Home sweet Home

Aizawa was out with Hitoshi and Kayama, getting stuff for dinner.

"Yamada not coming?" Kayama asked.

"Yama-Oji-san says he's busy." Hitoshi said, with a frowned. "He's been very busy."

"With what?" Kayama looked at Aizawa.

"Beats me." He shrugged.

"Aren't you worried?" Kayama said.

"Yamada can look after himself." Aizawa replied.

"Well, why not pay him back for all the times he just shown up at yours and just show up at his?" Kayama suggested with a grin.

"Can we dad, can we?" Hitoshi asked, beaming. Aizawa thought about it. There shouldn't be any harm in just showing up. He nodded.

"Let's go then." He smiled

~~~~~~

Yamada carried Izuku into his nursery, the kid was already spoilt, it was the least Yamada could do. Surround him in the fluffiest things to make sure he would never feel as he did again. He put Izuku down in his crib, surround by many soft toys. Izuku was fast asleep, Yamada smiled at the child, since coming to live with him, Izuku had barely cried. He wasn't sure why, he wasn't sure why Izuku had chosen him, but he was fine with it. He grabbed a small step ladder to add some more glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and walls. Izuku loved lights, he would look up smiling at them. Once he was done, he put the ladder away before, checking on Izuku, who was still asleep. He yawned and sat down in a chair, a quick nap wouldn't hurt anyone...

~~~~~~

Aizawa opened the door to Yamada's house, Kayama and Hitoshi entered, everyone was anxious, wondering if Yamada was okay. As Aizawa closed the door, a sound caused them all to freeze.

Izuku, suddenly swarmed with the nervous emotions, had awoke and began to brawl. Yamada was awake within seconds, he rushed from the nursery, to face whoever was there. He stared at them with a look of surprise. He sighed.

"A little warning would have been nice..." Yamada mumbled.

"You never warn me." Aizawa told him.

"My circumstances are different..." Yamada said, he left them for a moment. He picked up Izuku, holding him close until he calmed down. Aizawa, Kayama and Hitoshi looked into the room.

"Since when did you have a kid?" Kayama asked

"You didn't kidnap him, did you?" Aizawa frowned.

"No, this is Yamada Izuku, and he's my son, as of today. I am the only one his quirk currently accepts. So, pleased don't worry. It just upsets him." Yamada introduced him, before taking a seat in the living room, his friends and Hitoshi followed.

"He has his quirk?" Hitoshi crawled next to Yamada and looked at Izuku, who was awake and clinging to Yamada.

"Empathy, born with it. Every emotion of every person he feels. His mother couldn't cope, and he was just passed around. I was the first person who he reached for, apparently." Yamada looked at the child, now calmed in his arms. "I couldn't leave the little listener, could I?"

"A child this young..." Aizawa began.

"I think it will be fine. It's clear the kid is fond of Yamada." Kayama smiled. Hitoshi was staring at the boy with wide eyes. Izuku seemed to stare back with lazy green eyes.

"He has your eyes Yama-oji-san!" Hitoshi smiled, to everyone's surprise, Izuku made a gurgling sound, as almost as if he was laughing. Yamada looked at the boy in his arms, he had a wonky smile, he could feel his grip soften on his shirt.

"Hitoshi-kun, try speaking to him. See if he response again." Yamada said. Hitoshi nodded.

"Hi Izuku-chan! I'm Hitoshi, I'm your big cousin!" Hitoshi told him proudly, Izuku made the sound again, patting one hand up and down towards Hitoshi, one hand still holding Yamada.

"First time he's responded to someone else... Hey, Shouta, let's see how he responds to a grump like you!" Yamada grinned.

"I don't think that is a good idea..." Aizawa said, but his words ignored as Yamada handed Izuku to Aizawa. He held the child out at arm's length, black eyes met green. They fell into a silent staring contest, Hizashi was grinning like an idiot whilst Hitoshi was giggling at the sight. Izuku stared at Aizawa with a blank look, Aizawa looked back with worry that he may hurt the tiny child.

"Amazing, he's already mastered your deadpan look!" Kayama beamed. "Me next me next." She took Izuku from Aizawa, placing the boy on her lap. "Hey little Izukun, aren't you the cutest little thing." She gushed quietly. Izuku looked at her, curiosity blossoming in his eyes. Izuku patted his hand on her arm slightly, he then yawned and leaned forwards. Curling up upon Kayama, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

"Well, he figured out what your quirk does." Yamada smiled. "It's a relief to find more people Izukun can cope with."

"But, when he grows older..." Aizawa looked over at his friend.

"I know, he may not be able to cope with crowds or people at all. Negative feelings are things he should be kept away from... for now, we try step by step. He is fine in places if he's with me. So, we can start with taking him to school with us." Aizawa stared at him in shock, Kayama grinned.

"You're going to bring Izukun to Yuuei with you?" She gasped happily. "Brilliant, I will bring in some toys for him!"

"How are you going to teach with a baby with you?" Aizawa asked

"The same way you are able to remain a grump in front of Izukun." Yamada told him, Aizawa sighed.

"Can I still play with Izukun?" Hitoshi asked

"When he's a little bigger." Yamada nodded, Hitoshi giggled happily and clapped his hands.

"I'll draw him a colourful picture tomorrow!" Hitoshi said looking pleased with himself.