The void

A few weeks into the new weak, and Izu began to feel irritated. He continued to stand up to the new bullies that rounded on Shiyu, his friends helped. The teachers were just the same as elementary, they were no help. Granted, Izu didn't help by literally falling into an argument with a teacher over his brother's treatment, landing him in detention. What panicked him the most was the fact that along with the negative buzzes, positive humming there was a blank, void feeling. Izu bowed his head, not even his emotion filter could block out the void. He had hoped he could prevent the void from returning, but it seems that he couldn't. To make matters worse, he didn't know how to bring it up to his parents, the boys had assured them that the bullying had stopped.

"Oshi?" Izu approached his cousin nervously, one day, after training and after Aizawa had left the room.

"What's up Izu?" Hitoshi smiled down at him.

"Can I ask you something in private?" Izu asked, Hitoshi immediately knew something was deeply concerning the younger male.

"Sure, how about we check out a new cat café that opened?" Hitoshi said, Izu nodded.

After informing Aizawa where they were going, the boys headed off. Within 20 minutes, they were sitting in a small café, cats happily napping on their laps.

"Okay, now what is the problem?" Hitoshi watched Izu carefully.

"Y-you know when Shiyu has a void within him" Izu asked

"Faintly, back when you were in day-care right?" Hitoshi took a sip of tea.

"Yeah... well, it's back." Izu told him.

"Right, I see. Have you told your dad?" He frowned, Izu shook his head

"I ca... I don't know how! We've.... We've fucked up and I don't know if I can fix it!" Izu was trying to stop the tears gathering at the corner of his eyes from falling.

"Hey, Izu, look at me. Look at me!" Hitoshi demanded, Izu looked up with teary eyes. Hitoshi sighed, before giving him a weak smile. "Now, why don't you start from the beginning." Izu took a deep breath, before explaining everything.

~*~

Hitoshi pet the cat on his lap, he was thinking over everything Izu had told him.

"So, what do I do Oshi?" Izu asked.

"The only thing you can, you need to tell your dad." Hitoshi replied.

"He's going to be mad if he finds out we've been lying..." Izu frowned.

"Izu, your quirk is empathy, how does lying mke you feel?" Hitoshi asked

"It leaves a sour taste in my mouth..." Izu bowed his head.

"You will probably get into trouble for hiding this, but it's for the best. Before Shiyu goes and does something stupid." Hitoshi gave him a soft smile. "You know what? I'll even stay by you whilst you tell him, okay?" Izu nodded weakly.

~*~

That's exactly what happened, with Hitoshi by his side, Izu repeated the whole story to his dad.

"I'm sorry..." Izu cried. "We didn't want to bother you!" He wiped away his teats.

"Oh, Izu." Kyoumi frowned, she approached him, moving his arms and finished wiping his tears. Izuku looked at her. "You wouldn't have bothered us at all sweetie. It's our job to worry and protect you. But, you should never hide matters like this."

"Where is Shiyu?" Hizashi frowned.

"Isn't he back from his usual meeting with Uncle Maijima?" Hitoshi asked, Izu immediately pulled out his phone and called Shiyu, it began to ring, then was cut off. Shiyu cancelled his call, Izu looked at his dad in worry. Hizashi put a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll find him." Hizashi promised, getting out his phone and calling Maijima, Kyoumi called Kayama and Hitoshi called his dad. Izu was in panic, this was all his fault! He should have told them, not kept it a secret, he couldn't stop his tears. Before anyone could stop him, Izu tore of his Emotion filter and ran. He had to find his brother before he did something stupid!

~*~

Izu had no idea where he was looking, he was following the slightly emptiness the void caused. Running along the street, ignoring the looks he gained. He stopped as his phone went off.

"Izu, where are you?" Hizashi asked

"Um... By Takoba beach. He's near here. I can feel it!" Izu told him

"Aizawa is heading your way now." Hizashi said. "I'm coming too."

"Okay." Izu nodded, the called ended and Izu set off running again.

~*~

Izu had to climb over a load of trash to find Shiyu in tears.

"Shiyu!" Izu gasped, stumbling over a microwave as he hurried to his brother's side.

"Izu..." He began, but Izu immediately embraced him. Izu couldn't hold in his tears and cried.

"I'm sorry! I am so sorry! I should have done more... So sorry!" Izu cried, causing Shiyu to also break down. Hizashi and Aizawa found them but froze as they heard Shiyu speak.

"I don't want to continue like this Zu..." Shiyu sniffed. Izu pulled out of the hug and gave him a confused look. "You, mom and dad, Asako... everyone, family and friends would be happier without me around."

"so, you were planning to run away? Where would you even go?" Izu frowned, Shiyu shook his head.

"I-I wasn't planning on running..." Shiyu sniffed, large tears began cascading down his cheeks.

"No!" Izu cried, understanding, pulling Shiyu into another hug. "I'm not letting you go! You can't go..."

"But, you get beat up because of me, I make you surfer!" Shiyu told him. He froze as Hizashi rushed over and hugged his sons close.

"Neither of you are to blame for all this." He said, he was furious, how could a school allow such behaviour to go on without anything being down. Society was really failing those without quirks, he tightened his embrace. "Never blame yourselves for this, please..." Shiyu and Izu cuddled into their dad, crying into his shoulders, as Aizawa called Kyoumi to give her the news they found Shiyu. To say the least, she was on a war path with their school.

~*~

The boys were taken home, both were exhausted, and they fell asleep in Izu's room on the giant Snorlax teddy, their hands clutched together. Hizashi covered them in a selection of fluffy blankets, Fuwafuwa prowled over and lay upon the boys, to watch over them. Hizashi joined Kyoumi down stairs, they weren't going to let this slide.