ninety two

[Harry]

One word. One word which made me desperate to reach out for him, to hold him and kiss him and tell him it's fine. One question was all it took for him to cry and flee out of the room like..like he saw something paranormal.

"Louis, open the door please. Lou, sweetheart, open it please." I knock but there's no reply, no movement.

I sigh and sit down, my back against his door and suddenly, there are feet in front of my eyes and I look up to find Gemma who has a deathly look on her face.

"One happy day, Harry. One freakin happy day is all I ask." With a snap of he fingers, I'm inside Louis' room along with Gemma. But only, I'm not. I'm not in the human form..or the body thing. It's just me. Strolling around and passing my hand through things. Gemma and I still can talk luckily.

I stop Gemma outside the bathroom door and my heart clenches in sorrow as I see the scene in front of me.

Louis was curled up in the corner of the moderately sized bathroom, knees to his chest and he had a blade in his hand. He was just examining it and then it hits me, the smell of blood..I go up to him and try to take it but my hand just passes through him and I scream in frustration.

He presses the blade to his wrist and the next thing I know, I'm hearing constant apologies with sound of blood draining down. Oh god.

I go back and Gemma gets us out in a snap. I break the door open and run to the bathroom and throw the door open. Louis' head shot up and his eyes are unfocused but there was fear. I snatch the blade from him and it makes a deep gash in my hand too, while I snatched it from him.

He croaks out my name and I look at Gemma and she nods. She goes out of the room and I carry Louis up bridal style and place him delicately on the bed.

He shakes his head and pushes me away as I tried to clean his wound. "Harry please, leave it. I don't want you to do this." He cries with tears flowing down his cheeks and I look up at him while my hands bandage his wrist up.

"Louis, I'm sorry. But the question, I mean it. We love each other to no ends..at least I do..and I want to know everything. From what you dreamt last night to which song is stuck in your head to what the last thing is on your mind when you go to sleep. Every little thing you say matters to me and I don't want you to shut off from me, you know? I don't want to see you give up to that devil because I know you're stronger than that and I know you can fight it. Please Louis, talk to me. I love you and I want to be there for you. Please let me.." I complete and get up. I make my way back to my room but Louis' voice stops me.

"You want to know?" He asks and takes a shaky breath. "It tells me things Harry. Things I can't even say. Things that are horrible and things which make me believe that..that there is a possibility that everything is fake. That I'm just dreaming and that you aren't real and a figment of my imagination. He makes me fear you because he talks in your voice. He talks in your voice how you could, with your body and personality and position could have anyone but you chose a broken half breed like me. It says things which brings the past. The past only you knew and I'm scared. He makes me fear you because he flashes images of you and absolutely anyone on the street and tells me how even they are better than me. It makes sure I believe it and at some point, I gave up the fight to not believe. It's so convincing..so insistent..I don't know what to do. I don't even know what to do anymore Harry. I don't know if I'm myself anymore.."

He breaks down on his knees and sobs violently. I can't even imagine what he must be going through. I fall down onto my knees next to him and wrap my arms around him, rocking him back and forth and whispering things which I knew would comfort him.

I'm such a fool..I was being so insensitive to the whole thing. I hear someone else's breathing and look at the door frame to find Matt there with a small smile towards me with his arms crossed and then, he vanishes off into thin air and I tighten my grip around the petite boy I've come to love so much.

Flashbacks of when me and Louis first went to Clan mansion after his first 'incident' raid my mind. Of Matt taking me to that..magical...room and pushing me against the tree and threatening me, knowing his life could be in danger due to him disrespecting me but he didn't care about that. He cared about how Louis was in danger..

Months back Louis thought the whole scene between me and him was due to Matt and Matt was as good as (now) best friend and he stopped talking to him even when he desperately needed someone to open up to and talk to because of me. He excluded himself from his friends - like he tries to avoid them as much as possible - because of me.

He was mentally torturing himself just for me and I was just my blind oblivious self while he was suffering..I don't even know now.

I hear a his heart beat calming down and I look down at him to find him sleeping, his grip loosening from the fabric of my shirt, his face- tear stained and wet, lips bitten raw.

I carry him up, bridal style and place him on the bed and cover him with the duvet and he immediately curls himself into a small ball and no. Him being this small wasn't in an adorable manner. It was in a scary way.

I push back his hair from his forehead and kiss it. "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry."