fifty six

[Harry]

I see Louis coming over to Starbucks and I quickly purchase a water bottle from the shop and quickly head out looking around and at that very moment, I dash him and mutter a soft apology before going and sitting on my place with Jamie. I felt bad that he isn't in my group but..well, I'm placed with Louis. At least he'll be with me so I know he's safe. Jamie shakes me a little and raises his brow and I nod, passing the coffee I got for him to him. I look at how Louis sat with Miranda and Niall, laughing and I could feel his happiness and the way he kind of tried to be sassy and did a hair flip - acted to do one - and laughed loud, made me smile at him with fond.

"Dude, you are so whipped." He elbows me and I laugh, nodding.

It should be appearing at the back of my neck by now. You see, in a vampire's body, once you have found your actual soulmate, the initial of his name will appear on the back of your neck, It'd be the colour of red - blood red - and it would soon change black due to the tissues burning once we have mated.

I saw the mark on the back of my neck today and to say I was happy, would be an understatement. I was jumping and all but I know Louis still thinks it's a show. I was actually gonna give him a surprise, a tattoo of his name on my back, upper back but..I messed up. Big time. No kidding.

Soon enough, we were called to board the plane and then we were assigned our seats. When I reached mine, I was surprised to see Louis on my seat and looking out of the window. He turns out and sees me. He quickly gets up but I stop him. "You can sit there if you like." I whisper and he nods thanking me politely before turning to the window and smiling. We booked the flight for seven hours, which was stupid since three hours thirty five minutes was also available.

I sit on Louis' seat, which was right next to mine, the one he is sitting on. He grips the armrest a little too hard and leans back too much. I place my hand on his and give it a tight squeeze and don't leave it until the plane is in air. The thing is, he doesn't protest. I really wanted to hold it all the time but didn't want to push the boundaries either, so I take it off.

He looks out and it's dark now, with all the city lights glowing and it was pretty. He has this...look of fascination on his face which makes me want to kiss him and cuddle him and hold him because god, I love him.

The city is now soon crowded with dark clouds and after sometime he gets bored. I simply take out the book I was reading, The Faults In Our Stars and start reading from where I left. I like the way he writes and yes. I read all his books. But what I'm surprised to see is, Louis glaring at my book. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask and he huffs.

"Why would you steal my book?" He asks and I sigh.

"Check your bag, please?" I say and he checks his bag. He soon pulls out the black paperback book and I smirk. Even our paperback choices are same.

He smiles sheepishly at me and starts reading. We read for two hours until a lady comes to us and asks us for food. The guy sitting with us, shakes his head, claiming he didn't pay so the lady moves onto me and I nod with a smile and she passes me the tray.

"Louis? Food?" I ask and he eyes the food before shaking his head. I frown but take the plate from the girl anyway. I'm sure Louis hasn't eaten anything after that coffee.

"Who is this for?" He asks honestly confused and I roll my eyes and give him a 'are you serious?' look.

"It's for the guy flying this plane? Want to join me?" I ask sarcastically and he turns his head to look outside the window.

I sigh and think about it. He's been immature but who is Louis without being kiddish, sassy, immature? I tap his shoulder and he looks at me. The lights on the plane go off on that particular moment and this is when I actually see the hurt and betrayal look in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this to me, Harry?" He asks in a whisper and I smile at him.

"It's because I love you." I say and he shakes his head.

"Why don't you believe me?" I ask him because the whole thing is not clear to me.

"B-because no one can love me and I-I know you're gonna hate me too. You're gonna get bored of me and after all that happened, it's hectic alright? I can lose you anytime and I can lose myself too. I don't want to put us through any of that. You'll find someone better Harry. Someone who loves you-"

"Don't you love me, Louis?" I ask, though I'm afraid of the answer. I don't want a no. It'll break me and I don't want him to feel pressurized to tell 'yes'.

"You can't imagine. That much." He says.

I take his hand in mine and stroke the back of it and bring it to my lips to kiss it. Then I place it down, but my hand over his dainty one.

"Louis, let loose for once yeah? Love is not something to over think. It happens and you should enjoy it. It can be dangerous, sure, but love is love. It has his own perks and disadvantages. I'm not forcing you but... if you ever love someone else, don't think. Let yourself enjoy the magic of it." I repeat want Maria once told me about Love.

A tear slips from his eye and I wipe it with the pad of my thumb.

"Harry, Am I really what you say I am?" He asks with hesitancy, his breathing picking up and heart hammering against his ribs.

I catch onto what he's saying and I nod with a smile. "You are my soulmate Louis." I say and he blushes, setting is fringe.

"Are you sure you're not mistaken?" He asks and I roll my eyes but smile.

"I love you and I'm a thousand percent sure. Have you ever heard about Soulmate marks?" I ask him and he nods.

"The red one or the black one?"

"The red one. I got one yesterday." I turn around so my back faces his. I pull down my shirt a little and he gasps softly.

I turn around and he has this huge smile on his face but it falters.

"Who's Cara?" He asks and I smile.

"You should meet them. Cara is a wonderful girl and has found her soulmate who she changed for. She was a vampire before and she changed to human for Alessia. I like those two you know? We're good friends and they helped a lot when I did nothing except mope around after you got angry and we had a little- huge break. I'll take you to meet them." I smile at their memory and Louis rests his head on my shoulder.

"I-I don't have to worry about you cheating the-then?" He asks and I laugh.

"No darling. I would never cheat. You're all I want." I say and I feel him smile through my shirt and he hides his face in my neck making me chuckle.

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you, my dear Louis."

A snap of fingers in front me wakes me up from my trance and I realize that the whole forgiving and I love you thing was my imagination and he was still there, huffing angrily, thinking I took his book.