First steps

A few months passed, Kyoumi had finally divorced Yoshida, she and Shiyu moved closer to Azami and Hiro, who helped her out with babysitting. Izu and Shiyu even got to play whenever they came down to visit. A few months passed, and soon the boys would get into everything by crawling around. Yamada had a hard time keeping him from opening cupboards, but settling him on his giant teddy would soon calm him down. He was nearing one-year-old, and Yamada was planning a party for him

A few days before Izu's 1st birthday, Yamada found himself with Shiyu in his care. Kyoumi had a job interview and his mother was looking after his father who had fallen ill, so Yamada had offered to look after him. So, there he was, walking to Yuuei with the two boys early one morning.

"Morning Y..." Midnight stopped, as did all the teachers there as Yamada entered with the two boys. "Aw! Who's this cutie?" She gushed looking at Shiyu, who watched her nervously.

"Kusumoto Yoshiyuki. My friends little one, I am babysitting him today cause there was no one else. But it gives him and Izu time to play again." Yamada smiled down at them.

"Zu." Shiyu giggled patting Izu's arm, Izu clapped.

"Yu." He replied happily.

"Those two are just to damn cute!" Midnight sighed. "Hey Shiyu-kun." She smiled. Shiyu looked at her curiously, Izu seemed to watch him with a happy smile. Shiyu then smiled and reached out a hand towards her. Midnight took his tiny hand. "Pleasure to meet you little man, you are keeping an eye on him today Izu-kun?"

"BA!" Izu replied happily, the staff took that as a yes. Aizawa entered the staff room barely a second later, he had to double take as he saw Yamada holding Izu, then his eyes fell on Shiyu.

"You didn't kidnap that kid, did you?" He asked

"You asked that about Izu, why do you assume I kidnap kids? Besides, I am babysitting him for a friend." Yamada frowned at him. Aizawa just shrugged, and went over to his desk to complete some work before his homeroom.

"He totally wants to take one of them to class." Midnight smirked. "Speaking of which, Can I take Izu with me if you have your hands full with Shiyu?"

"What, no." Yamada frowned

"Come on Yamada, you can't expect to teach a class and keep two kids entertained. I know Izu understands, but Shiyu probably doesn't." Ectoplasm told him.

"Fine, but line-up, everyone." Yamada sighed, giving in. He placed Izu in his walker, the teachers stood side by side confused. "Right Izu, I need you to take care of one of those loser, you okay with that?" Izu looked back at the teachers, before tapping once as yes. "Good, now which one do you thinks needs to be watched over the most?" Izu turned back to the teachers, his bright green eyes surveyed each one. He giggled and moved over to Aizawa, he tugged on the underground hero's trouser leg. Aizawa looked down at him.

"I don't need looking after brat." He muttered tired, but reached down and picked up the curly haired child nonetheless. Izu giggled and patted his arm happily.

"Za." Izu said, looking deeply pleased with himself.

"Izu has chosen. Aizawa, he's babysitting you." Yamada grinned widely, Aizawa just glared at him.

"Makes sure he doesn't expel anyone today Izu." Midnight told him, Izu patted his hand in agreement. Before resting his head on Aizawa's shoulder, getting comfortable.

"See you later Izu." Yamada kissed his forehead. Izu waved bye as he was tied up in Aizawa's scarf and the underground hero headed to his homeroom class. Izu looked at the people who passed, who all stared at Aizawa in shock, they had never seen him actually taking care of Izu before, and it was a huge surprise to them.

"Ignore them kid." Aizawa advised quietly. Izu nodded, patting his hand on Aizawa's back. His homeroom wasn't much better. As soon as they saw Izu, they exploded with emotions, yelling questions at Aizawa. Izu cuddled himself into Aizawa's scarf, taking comfort in his uncles calm demeaner, but he could feel the edge of annoyance and concern. The simple activation of his quirk, caused the class the settle. "If anyone of you upset him whist he's in my care, I'll be sending you to Present Mic to deal with." Aizawa warned them all, before turning and starting the lesson.

"Did you have fun Izu?" Midnight asked, when Aizawa returned with him after his homeroom and other class at lunch. His second class practically acted the same way a him homeroom. Which did give Aizawa another reason to practically threaten the students about what would happen if they upset Izu.

"They were a bit loud and annoying to begin with, but they settled down. I think he did pretty well." Aizawa ruffled the green curls. Izu snuggled closer into Aizawa, seemingly quite happy just to lean against him.

"Your class upset Izu?" Yamada entered, Shiyu excited reached out for Izu, Izu giggled and reached back towards him.

"They were being loud. I sorted it though, he did well dealing with it though. Did you brat?" Aizawa looked at Izu.

"Ba." He nodded. The rest of the day went smoothly, and by the end of it, the teachers were watching Shiyu and Izu play on the floor together under Yamada's protective gaze.

"They sure get along, don't they?" Power Loader said. Before muttering under his breath. "Wonder if I should make him a walker too..."

"Get them matching onesies!" Midnight gasped, "I saw some really cute ones the other day. I am going to them."

"ZU!" Shiyu giggled, the teachers watched them with loving gazes.

~~~~~~

"Happy birthday Izu. You put him in the onesie I got him!" Midnight gushed, Izu was wearing a black kitten onesie, just one of a few Midnight had gotten him for his first birthday. Izuku was crawling around, very kitten like. Midnight had grabbed her phone was filming him as he wondered around. Izuku saw his uncle Aizawa in his sleeping bag as usual, sleeping peacefully. Izuku began to approach him, Yamada went to stop him, but everyone watched as Izuku pushed himself to his feet. He wobbled on his feet, before taking two steps and collapsing over Aizawa's bag. Aizawa woke with a start, before looking down at the kid. Izuku looked back, then imitated a meow. The rest of the staff were stunned, as Aizawa petted Izuku's hair. He looked at them, before frowning.

"What?" He asked

"He just stood up... and took two steps before falling over you." Yamada said, he quickly turned to Midnight, who's phone was still up.

"I got it!" She gushed. "Well Done Izu! You're so clever." She praised, Izu turned to her with a bright smile at the praise, he giggled, before looking back at Aizawa and meowing again. Aizawa continued to pet his hair, which seemed to really please Izu.