seventy

[Louis]

I wake up with bright light hitting me on my face and with a doctor smiling down at me. He chuckles as I start up at him in confusion.

"Right then, Mr. Tomlinson. You had a broken nose and were out for four hours." He says.

"Must be a hard punch.." I mutter to myself making the doctor look at me with a raised brow.

"Pardon?" He asks making me shaking my head.

He walks out after telling the nurse to deal with me and I hear quiet murmurs outside before Luke, Miranda and Niall with a look of horror on their faces.

"What the hell, Louis?" Niall asks and I shake my head.

"What happened?" Mia asks and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing. I just got into a unifight. Nah. That idiot said something about my family due to my beloved father and I got myself into a fight. Have to say, he gave me a pretty bad punch huh?" I ask looking at Luke and he nods slowly, coming in terms to the idea.

"Right. Where is Harry then? Shouldn't he be here?" Niall asks and Luke opens his mouth but I beat him to it.

"You know, his father's death has been getting to him lately. His mum had called him to the clan mansion for work. He must be there. I'll be fine you know? Don't contact and worry him." I say and give them my best smile. They thankfully bought it and then I was released. We drove back to my uni and that's where we parted our ways.

Me and Luke walk in silence to our room and I watch the whole scene replay in front of my eyes. Him saying the most hurtful words anyone could ever say, me calling him things and insulting his race, then him punching me, me fainting, me landing up in a hospital. So much for not charging your phone and having to live with a human guy.

I sit down on my bed and look around for my phone. Luke hands me my phone and tells me how he thought I would be needing the charge. I call Lottie and tell her to bring the twins on the video call and I somewhat calm down. They speak in gibberish and touch each others' faces and keep calling my name and my heart shatters as Clay calls for Boo but little does he know, his Boo is probably out there, finding a nice hotel to stay in or spending his night with his best friends, Alessia and Cara. I end the call after everyone started talking about Harry and I just realized how my family is so dependant on Harry. For financial support and for the homely feeling.

I throw the phone somewhere in the room and hug my knees to my chest when I see my phone screen lighting up showing a text from Harry. Luke gets up from his bed and sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder as tears slip from my eyes. "Why didn't you tell them the truth, Louis?" He asks causing me to sigh.

"It's not that easy. Well, you see, my dad is behind my life - that's a story for later - and my mother, she died of leukemia while giving birth to my twin baby brothers couple of moths ago and I'm the eldest sibling plus, we don't have any relatives. Harry, the leader of The Crescents Clan, is filthy rich and I'm not with him because he's rich. It's because I'm in love with that curly headed fucker. All my sisters were abducted by vampires and I always blamed myself for it even after my mum told me it's not my fault. Turns out, Harry had them safe and his dad was the one who did this. Harry got them all back before a couple of weeks and they are all so attached to him. Even the babies! Luke and Clay are so goddamn attached to him. They first learned his name then mine and I feel horrible for letting things go this far just for a goddamn phone. I took a promise from him that he would always protect my siblings but now I'm scared...what if he decided to give up?" I say all in a shot and he chuckles.

"Don't be mad at me LouLou, but I gave him the scrapbook-" "Have you lost your mind?" I scream shifting away from him.

"I needed him to regret what he did, alright?"

"I asked him to marry me in the end you fool!" I yell at him and his face turns the one of realization.

He shrugs. What? JUST A SHRUG!?!?

"He'll be more guilty then. Why not take a painful path for him Louis? Because I, Luke Hemmings, have a wonderful, painful, evil idea." He winks at me and I nod slowly.

~

My hands are clammy and I'm visibly shaking. I shake my head at myself.

"How did you talk me into doing this, again?" I say and he places his hand on my knee.

"Chill. It's gonna be fine. Now, you know what to do right?" He asks and I nod "Good, thing I drove. You probably would have landed in the hospital again." He chuckles and I smile at his poor joke.

"Here we are!" He screams and I nod.

"Why does this place remind of the movie we first watched? The Chain movie?" I say and he grins.

"I know right? 'Cause this is right where it was shot you shit-head." He grins wider and I laugh.

"Is that even a curse word? Shit-head?" I mock his aussie accent and he gives me a smack on my head.

"Yes, I, the greatest human alive, created it." He said and bowed down to an invisible audience.

"Hey? What about me?" I act offended and he laughs, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's be great together and rule this sick-vampire world! Cheers!" He says making both of us burst out in laughter.

"Idiot." I look at him and say.

"Shit-head." He grins and goes inside to sit in my car after wishing me a good luck.

After a few deep breaths, I make my way..to the place where we were supposed to meet.