sixty six

[Louis]

I wake up with a gasp and all I know is, I was having a bad dream. When I try recalling them, it's just blank. I extend my hand to the other side for it to be cold and- empty. Everything comes crashing down to me. I feel sick and feel like puking. I had no intentions to tell him everything but his scrutinizing gaze and his actions made me take the decision I took. He had a right to leave anyway. Who would want to be with such a complicated person as myself? Soulmate or not. I touch the mark on the back of my neck and wince at the pain shooting through it.

I swing my legs and plant my feet to the ground. With a sigh, I get up and head downstairs to feed the twins. Surprisingly they didn't cry at night of hunger so they must be starving right now. I mentally slap myself and quickly heat some milk in the microwave once I reach the kitchen. I take the two bottles out after 20 seconds and after testing it on my wrist, I take the bottles to their nursery.

After entering, a smile creeps it's way on my lips when I find Harry playing with them and talking to them like they understand every word he's saying. He mocks crying and Clay reaches his hand out to wipe his cheek and says 'Boo'. Harry and I freeze. He said a word. I quickly make a mental note to write it down in a diary or on a post-it note on the fridge.

"Louis, did you hear that?" Harry asks me and I nod with tears in my eyes, god. I never thought I would feel so connected to babies if they weren't mine. I wonder what Jay would do if she saw this. Faint? Cry? Laugh? Scream? Probably all.

I blink back the water in my eyes and sit on the small bed and take Luke in my arms since Harry had Clay. I look at the baby in my hands and he looks back at me with huge eyes and a curious face. "Let's see if you can say something, alright?" He blubbers and giggles at me.

"Say Lou. Lou." I stretch the vowels the second time and he tries.

"Lu." He says and I laugh and shake him a bit making him smile.

"Lou." I repeat slowly and he repeats it perfectly.

"Lou." He repeats and I hug him. Aw. His small arms wrap around my neck and he pays with my hair.

I look at Harry and he grins at me. "I wonder when they'll learn their 'r's so I can teach them my name." He says and I chuckle.

I quickly change the diapers after feeding and burping the babies and take Clay down as I teach my name to him but he just frowns saying 'Boo' again and again. I figure he wants Harry and I dash into him and find both him, and Luke having a frown on their faces.

"Boo." Clay extends his arms and giggles while Luke extends his arms to me and giggles with a "Lou." I nod in confusion and exchange the small kids.

We head downstairs and Daisy and Phoebe attach themselves on my legs and I find Miranda smirking and Niall frowning as they look at me. Miranda extends her hand in front of Niall's face and Niall huffs before handing her some money. Me and Harry exchange a confused look before looking at the scene in front of us.

"Oh, Lou! The babies! They're so cute! Can I carry Clay?" Daisy and asks but extends her hands for Luke.

I look at her in confusion and she frowns. "Baby, you know this is Luke right?" I ask and her lips form an 'o' for realization.

She doesn't say anything but I hand her the baby and she grins. She rubs his nose with hers making both of them giggle. Looking at Phoebe, I find Clay in her arms and his Hazel eyes darting on her long hair and curiously wrapping her hair around his little finger. Phoebe bops his nose with her finger making the baby laugh and he does the same with Phoebe. We all four laugh at the kids before settling down in the kitchen leaving the boys with the female twins.

Miranda holds an intense gaze at me and I raise my brow. "What happened? Oh, and how was Paris? France in general?" I ask with a smile but it turns into a frown when Niall and Miranda stay silent.

"Louis, what are are you doing here?" The way she said 'here' didn't actually sounded like she was curious about my location at the moment. But more like my presence with the curly headed lad.

"I had to come back from Paris. There were certain problems.." I trail and Niall looks at me with a 'are you serious?' way and I sigh.

"What do you want to hear then? I'm eighteen years old and I think I can take my decisions. Don't ya think? Baby sitting isn't exactly caring and you guys baby sit me." I snap and they lean into their chairs and sigh.

After some moments of silence, Miranda opens her mouth. "We are actually happy that you are here with Harry." She says and me and Harry exchange worried and confused look.

"Mia-"

"Your dad's men had come looking for you there. They went to yours and Harry's room to find two girls lounging around-"

"Cara and Alessia!" I mouth to myself before tugging at my hair due to frustration.

"They're at my house though. I thought we shouldn't leave them alone even if your boyfriend had cheated on you with her or them actually."

My hands clenched into fists and Harry places his hand over mine under the table and gives it a tight squeeze and just strokes it making me calm down a bit.

"Whatever. Why are the girls here? Weren't they on a long vacation with Lottie, Fizzy and their lousy boyfriends?" I ask and they laugh.

"Yeah. Apparently, Lottie and Fizzy need some 'personal time'-"

"Oh hell no. Not with those idiots.." I say and shake my head in horror.

"Louis, they aren't that bad you know?" Niall says and I give him the same look he gave me before.

"Anyways, they needed their space so me and Niall picked them up from their cabin.." Miranda says and I look at her with wide eyes.

"Cabin? Like a cabin cabin?" I ask and she nods "Oh, how very romantic." I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"They're fine. They claim they have found they're soulmates-"

"Vampires. Have the marks appeared yet?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Ha! I don't know. I'm not sure. I trust vampires but with my earlier experience, I'm scared-" A phone ring interrupts me and I check the ID. Lottie.

"Hey, sweets." I greet her but I'm met with crying

"Lou, please pick me up, I'm scared-" The line and after a scream, the line goes dead.

I immediately shot up and curse under my breath. "Damn those fucking vampires. Lottie called, she was crying and screaming. I need to go get her."

"I'll come with." Harry gets up was well and I nod.

"You guys, stay here. Take care of the kids. Thanks."