made of white marble and grey tiles on the stairs. Harry knocks at the door and steps behind. I squeeze his hand in reassurance and the door opens, revealing a girl with platinum blonde hair and facial features like Harry. She was tall, her skin was milky white and had freckles on her cheeks. She looked beautiful. She wore a dark full sleeve shirt kind of thing which came to her lower thigh and below that, some loose grey white washed pants which were ripped from the knees.

She was a witch. This was obvious to me and by all this information and they way Harry described her, she must be Gemma.

She smiles and bows down in a royal way, leg behind the other, pulling her shirt from one side. She then stood properly and smiled at him. Soon, Harry walks inside and takes her into arms and sways her. Her chuckle fills the room and a smile creeps onto my face when I see Harry grinning and Gemma reciprocating it.

"So, how do you do, sire?" She says making Harry chuckle.

He stays silent for a bit, just looking at her and then says. "God, I've missed you so much."

Gemma smirks "I can cast a spell and make you stay here forever, brother." He laughs. "Well, as much as I would like it, I can't and wouldn't." He says and looks over at me and motions me to come inside the house.

I feel so out of this place..

"Who might you be, gentleman?" Asked the witch in front of me with a mischievous smile and after managing a nervous one myself, I reply.

"Louis. Louis Tomlinson." I say and her face becomes one of realization.

"Oh, so you are my brother's one and only love. He never shuts up about you whenever we-" "That's enough Gemma. I'm sure Louis would love a tour of the Clan Mansion, now wouldn't he?" He interrupted her and gave me a pointed look and I chuckled with a nod.

"Gemma, show him around I- I have to meet mother." Harry says.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Harry?" She asked with concern and Harry nods with his lips in a tight line. He gives me a small kiss on cheek and wanders off with his vampire speed.

I just look at the spot he stood and suddenly, there's a fake evil laugh from behind me and I blush in embarrassment.

"Hm..I can feel the overwhelming love which is going to make me puke rainbows and unicorns..." She says and I turn around and look at her. She has a huge smile on her face and just comes and engulfs me into a tight and warm embrace.

"Hm..these are too good...better than Niall's bear hugs.." I mumble and she laughs and pulls away after a squeeze.

"Dare I say, I enjoyed the hug too much too." She winks and grabs me by my arm.

The next second, I'm in the living room and bruh...it was...royal. There was a huge carpet in middle, a huge set of sofas and glass coffee table with a huge chandelier hung from the roof and boy was it so breathtaking. There was dim yellow lighting over here and it looked so...majestic..

The next second, I'm on the second floor and she kept going on and on about the house and everything. She pauses for a moment and next second, I'm in a room which just has a weak bed..like the ones which creak every time you sit or do anything on it..with white sheets and white walls. No windows, no balconies, nothing. A closed room which had lights. It was like a torture room..if I say so. Empty room with just a jug of water on the small stool kind of thing and a weak bed in the middle of the room.

I saw Harry standing there, his back facing us and he seemed in deep thought. I walked a few steps further and saw a board hanging on the wall.

1 room's cleaning = 0.109 pounds
First floor cleaning = 1 pound
One day, no food = 1 pound
Two day no food = 2 pound
Clan Mansion cleaning = 20 pounds. (Only if done all by self)

The list kept going on and my heart ached for him. How could his parents be so ruthless?

I hear a shaky sigh from him and I glance at him. I see a tear slipping from his eye but he's quick to wipe it.

"Remember you told once told me how spoon fed and born with a silver spoon in mouth I was, right? Well, in reality, this is my life. Lemme tell you about this room, since it's mine and this is the only thing left to see. So..this is the room I spent half my life in. 345 years. First hundred were horrible..these lights you see? They brightened ten times than this and you know..how vampires aren't suited for any source of light. They treated me as a slave who by chance got education." He shrugged and I placed my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I didn't know this. If I could take my words back, I would without a second thought. I'm so so so sorry.." I whisper slowly and he nods with a smile still on his lips.

"It was all worth it though, 'cause in the end, I landed up with the love of my entire life. My soulmate. Louis William Tomlinson."