Chapter 3

Maddie's P.O.V.
Our food comes a little later and once we finish eating Sophia left with her boyfriend. "Hey, you want to get ice cream or something after this?" Sebastian asks. "Yah sure!" I reply back to him. "Cool," He says and we both chuckle. The waitress comes and drops off the bill for us to pay. I go to grab it but Sebastian takes it away from me quickly. "I got it," he says. "Sebastian, it's honestly fine, I got it" "No, I'm paying because I'm  a gentlemen and that's what gentlemen do" I laugh at him. "Thanks Sebastian," I say and give him a hug. He hugs back and gives the money to the waitress. "Thank you, the food was delicious," I say to the waitress.
We leave and head to get ice cream. I started to shiver because it was freezing outside. "Here's my jacket, you look cold," Sebastian says. "Thanks Seb," I say and smile at him. He wraps his jacket and arms around me. For some reason this felt right. WAIT, WHAT AM I THINKING. We're best friends and nothing more. "Maddie" "Huh, sorry what did you say?"  "Were here," He says and laughs at me. "What were you thinking about," he says as we walk inside the ice cream parlor. "Um- nothing" "Maddie, you can tell me anything, you know that right?" "Yah, but it was really nothing. Stop worrying about me and order your ice cream," I say and nervously laugh. He orders than I order, and we sit down inside at a table. "Are you gonna tell me what was on the note?" He asks me. "Um yah, but not right now, I just want to enjoy this moment with no stress, okay?" "Well if it's stressing you out, than I can fix it, but you have to tell me," He says. "Sebastian, later, okay?" "Okay"
After we finish our ice cream we head out and Sebastian walks me back home. I start a mini conversation till we get to my house.
Once we get to the house, he walks me up to the front door and we say our goodbyes and he leaves. I go up to my room and think.
I can't like Sebastian! He's my best friend. Dating my best friend would be weird. I can't! Why am I even thinking about this. Ugh, I can't get the boy out of my head.
I go to take a shower and I still continue to think about Sebastian and I. I love him, but only as a friend. Nothing more. But it feels so right. I need to stop having feelings for him, he doesn't like a girl like me, Sophia is way more prettier than me, I NEED TO STOP! But I still have four more days till we fake break up at school. This week is gonna be so long.
I get ready for bed and try to sleep, but all I could think about it him. This boy is driving me insane. What is he doing to me?! I've known him for 15 years, and all of a sudden I have feelings for him now. I need to tell him to 'break up' with me earlier. I can't have feelings for him, as much as I enjoy this- I can't. I fall asleep after that thought.
Morning
I wake up to get ready for school. I take a shower do my hair and get dressed. (Outfit down below. Also if you haven't sent The Fault in our Stars, that's what the shirt is from, and I love that movie)

 Also if you haven't sent The Fault in our Stars, that's what the shirt is from, and I love that movie)

I decide to just put my hair in a messy bun and wear blue high top converse. Since I finished getting ready early, I went to go eat breakfast and pack a lunch. I eat some vanilla yogurt with strawberries for breakfast, and pack a sandwich for my lunch.
A little bit later, Sebastian and Oliver get to my house and we leave. I kept thinking about how to tell Sebastian that I can't do this fake dating for a week and what the reason will be. I definitely can't tell him that I like him. If he doesn't like me, we probably won't be friends anymore, and I still want to be friends with him. What if I tell Oliver? No, I can't do that, he will probably tell Sebastian. "Maddie" I'm so nervous, what am I going to tell him?! "MADDIE?!" "Huh?" "Maddie we're at the school now," Sebastian says. "Oh, okay. I'm gonna go hang with Sarah." "Wait, come hang with me, yah?" "Um, yah, sure" We walk around the school. I can't do this anymore. My feelings for him are growing stronger, and I can't have feelings for him. "Maddie? Tell me what's on your mind, you've been thinking so much lately," Sebastian says. "I uh, can't" "Why not. We tell each other everything" It seemed like he was getting a little upset. He's acting so stubborn. "Maddie, were best friends, why can't you tell me anything anymore? It seems like your keeping everything from me now." "Sebastian, stop pushing it. If your my real friend you wouldn't be so stubborn and let me tell you when I think it's right" He was kinda pissing me off now. "But why can't you tell me, is it going to hurt me?" The note, the note is going to hurt you. I just look down. He brings my chin up with one finger. "Is it something that I did?" "No, it's um, nothing" "Maddie" "Fine, it's the note" "What about it" "Um, I'll just give you the note" I take it out of my backpack. I kept it in there because I was planning on giving it to Sebastian at the end of the day, but now that it's only the beginning of the day, he's not going to have the best day today. I gave it to Sebastian and start walking away. I know that I should've stayed there with him, but I don't want to see him hurt, so I'm just going to tell Oli to handle it. I am such a horrible friend, but I can't act the same around him. "Maddie?!" Sebastian calls my name. "Why didn't you tell me this before?" "I didn't want to see you hurt" He embraces me in a hug. I hug back. "Maddie, I want to keep trying" I knew he loved her, and that's why he wants to keep trying. "Sebasti-" "Maddie please. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think I might love her" I wanted to start crying. "Oh" my voice cracks. "Maddie are you okay?" "Yah, why wouldn't I be?" "Because your crying" I didn't even realize that I was crying. "Um, I think I'm going to go home for the day" "Maddie why" "Because I uh- don't feel good" "Let me go with you then" "Sebastian, you need to stay here" "Mad-" "Sebastian, please, I just want to be alone" I look down. "Okay, if that's what you want, but call me later okay?" "Okay" With that I run out of the gates before they closed, and went back home.

I hope you like this chapter. I'll try to post the next one as soon as I can!💕 LOVE YA'LL❤️