Onai x Michael One Shot - College AU

[A/N: Did you guys really think I was going to let pride month finish without doing something for the Onai x Michael ship lol?]

Description: A college AU in which Michael's roommate is slowly driving him insane OR what are those noises coming from the bathroom? Onai...? Are you dying or jerking off?

A/N (6/27/18) - This chapter is a one shot. It exists in a different universe than the main story "Three Alphas, Three Mates," and although the characters' personalities may remain the same, their interactions with each other might be completely different. Couples that exist in the book may not be the same here, but don't worry. It's just a fanfic. I hope you enjoy! :D

Disclaimer: Mild sexual content.

--

(Michael's POV)

"So is college everything you hoped for?" Mia's voice sounds through the phone.

I pause my Morph game to answer her clearly. That's a good question... Is it? I look around my dorm room littered with instant ramen noodles and incomplete assignments. "Honestly..." My chest clenches. "It's even better that I thought."

"Really?" she asks.

I nod. "It's great. The parties are out of this world. The guys..." I whistle, but the truth is I haven't left my room in days.

"I'm happy for you," she says. She sounds happy for me, and that's the worst part, because maybe some part of her prefers it like this.

I force myself to smile. "Thanks."

"Well..." She pauses. "I guess I'll let you get back to your amazing life."

"No," I scream.

She sounds startled. "What?"

I take a deep breath, rolling my shoulders out. "I mean, I know your life pales in comparison to mine..." I look around my dull walls. "But you can tell me about it." Please. I feel like we barely talk anymore.

"Don't kid yourself," she laughs. "With all the fun you're having, you'd just fall asleep."

My face falls.

"But don't worry." I can hear the smile in her voice. "I'll torture you with the details later. Once I finish this calc homework, and... Huh?" She giggles. "Stop, Carson. Seriously."

"Tell Micah to get a life," he screams into the phone.

I glare into space. "Asher."

"Micah." I know he's smirking. I know he's smirking. "Axel and Aiden are waiting..." he whines to Mia again, like the spoiled brat he is.

Of course she gives into it. "I've gotta go, Michael."

I roll my eyes. "With your three boyfriends?"

"It's not like that," she grumbles. "We're just having a friendly study session."

And I was born yesterday. "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright," she says. "Have fun, but don't forget about your grades." She teases.

"I won't. Love you." Don't hang up. Please.

"Love you too!"

Click.

Silence.

I stare at my empty walls, illuminated by the TV screen alone. My Morph knight's paused mid-swing, prepared to kill a beast.