eight.

[Louis]

"Louis. I want you downstairs in five minutes." My mum says as I was tip toe-ing my way back up to my room after Miranda had dropped me.

I nod and slump while walking back upstairs.

I get rid of my shirt and skinnies and quickly put on a loose shirt and a comfortable PJ and go down. I sit myself on the dining table and clasp my hands together. Sweat already gathering on my forehead when my mum and Hannah come and sit in front of me. They look strict and stern. Shit.

"Louis...Miranda had called." Hannah says and I groan in agony.

Why? Just- just effing why?

"Yeah. Louis, it's good that your going to a party and all with friends but..please try and be careful. She told Hannah that you were cornered by three from vampires with Harry and some other guy in the room. For goodness' sake. What if Harry wasn't there to somehow save you?" My mum sighs and asks me with tears pooling by her eyes.

"Oh, mum." I sigh and walk to her and hug her tightly. She pulls away and wipes her cheeks.

I should tell her. She needs to know.

"Mum, Harry is one too. The most powerful clan's leader. He- that's how he saved me. Just told them who he is and they ran away. He probably just wanted to use me. He probably never even wanted to be my friend. Just me and my blood." I sob into my hands and Hannah is by my side in no time.

"Sweetheart, every vampire doesn't use. There are good ones out there too-"

"How do you know Hannah? How would you?" I question her.

Mum looks down at her hands and starts fiddling with her fingers while Hannah sighs.

"Because I'm one too Louis. I was never your sister. I'm adopted." She sighs again causing me to jump out of my chair and go away from her.

"Mum!" I raise my voice and her head goes down in shame. She knew? How could she?!?

I start crying even louder.

"W-which cl-an?" I ask her. Every vampire has to be in a clan. It's necessary around this town. If you aren't in a clan, they would hang you to death due to some laws which were made.

"Crescent."

[Harry]

I sense something wrong. A weird feeling in my stomach which causes it to twist and churn while I sitting at the table with my family eating dinner. This dinner was one of the best in my life. Maria sat with us, we joked around, throwing sassy remarks, having cocky banters..if I knew this was the result of me showing who I am, I would have done it earlier.

I drop my fork and everyone looks at me. I can sense their nervousness. Their heartbeats increase and I sigh.

"Mum, dad, I think I won't be having anything for dinner. Oh. Nothing related to you guys so calm down yeah?" I say and get up.

"I'm going out. Don't worry if I'm not back before 12. I'll be out with some friends. Sorry." I grab my coat, car keys, and wear my boots.