Fifty four

[Louis]

Me, Miranda and Niall walk towards the building while Miranda and Niall talk about the new songs they've heard and the upcoming France trip. I really wanted to go. Even the doctor said yes but I can't let Miranda's adoptive mother take care of Luke and Clay because I know she might get a bit annoyed even if she says it's perfectly fine.

I've got Luke and Clay back at my house and Lottie, Fizzy and the elder twins too and I trust the girls to take good care of them. I still can't get over the whole...thing and a week ago, I would be crying, thinking of that and blaming myself but now, I feel like throwing everything and just...anger.

Yeah, that's why I've got my anger management classes, 2 days online and 1 day of actual meeting because I don't want to hurt anyone..I love all of them and me hurting them just because I'm hurting seems cruel and very unlikely of me.

We enter the building and I start walking to my locker and while opening, a note falls down and I bend down to pick it up. I open it to find 'I'm sorry.' written on it with a neat handwriting. I look around and then I find Christopher standing at the far end. Our eyes meet and he gives me an apologetic smile before one of his friends drag him away.

I nod to myself before pocketing the short note and walk to my class alone as Miranda and Niall got too busy to notice my absence.

~

"Good afternoon students, I'll be grouping you for the trip to France. Please come front and make separate groups please and there will be two people sharing a family or a hotel, which depends on you and these pairs will be grouped by their last names." I groan and rest my head on my arms over the desk and Jesus. Last names? What's wrong with this lady.

I sit properly when I hear my name come closer for groups, not the hotel thing.

"...Miranda Hemsworth, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Edward Swift, Harry Styles, Meggie Atlantica." She says and my eyes widen. I look around the room and while doing that, my eyes land up on the forest green eyes I have come to love. His face mimicked mine. Both of us scared.

Miranda and Niall nudge me and after muttering a few curse words, I lean back in my chair and watch this teacher ruin the students' lives while grouping them with someone they didn't want to be with. I was happy with my group. Mia, Niall, Meggie seems like a nice girl and Ed is good too. Just...Harry was the problem.

The list of pairings start and I don't pay much attention because I'm so sure I'd be placed with Lewis Underwood that I forgot, I had 'S' before my second initial.

"Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles." And that's where I grab my bag and after muttering an apology to the teacher, I walk out and drive myself out of this place. I regret coming under Niall's and Miranda's influence and giving my name to the Art teacher and I just....ugh. Harry Styles. Are you serious? The whole school knows we're not on good terms and you go and group me with him? What type of...do you even use your brain? The top floor god has given you? Did you know you should use that to be smart and not foolish? Jesus!

[Harry]

After getting some disgusted looks by Louis' best friends, I drive myself to this grocery store to buy myself some food and drinks. I park my car and a little bit far from the parking area, I find a Mercedes parked and a small figure sitting on the roof of the car and I don't know, I have a feeling like I know that person. Maybe it's Alessia, because the figure seems to be drinking so a random guess.

I park my car and walk over to that car because my vampire instincts can never be wrong.

"Louis?" I call out in surprise because of his vanilla - mixed with alcohol smell - and he turns around to look at me for second before putting the beer bottle to his mouth and turning front.

I walk over to be in front of him and a gasp falls from my mouth when I see the number of bottles on the roof next to him. A vodka bottle, big one, empty and four beer bottles, empty. I pull Louis down and he leans his weight on me but at the same time, pushes me away from him.

"Go away 'Arry." He says in his drunken voice and hiccups. I can only imagine what would happen to him tomorrow morning. I mean, how much more could his small body take?

I shake my head and wrap my arm around his waist and get his arm over my shoulder and get him inside the car on the passenger seat.

"How crude 'Arry. How fucking crude! You cheated on me for her? A girl? I thought you were gay..." He hiccups in the middle and I sigh. I want to sort this mess but I can't when he's drunk off his ass.

"Maybe it was another lie. Just like you told how much you love me. You even went to the soulmate shit huh? That desperate? I'm sure this chick got your sexual frustration out of you. Tell me 'Arry." He says and I groan and ask what while driving back to his house.

"Was it a good fuck? Was it worth it to put my entire-" He hiccups "-life at stake? It must be." He says and chuckles.

"Louis, you don't know what-" The sound of my phone ringing stops my talking and he quickly snatches it. Mouthing 'Cara.' He smirks weakly and puts it on speaker.

"Harry? You were supposed to be home now. Where on earth are you? We still have some work pending if you remember. I completed mine this morning and now it's your chance. Better do it well." She says and I cringe at how wrong it sounds.

"Cara, I'll be home in an hour. I've just got to do something." Louis looks at me and a look of hurt flashes on his face before he looks away, at the window.

"You better be." She says,

"How much did you finish? How much of the wall is left to paint?" I ask making Louis look at me with a blank expression.

"I did two sides, two are left. You need to paint them a colour of-"

"That's enough." I chuckle nervously and Cara laughs.

"Yeah bye. I'm putting Thor: Ragnarok. Might wanna be home soon." Alessia screams from behind making me chuckle. After Louis ends the call, the drive is silent. Just us breathing.

We reach his house and I found Miranda and Niall outside arguing with Liam and Hannah. I quickly get out of the car and get to the other side to get Louis up. He tries getting out and I help him a little, taking the previous position.

We walk over to the front door and Miranda and Niall come running to us but Hannah gets here the quickest. I get Louis' weight on Hannah and she winces a bit and my eyes fall over to her arm. Fractured. I quickly take Louis from her making her groan and huff. I give Louis to Niall and just as I'm about to go, someone weakly grabs my wrist and I turn around for Louis looking at me. While everyone was looking to the front door, Louis' back was towards the front door, he mouths an 'I love you.' and I mouth it back and it's impossible to wipe the smile off my face.