thirty nine

[Harry]

I caught him staring at me as I got out of the shower and he basically scanned me. First, I knew his emotions, it was lust. But then his eyes became hesitant and he looked away not because he was afraid of me catching him. But afraid to compare his to mine.

We really like each other and I really am not prepared to spill all the soulmate stuff right now. I still don't get why he obsesses over his small tummy which I find so hot and cute at the same time. He should honestly stop with that though.

I knock at his door and he opens with a huge grin. He's wearing this black v-neck shirt along with black skinny jeans and a plain white branded jacket. Probably Adidas. He's in love with that brand to be honest.

His hair is styled in a messy fringe and his blue eyes show extreme happiness with flecks of green at the bottom. To say he looked beautiful, would be an understatement. He looked like this ball of sunshine. I mean, I'm so fond of him already. He's just so cute.

His eyes rake over my body causing me to smirk when his eyes meet mine back. He blushes and sets his fringe properly, even if it was perfect already. I close the door and push him against it. His eyes switching between my lips and my eyes. I start learning and his eyes close and as our lips touch -

"Oi! Louis mate! Come out! Call Harry as well! Yeah yeah. Harry, whoever you are come out!" An unfamiliar voice starts and then I pick up Jamie's voice and then again the stranger.

Louis has rosy pink cheeks and stutters making me laugh at him. Poor kid. I open the door to be met by a blonde guy with blue eyes and fair complexion. I could also pick some Irish accent when he called Louis and me out. I spot Jamie in the living room while this stranger gives a once over to Louis making Louis beam with happiness.

"Oh god. It's been so long. You never even called me you bitch!" Louis curses and lunges at the Irish lad. The unknown person laughs and hugs him back just as tight.

They stay there for a while and pull back. "You came to my birthday too. I'm sorry I couldn't text. A lot is going on and plus, I wanted it to be a surprise!" The blonde exclaimed. There was silence but then they hugged each other tight again.

"I missed you so much Lou." Judging from the way he so comfortably called Louis 'Lou', I think he's a pretty close mate. Because Louis hates people who he doesn't like calling him Lou. Only close ones. And loved ones.

Louis pulls back and cups his face. "I missed you too, Neil." Louis smacks a wet kiss on the boys cheek and the boy, Neil?, Laughs. Louis is mine. Back off.

"Oi! Lewis. Don't spoil my wonderful name you bitch." Niall says making Louis laugh.

"Okay, Niall. But seriously. I never knew..you didn't even tell me you were going there. It was all so quick.." Louis says with a sad tone but Niall laughs. Niall person has a very bubbly personality.

"It's fine Lou. We still get to see each other sometimes. After all. I wouldn't want to upset my boyfriend." Louis stills and turns around. My eyes turn red at the mention of this. How can Louis not tell me? A boyfriend? Who I never even heard off? I thought Chrissy was the only one.

"Niall. Having me as your boyfriend makes you gay." Louis huffs and Niall shrugs.

"We all know I'm straight and engaged-" "wait, engaged?!?" Louis screams making my eyes just fine and the anger calm.

"Yup. Engaged to this wonderful girl called Alex. She's perfect. Reminds me of a perfect lazy Sunday. She's an amazing person. You should meet her." Niall says. And Louis grins.

"She's here?" Louis asks. Before Niall could reply, Louis runs down and me and Niall follow him in silence.

I hear soft murmurs and soon identity a female's and Louis' voice.

"My friend there, the blondie is totally whipped for you. He is an amazing-"

"Louis! You idiot!- Oh hey Alex. My friend here is a bit drunk. Just don't pay attention to him." The girl, Alex nods confused.

So once again. We three are left alone.

"Who are you?" Niall asks oh so bluntly.

"I'm Harry. Harry Styles." I extend my hand.

"Niall. Niall Horan." He shook my hand with a firm grip and I look at Louis.

He clears his throat.

"Nialler, Harry here is my boyfriend. And Harry, Niall is a childhood friend of mine who left me four years ago to go to America without a proper goodbye." He says mad Niall flicks him upside the head.

I nod and then find Jamie. He's just starting his drink with a straw and looks at me.

"I think Niall is gonna cause problems between you and Louis. I mean the guy really had the guts to kiss Niall of the cheek in front of his boyfriend. They're either very close, or they're either....something else." Jamie says and I nod.

"Yeah. I know. I can't...I don't want to rip them apart I mean..they're having fun, childhood friends..I'm sure we'd feel horrible if anyone tried to rip us apart." I say and he nods with a smile.

"I have a feeling Louis is gonna get wasted on his birthday and he's probably gonna puke his guts out later when we get home. So...I'd prefer you stayed sober. Three drinks at max." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Jamie, I'm a vampire. Drinks don't really cause that much of effect. Only caffeine does." He blushes in embarrassment and I chuckle while he stutters a small apology.

We sit in the car, me, Louis and Jamie in one whereas Niall and Alex in one.

We head towards that party and well...didn't go as I expected it to.