Chapter 9

Don't play song till I say
Maddie's P.O.V
I was on the floor sobbing when Sebastian picked me up bridal style and started running to the hospital. I didn't want to believe it. I love him so much, that I just couldn't believe it. I just wish all of this bad stuff would stop.
—At The Hospital—
I didn't even want to enter. Sebastian took my hand and held it as we walked into the hospital. I walk to my dads room and open it, he wasn't there. I just wanted to cry my eyes out. Sebastian hugged me and I put my head to his chest as I cried. "Sebastian remember when you promised me that everything was going to get better after all the bad stuff happens?" I say as lift my head up. "Yah, I remember" "When is all of the bad stuff gonna be done, because I can't take it anymore. I feel like everything is just gonna go downhill forever. I can't do this anymore" "Maddie, I don't break promises, you are the strongest person I know. Everything is going to get better, and you are going to get through it, and I will be here with you" "but when Sebastian" "I don't know, but it will eventually get better" "Sebastian, what if my mom doesn't make it, what if I have to go to a foster home, what if I won't be able to see you anymore. Sebastian, I'm so scared" I cry into his shoulder again. "Sebastian, I don't want to loose you. I don't want to loose you, Oliver, Mateo, Alex, your mom, your whole family, and Sarah" "Maddie, don't think about that. Think about what will happen when your mom wakes up. You guys will be happy, you will be successful in school, in your life, and you won't loose any of us" "Sebastian but what if she doesn-" "Maddie, she will wake up" "How do you know" "I don't know, but I have hope" "Sebastian, I just want to go home" "Are you gonna see your mom first?" "No, I can't, I don't feel like crying anymore today" "Okay, let's go"
When we get home we go straight to my bed. We both lay there in silence looking at the ceiling. "Sebastian can you st-" "Yep" I laugh at him because he already knew I was gonna ask if he could stay. "Okay, thank you" "Maddie?" "Yes Sebastian" "I love you" I look towards him and he looks towards me. I peck his lips with mine. "I love you too Sebastian" We smile at each other.
"Do you wanna watch Netflix?" I ask.
"Yah, sure. What are we gonna watch?"
"I don't know, you pick"
"I don't know"
"Let's binge watch a new show, yeah?"
"Sure"
I turn on my TV and scroll through Netflix looking for a show. I see The Walking Dead.
"The Walking Dead?"
"Sure why not. Maddie, are you going to school tomorrow?"
"I don't think so, I most likely won't make it through the day without crying"
"Okay, you mind if I stay with you, ya know, just to make sure your okay"
"Sebastian you don't have to"
"I know, but I want to"
"Okay, but you have to ask your mom"
"Okay" He quickly takes his phone out of his pocket and dials his moms number. I decide to go get dressed into some pajamas. I go to my dresser and grab some sweats and a tank top that's cropped. I go into my bathroom and change. Well I'm changing I hear Sebastian saying "please mom" and I start laughing. Once I was done getting ready I went back out to my bedroom. I then realize Sebastian doesn't have any pajamas. So, I go into my laundry room and grab some of my P.E, shorts that were to big on me. I brought them upstairs and by the time I got up there he was off the phone.
"I brought you some shorts for pajamas"
"Thanks. So, you only brought me a shorts and not a shirt, I didn't know you wanted to see my shirtless that bad" He said laughing.
"Um, I'm okay. I was just hoping you were smart enough to know that you could just wear the same shirt that your wearing now"
"Ouch. It's called a joke Mads"
"I know, and that's why I said your not smart, it's just a joke"
"Awww you think I'm smart?"
"I guess you are"
"You must not be smart if you only guess that I'm smart because I'm very intelligent, and you should know that"
"Well, I was just guessing because you always came to class late because you were to busy making out with Sophia, you missed half the lesson in each class" He looked kinda pissed at me. "Sebastian, I'm just joking"
"Is that what everyone thought of me at school? A kid who's always late to class because he's making out with his girlfriend *cough cough* now ex *cough cough*"
"Well I didn't because you're my best friend and I know you aren't just making out with your girlfriend *cough cough* now ex *cough cough* all the time, because I know your better than that. I'm not sure what everybody else thought"
"Okay. I'm gonna go get dressed now"
"Okay"
I feel kinda bad for Sebastian. I didn't mean to make him upset. I shouldn't have said that. I feel horrible right now. I totally regret saying it. Once he was done, he came out of the bathroom and laid on my bed.
"Sebastian"
"Yeah?"
"I didn't mean to make you upset earlier. I shouldn't have said that"
"It's fine Maddie"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, now let's watch Netflix, okay?"
"Okay"
My TV automatically turned off so I turned it back on and put in the walking dead. I then lashed back in my spot and so did Sebastian. He then went closer to me, and we started cuddling. We used to do this as kids, but we aren't kids anymore, and now instead of just being friends, we might be more, maybe.
"Sebastian what are we?"
"I don't know. Well, Maddie, do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?"
"Oh my god, yes!"
"Well than I guess were boyfriend and girlfriend now, a couple"
"Awwww, I love you Sebby Webby Sexy Debby"
"What did you just call me?"
"Sebby Webby Sexy Debby"
"Okay, don't call me that anymore or I will break up with you"
"Fine, fine" I said than we both laughed.
So, I guess we're a couple now. Sebastian is my first boyfriend, I hope I'm good at being a girlfriend because I have been single all my life, so ya girl has no experience.
We lay on my bed cuddling for a while till we both slowly fall asleep.
My phone starts ringing. I pick it up and get off my bed.
"Hello, is this Maddie Rose" I hate these calls because I know it's the hospital.
"Yes it is"
"Um, I'm very sorry, but your mother passed away today"
I fall to the ground and start sobbing. My mom and dad are both gone. What am I supposed to do.
"Hello, Maddie are you still here?"
"Um, ye-es" * I say as I sob.
"You will be picked up in a few minutes to be picked up by people who will be taking you to a foster home. You need to pack and maybe say your goodbyes to your close friends because this foster home is in California"
I start to sob even more. I look at Sebastian who is still sleeping in my bed, which I don't know how he is sleeping through all of my crying.
"Are there any near here?"
"I'm sorry hunny, but the one that you have to go to is in California"
"Um, okay" I hang up and start crying. I try to be quiet so I don't wake Sebastian. I know I should tell him, but I don't want him to worry. I start packing all of my stuff and go downstairs. I hear somebody knock on the door. I also see Sebastian coming downstairs.
"Maddie what the hell is going on?"
"My mom passed and I have to go to a foster home... in California"
"CALIFORNIA?!"
"Yes"
I open the door revealing two men in black suits. They start to pick up my suit cases, but Sebastian doesn't let them.
"NO, PLEASE DON'T GO" I start walking outside, then I realized that there is no way that I'm about to leave Sebastian.
"Let them, I have an idea" I lip him, hoping he can read my lips. He nods. They start to pick up my suit cases and as they pass me, I try to run back inside the house, but one of them grabs me. I start sobbing.
"LET ME GO" I say while sobbing. Sebastian grabs my hand and starts pulling my hand.
"PLEASE LET HER STAY" Sebastian says.
"No, she has to go" one of them men says.
I start gripping Sebastian's hand harder, but they pull me away from Sebastian.
"NO! SEBASTIAN!!!"
"MADDIE"
"I LOVE YOU SEBASTIAN! Remember that"
"I LOVE YOU TOO!" Sebastian said back, but right as he finished I was in the car and they slammed the door in my face.
"Maddie?"
"WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT?!"
"MADDIE?!"
"Huh? Wait Sebastian, how are you here?!"
"You let me spend the night"
"What happened?"
"You started crying in your sleep"
It was just a dream, thank god.
"What happened Maddie?"
"Sebastian, it was so scary" I say as a few tears fell out of my eyes.
I tell him about the dream.
"Damn, I'm sorry Maddie"
"It's fine, I'm just glad it was all just a dream"
"Me too"
"What time is it Seb?"
"4:30 am"
"Kk, um, I think I'm gonna go on a run. Just to clear my mind"
"Okay, do you want me to come"
"It's okay, it's not that I don't want to spend time with you, I mean, I love you *little laugh*, I just need a little alone time, but you can stay here if you want"
"Okay, thanks"
I get up and get out an exercising outfit, I don't know why, but these outfits give me motivation to exercise. I know it's weird but it's true. (Outfit below)

