Chapter 4

Maddie's P.O.V
As soon as I got home, I made sure nobody was here, which they shouldn't be because my mom and dad don't come home till after I get back from school, and they leave right after I leave for school. "Mom! Dad!" No response. I go to the kitchen and open the freezer. I look around for it and finally spot it. "Found ya" I say to myself and take the bucket of ice cream to my room.
"Why do I have to like him?" I say and cry. "Why does this have to be so hard?" I take a scoop of ice cream and stick it in my mouth. I get my phone and go on Instagram, of course to see a picture of Sebastian, Oliver, and I when we were younger. Oliver posted it. I sob to myself even more. I examine the picture more and see me standing next to Seb, and he has his arm around me. We both had big grins. "Ugh, I hate my life" I turn off my phone and grab the remote for my tv that's in my room. I turn on some Netflix and watch The Vampire Diaries. "Why can't I be in a relationship like that?" I cry and eat more ice cream. Slowly my eyes start to close and sleep fell upon me.
-
I wake up and look at my phone. It's already 3 pm. I would've gotten out of school like 30 minutes ago. I look at my notifications and see that Sebastian texted me.
Sebastian🐒: Hey, are you okay?
Sebastian🐒: Is it okay if I come over to your house?
Sebastian🐒: Maddie?
I decide to text back.
Maddie: I'm fine Sebastian
Sebastian🐒: Maddie, you scared me for a second
Sebastian🐒: Can I come over?
Maddie: Um, I guess
Sebastian🐒: Cool be over in 5
Maddie: K
WHY DID I SAY HE COULD COME OVER?! That's just gonna make it worse. I should just tell him to come over later. JEEZ, GOOD GOING MADDIE.
I started to text him to come over later, but right as I was about to press send, I heard I knock on the door. I go open the door to see.... SEBASTIAN. Great.
"Hey Maddie" "Hey Sebastian. Do you wanna go up to my room or something?" "Sure" he replies back. We go to my room. "Can you Wait out here for one second?" I say. "Yah, sure" "Thanks" I quickly open up my door, and grab the ice cream bucket and spoon. I put it in my garbage and hid the garbage in my closet, so he doesn't assume that I was eating ice cream, crying in my room, and being miserable, like I was. I close my closet door and open my door so Sebastian could come in. "You can come in now" "Okay" he replies back and laughs a little. I sit on the edge of my bed, and Sebastian sits next to me. There was an awkward silence. "Why did you leave school?" Sebastian says breaking the awkward silence. "Um, I wasn't feeling good" "Maddie, I've been your best friend for forever now, I can tell when your lying" "Sebastian, I'm not lying." "Mad-" "SEBASTIAN, I SAID IM NOT LYING! STOP BEING SO FREAKIN STUBBORN. I WANT TO KEEP SOME THINGS TO MYSELF AND NOT HAVE YOU TRYING TO KNOW! STOP BEING SO NOSEY!" I yell and push him. He looks at me with a surprised face. I usually never yell at him unless we're messing around or playing, but I never hit or push him.. "Sebastian, I didn't mean t-" "I think I should get going now," he says. "Wait Sebast-" He ignored me and left my room. I then hear the door slam and I start balling. "Sebastian" I scream and sob, knowing that nobody is in the house. I am so messed up. I am so messed up. What if this ruins our friendship? I can't believe I did this! Why?!!!!!!!
I sob for a good two hours. I hear the front door open. "Sebastian?" "It's me honey" my mom says to me. "Oh" She comes to my room. "Are you okay honey, it looks like you've been crying. What happened with Sebastian and you?" "Mom I-" I couldn't continue to talk, I just start to sob and mom sits down next to me and embraces me into a hug as I cry into her shoulder. "Honey it's okay. Shhh, shhh" "Mom, I messed up" "Baby, everything is going to be okay" I start to fall asleep, so my mom lays me down on my bed.
I sleep for about an hour, till my mom yells that dinner is served. I go into the kitchen and see my mom and dad. I guess my dad got here when I was sleeping. "How is my princess?" My dad asks me. I laugh at him because he called me princess. My mom probably told him that I was crying. "I'm better" "that's good" "Let's eat, shall we?" My mom says. "We shall" my dad says.
After dinner I head to my room. I decide to call Sebastian. I close my door, and grab my phone. I dial his number, and the phone starts to ring. "Hello?" I hear him say.
"Hey Sebastian"
"Hey Maddie, what's up?"
"Can you meet me at the ice cream parlor?"
"Sure"
"Cool, see you in a bit"
I hang up
I smile a tiny smile. I go into the kitchen to see both of my parents in there. "Can I go hang out with Sebastian?" "Don't you think it's kinda la-" my dad starts, but my mom cuts him off. "yes honey" "Thanks, see ya later" "Okay, love you" "Love ya too," I scream as I'm at the front door, making sure hey can hear.
I walk over to the Ice Cream Parlor. When I finally get there, I see Sebastian already standing there. "Hey" I say to him. "Hey," He says back. I then grab his hand and bring him to a table. We sit down and I start, "Sebastian I am so sorry for yelling and pushing you. I'm a messed up friend for doing that, and I promise it will never happen again, please for-" "I forgive you" I smile. He embraces me in a hug. We release, him still leaving an arm around me. "And I'm sorry for being so stubborn. I'm actually kinda glad that you told me because I didn't realize it till you yelled at me" He says and laughs. "I forgive you" I say and smile at him. He smiles back. There was an awkward silence. "So, um, how are you? Ya know, um, after the letter" "I'm fine" he says and looks down. "Sebastian, I've been your friend for forever now, I can tell when your lying" I say mocking him from earlier.
Sebastian's P.O.V
"Maddie, I'm fine, I promise" "Okay, if ya say so" she says. She knows I'm not okay, but it's good that she's not making me talk about it. I would probably start crying, and that's embarrassing considering everybody thinks I'm strong and can keep myself together. Maddie's seen me cry, but there is other people here, some people I recognize from our school. "Do you wanna head back to my house?" She says. "Sure"
Maddie's P.O.V
We start walking back to my house. I feel relieved that Sebastian and I are okay now.
Once we get back home, we go to my room. "Maddie?" "Yah Sebastian" "Is there something that is bothering you?" "I'm fine"
Sebastian's P.O.V
She sits down in her bed. I do the same. "Maddie?" She stays quiet. I look at her, and she looks up at me. I break eye contact so it wouldn't be awkward. "Sebastian I like you" "What?!"

Oh man, did I leave you on a cliff hanger? Yes I did😂 Love y'all😂💖