sixty

[Harry]

I enter the mansion and hear the small kids running behind others in the yard and everyone bows their head while I walk with my back straight and chin up. I show my acknowledgment with a nod and soon, I'm guided to my father's office while Liam stands outside. He opens the door for me and walk right in to find my father sitting on his chair with papers scattered on the table with him going through them carefully. I clear my throat and my dad looks at me before standing up and extending his hand. I take it.

He greets me with a 'Harry.' and a nod while I reply with a 'Father.'

He sits on his chair and motions me to do the same. I sit down and look at him.

"Well, Harry, Liam must have told you-"

"Were you too scared to contact me yourself?" I interrupt him and lean into my chair, placing one leg over the other.

"You do not interrupt me like that again, Harry Edward Styles! Your poor attitude has no place here." He screams and I roll my eyes.

"Neither does an old and selfish man like you." I say and he fumes. He gets angry so easily it's amusing.

Des groans and stands up. He throws a file at my face and due to my amazing reflexes, I catch it and read it.

~

It takes five hours of continuous driving to get to Taura and there was silence in the car except for Austin to ask the directions. I was on my phone, double tapping the pictures Lottie reposted of Louis in Paris with some funny hashtags and captions like - #BACKATYA and stuff and it was cute.

The  car came to a halt and I mentally groan. Austin and Woods get out of the car and I follow their actions. They take their places on the either side of me and Austin knocks at the door before stepping back. After two minutes and some shuffling heard from the other side, a guy with blonde locks falling onto his eyes opens the door. He's dressed in a plain black shirt and black skinnies. He gives off a strong smell by which I could categorize him as a male alpha. He leads us inside after a brief introduction. This whole thing seemed wrong. The whole setting it up and just...it gave a bad vibe.

The guy - whose name I don't bother remembering - opens the door and I find my dad's old friend - Lerman - standing there with papers in his hand. He grins when he looks at me and comes and hugs me. I don't give it back. He has no idea what he's portraying here. Hugging a person from  the other clan who you just saw is kind of like showing your weakness and agreeing that you could never be able to stand as high as he is.

"Son." He greets me eagerly and I look at Austin suspiciously and Austin looks at Lerman trying to figure out what's up. Apparently, he's good at reading people and that's the reason I got him here. Lerman is giving off a scent mixed of a vampire and wolf.

Lerman doesn't even glance at Austin and Woods and I feel their discomfort so I introduce them, knowing the rituals of this pack. But it's weird. He always acknowledges them. I've been in meetings with Lerman. The man is very respectful.

"He's Austin and he's Woods. They mean no harm." I say and Lerman nods and sits on the chair telling me to do the same.

He just looks blankly at me and I'm quick to catch on.

"Do you wish to have a conversation alone? If so, I could tell them to wait out."

Lerman nods with a smile and Austin and Woods go out of the room. As soon as the door closes, Lerman stands up.

"Harry, son, your clan is the most powerful of the one between the ones of vampires." He say says and I raise my eyebrow at him. This isn't him. He's acting weird but I can't judge him. I've met him only twice.

"I want you to sign a contract with me wch signifies that you will protect and help my pack in the time of need. Sure, my men would be ready to die in combat without a second thought but we do have a small army." He says and I nod.

There's silence which lends me sometime to think.

"You want my clan to protect you, please list the benefits for my clan." I say and he chuckles darkly.

"You would be an heir to my territory if you were to sign this treaty, son." He says.

"No I wouldn't. It would be your son or your son-in-law who would." I say and this is weird. No pack leader would give their pack away even it was defenseless.

He chuckles again.

"Harry, I want you to mate my daughter." I shoot up from my seat.

I shake my head. "First off, a vampire and a wolf don't go together-"

"Who says it's a wolf?" He smirks at me.

And suddenly, there's a knife penetrating deep inside my abdomen making my blood trickle down. It hurts and then it clicks. It's an Adorian blade meant to kill the race of vampires.

I clench my eyes shut and slam Lerman into the other wall. He can't be a pack leader. Not possible. My thoughts are confirmed when Lerman transforms into Zayn and I groan.

"Good to see you Styles." He says and then pushes me to the other wall. I close my eyes and concentrate at giving Austin and Woods a mindset that I'm in trouble. "None of that, Mister." He thrusts the knife even deeper and twists it.

"God, I've been wanting to do this for so long. You made me dance at your fingertips forever and do you have any idea how humiliating it was? I knew something was up with your instincts that night when BloodMoon's cornered your idiotic little soulmate and you knocked them out, making yourself a hero. You my friend, are a fucking loser." He laughs.

"Get over yourself Zayn. What will you even get after killing me?" I ask and play vulnerable for Zayn. Of course I knew there was something wrong about the whole incident.

"Looks like you weren't that smart. I get your territory you idiot. I become the second in command and I get the power."

"Not possible. De-Des' still out th-there." I say and he laughs.

"Oh sweets, he's dead."