Having a break

With a 13 day break ahead of him and Izu, Yamada called his parents to explain why he was coming down. They were quite happy that they would be visiting and began to get the room ready. Yamada packed up the essential items as Izu was asleep in his pushchair, he had not slept for the first day after the Villain appearance, which worried Yamada, but he was glad that Izu was sleeping okay now.

"Yamada." Nemuri called as she entered.

"In here." He called from the nursery, they made their way in, Nemuri smiled at sleeping Izu.

"You finally got him off to sleep than?" She asked, Yamada nodded.

"About an hour ago." He said, "Hopefully he'll sleep until we arrive at my parents, but I doubt it."

"He'll be fine. We're all going to miss the little guy." Midnight smiled at sleeping Izu.

"I'll get pictures, I plan on taking him for his park debut whilst we're there." Yamada told her.

"Aw, he can make some friends of his own." Midnight gushed, Yamada smiled. He hoped Izu would be able to make some friends that understood his empathy.

~~~~~~~

The journey was pretty quiet, Izu had woke up but clung to Yamada tightly. Yamada tried to calm him by running his hand through his curls. He felt Izu's grip lessen when they reached the town, Yamada smiled as Izu glanced around.

"Yamada? Yamada Hizashi?" A voice asked, Yamada stopped and turned to see a woman, she smiled brightly, a young boy in her own arms. Yamada recognised her...

"Fukasawa Kyoumi?" Yamada smiled. "Long time no see!"

"I know, oh... well, I am Kusumoto Kyoumi now." She smiled. "I had heard people had see you with a kid, he's so cute." She waved at Izu, who patted his hand towards her weakly. "Who's the lucky women?"

"It's not like that." Yamada said. "I adopted Izu, I seemed to be the only one willing to take him one with his quirk."

"He was born with a quirk. Just like you! He even looks like you a little, you had natural waves in your hair when you were younger too." Kusumoto smiled, Yamada blushed slightly.

"Yeah, true." He nodded, smiling at Izu, who now had his eyes on Kusumoto's son, who was also looking back.

"This is my son, Yoshiyuki." Kusumoto introduced him.

"This is Izuku, but everyone just calls him Izu." Yamada smiled

"Pap Liser!" Izu said, causing Yamada to chuckle

"Or Papa's listener, h's always quite fond of being called that." Yamada added, Kusumoto gushed.

"That is so cute!" Kusumoto smiled. "How long are you staying this time? We could set up a play date for the boys!"

"13 days, that sounds like a great idea. But somewhere there won't be negative emotions." Yamada told her. "Izu's quirk is empathy."

"Oh, the little dear. Then mine! I am sure Yoshida will be happy to see you again too." Kusumoto said

"Didn't I make him deaf for a week after yelling at him?" Yamada asked

"Yes, but he understands that he deserved that." Kusumoto nodded.

"Good, well, my parents are expecting me. They won't be happy if I lessened their time with their grandson."

"I know exactly what you mean. We'll see you around Yamada." Kusumoto said

"We will too, see you later." Yamada nodded, and they went their own ways.

"Papa..." Izu looked at him, patting his hand towards Kusumoto and Yoshiyuki.

"You'll see them again, don't worry." Yamada smiled down at him, Izu giggled and clapped his hands happily.

~~~~~~

"There's our little man!" Azami beamed as Yamada and Izu arrived. "How are you doing Izu?"

"Ba!" Izu replied happily.

"Come to your Obaasan!" Azami took Izu off Yamada. Izu immediately began to babble to her as he usually did, his is unknown language, as if telling her everything that had happened. "Oh, you poor dear. I know something that will cheer you up." Azami took Izu inside.

"Just to warn you, she's stocked up on teddies for Izu." Hiro told his son. "Including this giant one that's from some sort of anime."

"Thanks for the head up." Yamada nodded.

Now, when His father had told him that his mother had gotten a giant teddy, Yamada thought he had meant giant compared to Izu, but no. He walked in to find Izu napping in the middle of a giant Snorlax teddy. Yamada was pretty sure he and Hitoshi would also fit on there with Izu without it being cramped. Yamada wanted to argue, but decided against he, he would just have to figure out how to get it home later.

"I'm glad he's sleeping well/" Azami smiled "He seemed quite happy to fall asleep on it too."

"He's only slept for an hour since the Villain attack, so it's a relief to see him sleeping." Yamada said, he carefully sat on the edge of the teddy. Izu, whilst still asleep, reached out and clung on to one of Yamada's fingers. He smiled and rubbed his thumb over Izu's small hand.

"Hizashi, I was wondering if you've considered..." His mother stopped. "I mean, I know it's too early, but when he's the right age, why not send him to school here? It's a small town, so not many people will be attending the local schools. Izu wouldn't have to deal with the overload of emotions the schools near you will have." Yamada was quiet, that was a fair point.

"That's a good idea, and if I stay in contact with Kusumoto Kyoumi, her son and Izu could be good friends. But, the trouble will be getting him here. I would have to come pretty early to make sure both me and him aren't late." Yamada nodded.

"I can meet you at the station, I can take him and pick him up." Azami offered "Then we can meet you at the station again, once you've finished work."

"Would you be okay with that?" Yamada asked

"Of course, I was the one who suggested it after all." Azami smiled.

"Thank you!" Yamada hugged her with his free arm.

"You're welcome to ask us for any help if you need it, Zashi." Azami told him, hugging him back.