Chapter 5

Maddie's P.O.V
WHY THE HECK DID I JUST SAY THAT?! "Um, I need to think right now. Im gonna go on a run" Sebastian says and leaves. WE WERE FINE, THEN I HAD TO SCREW IT UP! Ugh, I hate myself so much! "Honey, your dad and I are heading to the store, we'll be back soon!" My mom says. "Okay mom!"
————————
*RING RING RING*
My phone goes off and I pick it up. "Hello, is this Maddie Rose?" (The last name is gonna be Rose because that's the first thing that came I my mind😂) "Yes, who is this?" "This is the UC Davis Hospital. Your mom and dad got into a car crash" My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach. This day couldn't get any worse. I just wanted to sob. "Um, okay. *cry* Is there anything that I can do?" "Do you know anybody that can take you to the hospital?" Oliver and Sebastian's mom. "Yes, I'll try to be there as quick as possible" I said and hung up. I instantly started sobbing. I dial Sebastian's number. It rung but he didn't pick up. I called Oliver. It rung. "Hello?" "Oli-" I start crying even more. "Maddie what's wrong?!" "My- my- parents got-got in a car a-acci-ident" "Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. Do you want my mom to drive you to the hospital?" "Yes please" *sob* "What hospital?" "UC Davis" "Okay, well be there two" "Thank you so much" "No problem" he said and hung up. I can't believe this happened. Where am I supposed to go if they don't make it?! I'm gonna be all alone, and probably go to a foster home or something. This days has gone so bad. I sob to myself. *KNOCK KNOCK* I hear people knock on the door. Hopefully it's Oliver and his mom, and maybe Sebastian. I open the door to see Oliver standing there holding his arms out. I walk out the door and he embraces me in a hug. I cry into his chest. "Are you ready?" He says and looks down at me. "Yes" I say and cry. Once we get into the car, I tried my best to stop crying. I don't want to show up to the hospital crying, because I need to be strong for them. I need to show them that I know they are gonna make it, because I believe they are, all I have to do is stay positive, but it was hard because Sebastian was in the car too. I wasn't siting next to him though. I sat on the outside, Mateo was in the middle (I just realized that I haven't even mentioned Mateo at all in this story☹️ till now) and Sebastian was in the other side of Mateo. Oliver sat in the passengers seat. I wish I was able to talk to Sebastian, I hated the tension between us right now. I wanted to hug him. I wish it wasn't so awkward, but I screwed it up, so it's my fault. I look out the window at the stars.
Once we get there I didn't run, but I fast walked to the desk in the front. "Hi, I'm Maddie Rose, and my parents got in a car accident, can I see them right now, what room are they in?" "Honey, calm down. They are in room C36 and C37" "Okay, thank you so much" "I go to the elevator and everybody else followed me. Once we reach the C floor, I started to look for there rooms. 31...32...33...34...35...36 and 37. I enter into room 36 first. I see a doctor in there with my mom. "Hello. Are you Maddie Rose?" "That's me. How is she?" "She is not the best. She is actually in a coma" My eyes started to get watery. "And um, so is your dad" My heart was crushed. I feel to the floor and started sobbing. I tried to be strong, but I couldn't. Suddenly the door opens and I see Sebastian, his mom, Oliver, and Mateo. "Mateo can you sit out there for a second," their mom said and pointed at the seats. "Yep," He said while popping the p at the end. Once he left she asked the doctor what was wrong. The doctor told her and all of them looked heart broken. Oliver picked me up and put me on a chair. "Everything is going to be alright, all we have to do is stay positive and the good things will come" "Thank you so much, I needed to hear that" I say and hug him tight. Oliver got up and Sebastian sat down in his spot. "Maddie," He said and grabbed my hand. "Everybody goes through bad times in there life, but trust me, everything always turns out amazing. We just have to wait for that to come, and it will, I promise you" I look down, and he takes his index finger and brings it under my chin and lifts my head up. "I promise," he says. I can't do this, I'm going to try to get over him. I can't deal with this problem right now. "I'm gonna go see my dad" I say. I get up and go to his room. I see him, he looks pale and lifeless, but I know he will come back to me. "I miss you dad. I'm trying to stay strong for you and mom, but I can't, no matter how hard I try. I need you guys. I can't imagine what I would do without you guys right now. I miss you guys so much" I hear the door open and see Sebastian. I stand up and he walks towards me. I back up, but he still walks towards me. I continue to back up till I hit a wall. We were inches away from each other. "Sebastian what are you doing?" "I just need to see something" "Sebastian please" He places his finger over my lip. "Don't talk and let me figure something out please" I'm trying to get over him, HES MAKING THIS SO MUCH HARDER. He moves his head forward and eventually his lips meet mine. We kiss for about 5 seconds till I pull away. "Did you figure it out yet?" "Maybe. I need to think" With that he left the room.

I'll go through this later because it's really late and I want to sleep😂