Fast friends

"Can we play with you?" Isa and Rai approached Shiyu and Izu, who were playing with clay. They were already playing with Ose, Mori and Noguchi.

"Of course!" Izu smiled brightly, looking back at his clay with a frown.

"You made a caterpillar!" Mori smiled

"It's meant to be Uncle Aizawa..." Izu sighed.

"Uncle Aizawa looks like a caterpillar when in his sleeping bag." Shiyu pointed out, he carefully pushed his clay towards Izu's. "So, we have Uncle Aizawa, and Uncle Maijima." The two boys giggled happily.

"Your dad is a hero, right?" Rai asked, he and Isa began making a fox out of clay. Izu and Shiyu nodded "Which hero?"

"Oho, let's play a guessing game. You give us clues!" Ose gasped happily. Shiyu and Izu looked at each other, before giggling.

"He's loud!" Izu said

"Present Mic!" Noguchi said, they nodded in confirmation.

"Wow, what's he like?" Mori asked

"He's funny!" Shiyu thought about it, he looked at Izu.

"He's warm, and safe." Izu said, "Uncle Aizawa is like blanket safe, Aunt Kayama is safe like having a guard dog, Dad is safe safe." He stopped as if trying to think. "Does that make sense?"

"I think I understand, like if you need help, he's the one to go too... like a shield!" Isa smiled, Izu gasped and nodded.

"Yep, he's like a shield! Or a pillow fort!" Izu said "He shields me for bad emotions because they make me sad."

"Wow." The other kids he was with looked at him with smiles.

"He sounds so cool!" Noguchi smiled. "do you know any other heroes?"

"We've met loads, we go to Yuuei now and again with dad!" Shiyu nodded. "Midnight, Power loader, Eraserhead, Ectoplasm, Vlad King and Nezu!"

"Are you going to be come heroes too?" Mori asked

"I want to be." Izu nodded

"I am want to be like Uncle Maijima, and make support items." Shiyu smiled "Then I can help lots of heroes!"

"Uncle Maijima doesn't make support items, he just teaches it." Izu told him

"Yeah, but he's good at making things too!" Shiyu reminded him

"It must be cool growing up with heroes." Ose muttered wishfully.

"Tiring." Izu corrected. "Worrying, but fun."

"I would love to meet Endeavour." Isa said

"No you wouldn't" Izu shook his head, they all looked at him. "I've seen him before, he's scary, not a nice man."

"He does look scary, all that fire around him." Rai admitted.

"Nothing like All Might, he looks cool and seems so nice!" Ose smiled

"I want to meet All Might!" Shiyu clapped his hands excitedly, looking at Izu. "Do you think Dad knows him?"

"We can ask, All Might is so cool. He's like 'I am Here!' And saves everyone!" Izu happily talked, then he gasped. "Do you guys want to play heroes?" He looked around at the others.

"I'LL BE RECOVERY GIRL!" Mori immediately said, the group laughed.

"Does this make us friends?" Noguchi asked

"You want to be friends?" Shiyu's eyes widened happily, Izu smiled.

"We are all friends, lets play!" Izu giggled, the small group went off to play their new game. They were joined by Ishiwata, Izu and Shiyu couldn't have been happier.

~~~~~~

"Hizashi, you're out earlier than expected." Kyoumi bumped into him on the way to the day-care.

"My phone died, and the rest of the staff practically kicked me out of Yuuei to get Izu." Hizashi smiled. "They were grateful for the picture, they probably have it added to the great wall of Izu by tomorrow morning."

"The great wall of Izu?" Kyoumi asked, trying not to laugh.

"Do you know how many pictures of Izu they have? They got all the ones that aren't doubles and stuck them to the wall of the staff room." Hizashi told her, that did cause her to laugh. "They have photo's of Shiyu too, they literally won't shut up about their cute little nephews. I think they are worse than my parents."

"Wow, that is bad." Kyoumi couldn't help smiling though. "But, I have a feeling Izu and Shiyu will love having you pick them up on the first day. I bet a lot of other kids will be excited too, Present Mic." Hizashi rolled his eyes, but he knew she was right. And getting to the day-care was pretty much how he expected it. Other parents looked at him in surprise, whilst kids were looking at him with wide eyes.

"Dad!" Two voices yelled out, Izu and Shiyu came running at him, Hizashi knelt and caught them in his arms.

"You two have a good day?" He asked

"We made friends." Izu giggled, wiggling from his dad's grip, point to a group of six other kids. "That's Ose-chan, Mori-chan, Noguchi-kun, Rai-kun, Isa-kun and Ishiwata-kun!" They looked at the hero nervously, but clearly excited. Hizashi smiled widely and wave to them. They smiled and approached him.

"Your dad really is Present Mic..." Ose gasped.

"Did you think we were lying?" Shiyu looked a little hurt.

"No, I didn't mean it like that..." Ose panicked.

"Everyone is surprised, Shiyu." Izu said, then nervously glanced around. Then muttered quietly. "Everyone is staring."

"Right, then, I think it is time to head to your nans for dinner." Hizashi easily lifted, both Izu and Shiyu. Izu squirmed and laughed.

"I can walk! I can walk!" Izu said, and continually squirmed until Hizashi put them down, Izu happily took his hand though. He turned to his friends. "See you tomorrow!" He waved as their little family group walked away.

"By Yamada-kun!" Mori waved back happily.

~~~~~~

Over dinner, Izu and Shiyu explained their day to their parents and grandparents, talking about the games they played the clay and their new friends. It was mostly Shiyu doing the talking, as Izu was slowly falling asleep whilst eating, despite him obviously trying to stay awake. After Izu had ate most of his dinner, Hizashi pulled him closer to him, Izu snuggled against him, and soon fell asleep.

"The day must have warn him out, poor dear." Azami smiled.

"But, I'm not tired..." Shiyu said.

"Izu's quirk had to deal with a lot today, but I think you being there made it easier for him to manage." Kyoumi pulled Shiyu on to her lap, Shiyu looked at Izu, the up at his mom.

"Do you really think I helped?" He asked

"Of course, Izu trust's you." Kyoumi nodded. "If he starts having a bad day, I need to you to look out for him, okay. It's a very important, hero like job. To make sure Izu is okay."

"I can do that!" Shiyu nodded with a serious face. "I'll keep him safe from bad emotions!"

"That's my boy." Kyoumi smiled and hugged him as Hizashi ruffled his hair, Izu sleeping peacefully on his lap.