fifty seven

[Louis]

"Check your bag please?" He asks and I turn around and find my book right there, stuffed between Magnus Chase and Wuthering Heights. I sigh at myself and take out my book and start reading.

I hear Harry let out a chuckle and from the corner of my eye, I see Ed showing him something and I internally groan. Why do guys have to constantly throw and try to impress Harry? Like seriously back off. He's mi- forget it.

~

"This is it, Niall and Mia..We're in the city of fashion and lights." I say dreamily and Miranda nods while Niall looks at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Lou, you're missing something." He says and I shrug.

Miranda looks at me in utter disbelief and rolls her eyes. "It's called the city of love as well, you douche." She says, rolling her eyes making and Niall chuckle.

We stand in silence, just enjoying each other's company because it's 9:30 am in Paris and today the whole day, we'll be resting and the touring will start from tomorrow. I'll have to stay with Harry. Ugh. Miranda and Niall, as if hearing my thoughts, look at me sympathetically.

"It's fine. Call me if something bad happens yeah?" Miranda says and I nod. Niall looks at me in a sly manner and it takes me sometime to catch on and when do, I swear I want to kill him. I start chasing him and he starts running. "You idiot!" I scream and I hear him laugh before I run into someone's stiff torso and I look up to find a stranger smirking down at me.

Since we were near the wall, he pins me down and speaks something in french with a sly smirk and applies more pressure on my wrists and I groan in pain. I start protesting but he just keeps inching closer and closer. I yell out but no one hears me.

He starts speaking in french again and this time, I understand.

"Qu'est-ce qu'un beau garçon comme toi fait ici tout seul, hein?" He asks and I'm disgusted by this sentence. Like gross. I try kicking him but he just doesn't go.

Tears fill my eyes when his hand starts going lower and lower at my back. My skin crawls and I feel disgusting.

"Arrête s'il-te-plaît." I say, meaning stop. I can't take it anymore and start screaming the first name which comes on my tongue.

He covers my mouth and looks down at me with threatening eyes.

"Arrêter de crier salope!" He whispers in my ear and I start crying by now.

I close my eyes, letting the tears fall while he keeps inching lower and lower. One last scream and I give up.

Suddenly, the touch vanishes and I sense comfort and safety. I hear groaning and cursing in french and now, there is an arm around my waist and a hand intertwined with mine. I don't want to open my eyes due to terror and also, because I don't want to face the man who just saved my life.

He whispers soft nothings into my ear and takes my phone from my back pocket. I slowly open my eyes and find ourselves away from the abandoned area of the airport and at the front where there are families waiting for us and huge cars parked. I hear him talk to someone and he frustratedly rubs the bridge of his nose while doing so.

"Miranda, he's supposed to be staying with me so I'm taking him there. I'll text you the address, now bye." He ends the call and before he looks at me, I hang my head low between my shoulders.

"Better now?" He asks in his deep, soothing voice and I subconsciously lean towards him and he smiles and wraps a protective arm around me.

I look around for our names, Louis and Harry or Tomlinson and Styles but nothing. But in the far corner, there is this man, holding up a banner of our names. He's dressed in a posh black suit and behind him stands a wonderful black mercedes benz and bruh...if that isn't the coolest thing, I don't know what is. I'm practically drooling over the car so much, I don't even notice when me and Harry reach the car and the man started loading things into the car. I open the door and scoot to the edge of the seat, away from Harry while he sits comfortably and sighs after glancing at me for a mere second.

The driver starts driving this expensive beauty and boy, do I feel like- wait. Aren't we going to a family?

"Harry, I thought we were supposed to be sharing with families-"

"Or hotels which depends on us. Do you honestly think I'll let you live with some unknown people who might do something wrong with you? Considering you are one of the most rarest one?" He asks me, looking outside the window and a light blush covers my cheeks and I see him smile. I quickly take my eyes off of the most beautiful man I've laid my eyes on and look outside my window.

Paris was lovely. Lovely-er than anything they show in movies or portray in books. There were these small shops, cafe and bakeries and grocery store at each cut or intersection and it had this homey feeling which just..I love it here. After driving for an hour, we enter this..rich area which has huge mansions, luxurious hotels, fancy bars and expensive restaurants and I wonder how much Harry had to pay for this.

I take a quick glance at him. He was wearing a dark blue T-shirt with black skinny jeans and had a pair of sunglasses and a grey hoodie of our school in his arms. He has a backpack too. The one which Jay never let me buy. She always told me how it wouldn't suit me but I always knew it was because of the price. Harry even had this cross necklace he always wears and while I let my eyes roam on the silver chain, I find a reddish mark on the back of his neck which read LT. It wasn't exactly clear but you could make out due to the arteries coming up in those letters.

I've read about some certain marks on a vampire's neck. The main one was their soulmate's. The person's initials. It wasn't common, no. Only the ones who actually found their true love and were willing to give them their everything be it a leader, a council or a pack vampire would only have these marks. The ones who were selfless and didn't have a hint of selfishness or the thought of superiority would only have these.

I turn my head to the window and my insides churn because of how much I blamed Harry. He honestly loves me and all I did was be a brat to him or break him again and again. But I couldn't  make him believe that we could be together because - allow me to quote John Green on this one - I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties. I could never know when I lose against the other part of myself I'm fighting. I never know when I lose and die that's the only reason I don't try to make new friends. Of course. Only my mum knows this. The secret died with her and I don't want to be the one to tell anybody and ruin it for them. Specially Harry. I am his soulmate and he is mine but I can't help but push him away because I'm scared of becoming too attached to him, that I would have my reasons to fear death. Because my biggest fear is fearing death itself. I want to be those who die with a smile. With bravery and not struggling, fearing it.