Chapter 31

Maddie's P.O.V
I was walking home from Starbucks. I check my phone and it's 4:50 pm. Dang, Mark and I were there for a long time. I laughed to myself. I checked my messages as I was walking.
Mom- Are you going to be home soon?
Maddie- Yep, I'm walking home rn
Mom- Rn?
Maddie- It means right now mom🤦‍♀️
Mom- Oh okay, I'll see you in a bit, Love u❤️
Maddie- kk, luv ya too

When I was done, I looked up. When I did, I saw a park. It looked familiar, so I went over to it. Im not sure if it is, but I think this was a park Sebastian and I went to a lot when we were younger.
When I got to the park, I sat down on a swing. I started swinging back and fourth a little bit keeping my feet on the ground. I went on my phone again and just scrolled through Instagram. The park gave me good vibes. I started swinging more making me go higher. I kept swinging till I got really cold. I mean the air is one thing, it the wind blowing against me just makes it worse. I got off the swing. I was about to walk back home, but I saw Caden by himself sitting on a bench. I walked over to him. He looked up at me with sadness all over his face. I sat next to him.
"Are you okay?" I asked him.
He didn't say anything, he just looked down. I heard him sniff. I looked at his face to see tears. I lifted his face up with my hands and hugged him. He cried into my shoulder.
"Sh-she's gone" he said.
"Who's gone?" I asked.
"My sister" he said and started crying even more.
"What happened?" I asked concerned.
"She-she" he tried to speak but he couldn't.
"It's fine, just breathe" I said.
I took his hands in mine.
"Breathe with me" I said.
I inhaled and he did too, then exhaled.
We started breathing in unison.
"My sister died... from cancer. She was only 7" he said.
"Oh- oh my goodness" I said and hugged him.
"I'm so sorry" I said.
"Don't be, it's not your fault, and Maddie, I'm so sorry for everything, all the crap I put you through. The asshole I was-" he said, but I stopped him from continuing.
"Stop, it's fine" I told him.
"No it's not" Caden said.
"Caden, it's fine, stop telling me your sorry. Your already in a bad state of mind, I don't want you to be-" I started but Caden cut me off with a kiss on the lips. I pulled back.
"Um- I'm sorry uh-"
"Maddie?" I looked around and saw Sebastian standing by the swings with no expression on his face.
"Sebastian, it's not what it looks like"
"Really Maddie, because it looks like you just kissed Caden"
"Sebastian please-"
"It's fine Maddie, we're not even together" he said and started running away.
"Maddie I'm sorry" Caden said.
"I-it's Fine. I'm just gonna go home. I'm so so so sorry about your sister. I'll see you later" I said and left.
Sebastian P.O.V
(Before)
I was walking home from the store because my mom wanted me to buy rice. It got really cold so I kinda walked fast quickly, but I slowed down when I saw the park that Maddie and I used to hang out at on the other side of the street. I started to walk it, but stopped when I saw Maddie and Caden kissing.
Maddie's P.O.V
I cant believe Caden kissed me, IN FRONT OF SEBASTIAN. Well I mean he didn't know Sebastian was there, BUT WHY DID HE KISS ME. I was gonna walk home but I decided it would be better to walk to Sebs house to explain to him what happened.
Sebastian's P.O.V
I was in my bed laying down, thinking about what just happened.
I thought she loved me.
Even though she "needed to take a break" I thought she still had feelings for me.
I heard somebody knock on the door, but I didn't want to get up so I didn't.
"Sebastian get the door!" My mom screamed. Ugh.
I went to the front door and saw Maddie standing there.
"What are you doing here Maddie, shouldn't you be with Caden," I said.
"Sebastian shut up and listen to me," she said and we went on the porch. I could tell she was pissed off about what I said.
"Fine" I said.
"When I was walking home from Starbucks, I saw the park, the one we used to hang out at, so I went to it. I then saw Caden on the bench with his head down. He was by himself. So I walked over to him and asked what was wrong, and you wanna know what happened, HIS SISTER DIED FROM CANCER, AND SHES OLNY SEVEN!" She said yelling that last part.
"Maddie I-"
"Sebastian the last thing he needed is to feel bad because your pissed off at me!" She said.
I'm such a bad person.
"And by the way Sebastian, I didn't kiss back. I hope your happy about that" she said and left.
I felt like crying. I slammed the front door and ran to my room, slamming my room door as well. I just pissed off my best friend, and I don't know when she's gonna forgive me.

Sorry for not posting in so long, but at least I'm posting now lol. I hope you guys like this chapter!❤️ I'll try to update soon!