I get dressed, put my hair in a ponytail, and then go into the kitchen to fill up a water bottle

I get dressed, put my hair in a ponytail, and then go into the kitchen to fill up a water bottle. I grab a water bottle and fill it up. After that, I grab my earbuds and my phone. "I'm gonna go now. Are you stay here?" "Yep, I'll watch TV or something" "Okay, good, I want to be able to see you when I get back" I say and smile at him, he smiles back. I turned to leave my room but then he said, "Wait come here" I went over to him. "What is-" He cuts me off with a kiss. "You can go now" He says and smiles at me. "Your adorable" I say and we laugh. I then left the house to go on my run.
I go outside and feel the cold breeze on me. I put my earbuds on and play my playlist for exercising. I start jogging slowly around my neighborhood. I knew exactly where I wanted to go.
I jogged a little more till I got to the place I wanted to go, the lake, not any lake, but the one that Sebastian took me too. I walk towards the water and then splash some on my face. After that, I went to the rock that we sat on. I sat on it and got my phone out to put a song on. I play Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer (Play Song)
When the chorus started all of my thoughts flooded in my head. I wish I could forget all of the bad things going on. I wish that my mom and dad didn't get in a car crash, that caused so much. I start sobbing. That night caused so much. My dad is dead because of that car accident, and my mom is in a coma. As much as I try to stay positive and strong, I can't. Everybody is telling me it's going to be alright, if it's not. They told me my dad was going to be okay, but he isn't now. What if the same thing happens with my mom. What if my dream comes true. What if I have to leave all the people I love and go to a Foster home. I can't even stay with any other family because I don't have any. My dad and moms parents all passed away, and they were both an only child, so I don't have any aunts or uncles. If my mom wakes up, it's only going to be her and I. My mom is going to be a single mom who has to take care of her daughter. She has to pay for food, house bills, and more. I don't know how I'm supposed to help, but I want to. I'm so stressed right now, why can't I forget all of this. Why can't my parents be okay, why can't Sebastian and I be a happy couple without having to worry so much about everything. I want to forget all of this, I want to be happy, but this rollercoaster is only going down. I keep crying until I feel two arms wrap around me. "Do you want to go home?" It was Sebastian. "How did you know I was gonna be here?" "I just knew" I laughed a little bit it turned into me crying.
"Sebastian, I hate crying, but I do it so much" "Maddie, it's okay to cry"
"but when I try to be strong, all I do is cry" "and that's okay Maddie"
"Sebastian, I honestly don't know what I'd do without you right now. You've helped me so much through the past few days, your always trying to make me happy when I'm sad, and I can't thank you enough. I love you so much"
"I love you too Mads"
After that we went home and we went back to sleep while Sebastian cuddled me all night. I love this boy so much.

I hope you like this lonnnnggg chapter, 2,370 words. Also, you probably already guessed it, I didn't go though it, so hopefully you understand what I mean if there is mistakes. I'll try to update soon. Okay, goodbye now😂✌️💖