eighty nine

[Matt]

Louis layed limp on the small bed, lifelessly as we ended his kinda sorta exorcism and Gemma went running for Harry. Thoughts raced in my mind, but one thing stood out. To help the leader's mate. To help Louis. I make my way over to the bed and put sprinkle a few droplet of normal drinking water. He stirs and whimpers as he turns.

Winces and hisses escapes his mouth as he tried opening his eyes. His red puffy eyes which were almost grey. His eyes suddenly snap open and he starts crying immediately making me sit next to him and wrap my arms around him. He curled into my chest and clutched the fabric of my shirt tight in his hands and he cried and cried, making my shirt soak in his tears.

He mumbled and cried 'Harry' again and again and I whisper in his ear that I'm Matt not Harry. Hearing that, he springs away from my touch and looks at me with hatred and anger.

"Get away from me! Don't touch! Don't-Don't come near me! I'll..I'll..I'll kill you!" He screams and the room, though previously silent, falls silent again.

"Louis, luv-"

"Stop calling me that! This is all your fault! Harry's mad at me because of you! Because- Because- please.." His voice breaks and my heart clenches in sadness at the vulnerability his voice holds. "Please get away. Please leave me before the matters get worse. I beg you Matt. This is all I ask of you." He cries silently and I nod, looking down.

"D-do you want Harry or Gemma to take you back to your room?" I ask and I see him nod..but then shake his head.

"I don't want to trouble them. I'll just change, take a shower and go back." He sighs and I nod.

I turn around and start walking but he calls me name making me halt in my steps. "Matt, I'm sorry if I was harsh. This isn't your fault just, please don't believe anything negative I say. I say a lot of wrong things and I'm sorry for everything I previously told you." He whispers and I nod. I put on a convincing smile and turn around.

"Sure, Louis. Don't worry. See you at dinner?" I ask faking hope and he shakes his head with an apologetic face.

"I'm not hungry..I don't think I'll be having anything." He smiles and I shake my head.

"Louis, you and the baby, both need to stay healthy and prepared for what the beast plans okay? Don't listen to what it says and keep healthy. The baby and you need food." I smile and he nods.

"I promise, I'll try."

[Harry]

I sprint out of my room and run down to where Louis is. I almost throw the door open but I stop dead in my tracks when I see what's happening inside from a thin creak of the door. Louis sits there, curled up in Matt, while he has his strong, comforting arms wrapped around him. He comforts the poor boy and then suddenly, Louis pushes him away and I heart his heart beat quicken. His breathing picking up.

"Get away from me! Don't touch! Don't-Don't come near me! I'll..I'll..I'll kill you!" He screams at Matt, my brows furrowed in confusion. Two seconds ago, he was cuddling the man for comfort and now he was pushing him away.

"Louis, luv-" Matt starts but is interrupted by Louis.

"Stop calling me that! This is all your fault! Harry's mad at me because of you! Because- Because- please.."  He..He thinks I'm mad..this must be about the whole Matt thing. When I got angry at him..I wasn't..I wasn't avoiding him is the thing. I pretty much thought the opposite, if you ask me. I was thinking about what Matt told me and the thinking took a lot of time and I tried to busy myself with the clan work as much as possible to distract myself.

The way his voice breaks in the end makes me almost cry at how sad and soft it is. Soft in not a good way. "Please get away. Please leave me before the matters get worse. I beg you Matt. This is all I ask of you." He cries silently and I nod, looking down.

I shake my head and go outside and sit in the living room but dash Maria on the way.

"Maria. You..You shouldn't be here. It isn't safe for you." I whisper, not wanting to disturb the silent demeanor of the house.

Maria tucks my hair behind and smiles at me. "Harry, darling, this isn't safe for you too. I can't let anything happen to the three of you and those witches. I can't live with myself knowing I could have done or tried for you.." She says and I nod, making my way into my room, the plan on going outside, long forgotten as I take that scrapbook from the book shelf and fall back onto my bed.

The special scrapbook which Louis created. In which Louis asked to marry me. In which Louis has stored most of our memories together. Where 'Harry and Louis' is written and pasted in big letters with the shiny foam sheet.

There's a subtle knock on the door and I quickly hide the book under the pillow before using my vampire speed and getting up. It was Louis. He was changed into new clothes and his hair was set in a messy way like he tugged at it too much. His heart rate increased so much when I came near him..it was..painful.

"Yeah?" I ask him and he looks up at me.

"Gemma and M-Matt were calling you down for dinner." He said in a small voice and when we go out, he starts walking back to his room. I hold him by wrist and pull him.

"What about you, Lou?" I ask, as softly as possible.

"I was gonna have it my room." He admits quietly.

"Come on, We were planning to have a movie night.." I try to convince him.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm just not in a mood to..I'm sorry." He apologizes and runs back to his room making me sigh.

I go down and just make myself a coffee and after finishing it, I go back to his room but not before making his favorite coffee too. Or like Gemma huffing and making it for me but nevermind.

I knock at his door and he opens and I'm met with the wonderful sight which is Louis. I hear voices in the back and he blushes in embarrassment.

"Louis! You bitch! Come back here! I still need to finish." Niall's voice rings in the background and I chuckle.

Louis rolls his eyes at the blonde and opens the door wider. He goes and sits on the study table in front of his laptop and chuckles at the conversation.

"Lou? I got you coffee." I say and he turns around and gives me the brightest smile he's given ever since he came from office..that day..

"Thank you. Do you want to join?" His voice was light with happiness and I grab a chair and sit next to him.

As soon as I'm visible, Niall rolls his eyes. "Here comes the lover boy." Louis' eyes widen and I chuckle. This boy never seems to amaze me with his choice of words.

Miranda comes into view and smacks his head and Niall pouts.

"Hey, Harry." She greets me with a smile and I give a her a curt nod.

"So, Mia. How's your university?" Louis asks and wow. I'm happy they both made up because I kinda missed the silly antics they did together.

"Don't even ask. Niall here, came into my university because he got three strikes in his and we're grouped up together in every class and I'm responsible to show him around and make him feel welcomed and Jesus. This leprechaun causes a lot of trouble." She says, sighing and all three of us laugh.

"Great!" Louis says and then turns to looks at me.

He leans in, and asks "Do you mind if I have them over tomorrow night for a..dunno..reunion?" In my ear and sits.

I smile at his hopeful eyes. "Sure, baby. Whatever you want." I say and he absolutely beams at that.

And just like that, there are playful banters, playful hits, mild flirting and it's all good.