Chapter 40

Maddie's P.O.V
Midnight
I was laying in my bed when my phone starts ringing. It was late at night and Sebastian already went home.
"Hello" I say into the phone.
"Maddie, h-he's coming" the other person said. I was to tired to even know who's voice it is.
"What do you mean he's coming?" I ask.
"It's Caden, Maddie!" He said and my eyes widened.
"Oh my gosh, did you tell your mom?!"
"N-no, well yes, but sh-she didn't believe me" he said while whispering.
"Where's your mom at?!"
"She's downstairs in the living room"
"Go down there Caden! Please be careful though"
"Okay"
"Keep me on the phone so I know your okay"
"Okay"
I heard a muffled noise which I assumed was Caden putting his phone in his pocket. I heard his steps going to the stairs. Then they stopped. I started getting worried. I couldn't tell if it was because he saw his dad or if it was because he got to the end of the stairs.
"Caden," I said.
There was no answer
"Caden," I said a little louder.
Still no reply.
I then heard a loud noise in the phone. I couldn't tell what it was, but I was getting really scared.
"CADEN!" I now yelled.
"Caden, your phone is on the ground" I heard a females voice says. It was probably him mom. That noise must've been Caden's phone falling on the ground.
I didn't here a response.
"Caden! Your phone is down here!" She said again so there probably was no response.
"Okay, I'm leaving your phone on the kitchen counter!" She finally said but before she put it down, I yelled through the phone.
"Caden's mom!" I yelled.
"Uhh hello," She said confused.
"What Caden told you wasn't a lie. Why do you think he has bruises all the time and why he comes home so late. He dreads being here because he's scared of his father. Now can you please help him!" I said, my eyes starting too tearing up.
"Honey, what do you mean, Caden didn't tell me anything. What is going on?!" She said getting worried.
Caden didn't tell his mom!
"Your husband is abusing Caden!"
"What?!" She said. I could tell she was getting worried, who wouldn't be.
I then heard a muffled voice say, "What are you doing?" It was a dark deep male voice.
"Um nothing, where is Caden" she responded.
"He's in his room, we were just talking about something."
It's Caden's dad.
"Oh okay, I uh have his phone, I'll go give it to him" she said.
"I'll do it" his had said.
"No it's okay" she said.
"I said I'll do it" he said in an angry voice.
I could hear him take the phone from her.
I then heard his steps going up the stairs. Then they stopped and I heard a door open.
"Here's your phone little shit," I heard him say.
Then there was a loud noise, like he threw the phone at the wall. Then I heard the door slam.
"Caden?" I said, seeing if he was still there.
"Maddie" He started.
"I'm gonna run away, I'm gonna leave, I can't live with that monster anymore." He continued.
I was shocked by his words.
"Caden don't, your mom knows about it now that I'VE told her, she'll do something about it. Please don't leave, your one of my best friends and I don't know what I'd do it without you." I said.
"Maddie I'll talk to you later," he said.
"Okay but please don't-" he cut me off by hanging up.
"Please don't leave" I said to myself.

Guys it's been like three months since I updated, but here this... IM OUT OF SCHOOL NOW WHICH MEANS IM GONNA HAVE TO UPDATE. It still might be tough since I have softball, but I time throughout the day to do it ,except on the weekends, so yahhhhh. Anyways, this chapter is crap. Hopefully I'll update soon and hopefully it's better than this chapter💀😂✌🏻