Quirk Manifestation - Blossoms and one of the 20%

Izu was thrilled when he saw Isa and Rai's quirks, Isa let him pet his ears, to Izu's delight. Then Ishiwata came in, muttering to his friends that he got his quirk.

"What is it Ishiwata-kun?" Izu asked excitedly, still scratching Isa behind the ears. Isa looked like he was slowly falling asleep.

"I can turn myself to stone..." Ishiwata held out his arm, and demonstrated. His skin paled to grey, and is became cracked.

"Oho." Izuku looked at his arm in amazement.

"A transformative quirk, cool." Shiyu smiled

"Yeah, but what if I end up breaking when in stone form?" Ishiwata frowned, looking worried.

"We won't let you break Ishiwata-kun!" Ose grinned. The rest of the group nodded in agreement, aside from Izu and Isa, who were both enjoying the ear scratching.

Mrs. Abe let Izu go at his own pace that day, at Hizashi request. He had let Izu go, but had warned Mrs. Abe that Izu may end up taking a nap or two to deal with that day's emotions. Izu hadn't fallen asleep yet, but he often stared into space, and worked at a very slow pace. When the other kids went out to play, Izu and his small group sat on the grass. Izu was leaning heavily on Shiyu, slowly drifting off.

"Shiyu-kun, should we take Yamada-kun inside to nap?" Mori asked

"No, it's okay. This makes me happy!" Shiyu smiled

"Why? Is it something to do with his quirk?" Ishiwata looked at Izu. Shiyu nodded and beamed.

"It means he trusts me! Like Dad and Uncle Aizawa, and Aunt Kayama." Shiyu explained. "It makes me happy, because I can help shield him at school!"

"But still... wouldn't it be more comfortable inside?" Rai questioned.

"I don't think Izu minds." Shiyu said, the group couldn't help but agree as Izu seemed to try and snuggle closer into Shiyu with a small smile.

"A nap sounds like a good idea." Isa smiled, before glancing over at Mori, his ears twitching. "Mori-chan, what are you eating?"

"Oh, mixed seeds." Mori showed them. "My mom gave them to me to snack on, because I feel hungry when working in the shop, so my mom makes sure I have a snack! Want some?" She held out the packet. A ball came flying over, knocking the packet from her hands and then hitting Izu, who jolted awake. He woke with a start, tears began to gather in the corner of his eyes.

"Izu!" Shiyu suddenly pulled him into a hug, Izu sniffed, but didn't cry.

"Give us the ball back cry baby!" Kugo yelled. Ose got to her feet, getting the ball and kicking it. It flew over Kugo's head. "You missed loser!"

"Fetch Kugo, and leave us alone!" Ose sat back down, Noguichi had put a hand on Izu's shoulder to help calm him. Izu rubbed his eyes tiredly and yawned, they he eyed the packet on the floor.

"Oh, Mori, your seeds..." Ishiwata frowned, Mori waved him off.

"It's okay." Mori smiled, she picked up the packet, as her fingers brushed against the seeds on the floor, the began to blossom into flowers. She withdrew her hand.

"Oho, is that your quirk Mori-chan?" Isa asked.

"Maybe?" She frowned, she touched more of the seeds and they also blossomed into flowers. Izu smiled weakly.

"Pretty." He muttered, his eyes close to closing again.

"Izu, let's go inside to nap, no one can wake you up then." Shiyu took his hand, Izu didn't complain as Shiyu lead him over to Mrs. Abe, who let them back into the classroom so Izu could nap in peace.

"You next Yu..." Izu muttered as he curled up against his brother.

"Huh?" Shiyu looked down at Izu.

"You're quirk next." Izu repeated and smiled. "It's going to be awesome." Shiyu smiled, he hoped his quirk would help him help Izu.

~~~~~~

Weeks passed, and soon, only Shiyu hadn't gained his quirk. Kyoumi took him to the doctors, Hizashi and Izu went with him. Izu was curled up in his dad's arms to shield him from the emotions.

"You should give up. He is quirkless" The Doctor said, Izu and Shiyu were stunned, Hizashi just looked at Kyoumi.

"But, how is possible, both me and his father have quirks." Kyoumi asked

"May I ask what quirks?" The doctor looked at her.

"He had a simple strengthening quirk, mine allows me to created balls of light." Kyoumi answered.

"Fourth generation quirk, it is rare genetic defect. But your son is quirkless, there is nothing that can be done to give him one." The doctor went on to explain why, about the joint in the small toe. Izu clutched his dad's shirt tightly, Hizashi looked down at him. Izu had his eyes on Shiyu. Izu had never felt anything like it, the feeling of hopelessness, emptiness. It was the first time Izu had ever felt a void within someone's heart. All he could do, was cling to his dad.

"Shiyu, you know not having a quirk matters, right?" Hizashi told him as they walked from the doctors, Shiyu looked up at him. Hizashi smiled. "You're amazing just as you are now."

"I like Shiyu as he is." Izu added, Izu gave Shiyu a weak smile. "Keep smiling."

"That's it Izu! Just like All Might, right?" Hizashi grinned, Izu shook his head.

"Like Dad, dad is always smiling. Uncle Aizawa says its annoying and you should be less cheerful, because it makes you loud and he can't sleep." Izu said.

"So, Uncle Aizawa is like a cat. Cats don't like loud noises either." Shiyu muttered. "Cats are cute."

"Cats are cuddly!" Izu smiled, before turning to his dad. "Dad, can we have a cat?" Hizashi frowned.

"Not sure we can, I am at work all the time... and I am not sure how much care a cat needs..." Hizashi admitted.

"I had one when I was younger, as long as you remember to feed it and clean the try, it will be happy." Kyoumi said "And, Cat's or fluffy pets can be good for a person's emotional state." The boys looked at Hizashi with pleading eyes.

"I'll think about it tonight and tell you tomorrow, okay?" Hizashi told them, the two boys smiled. Izu could still the void in Shiyu, but it was faint, almost fading. Izu smiled, he just had to keep Shiyu happy and it would go away!