Chapter Forty Four

Sombra's POV:

He was late. Again. Not that that was uncharacteristic of Kai at all.

Doomfist was getting impatient. Unlike me, he wasn't as aware of Kai's tendency to arrive like an hour late. I watched with amusement as he paced back and forth, clenching and unclenching his fists.

I tapped his shoulder, causing him to spin around almost angrily. "What?!"

"Smile, would you?"

"Now's not the time, Sombra. Are you sure you sent him the right address?"

"I did," I checked the phone I used to send it to him. "It says he read it. He'll be here, don't worry."

Moira twitched from the corner she was hiding in. She crossed her arms, eyeing me with her signature monotonous expression. "We should just leave him in Hanamura. That'll teach him some respect."

I leaned against the wall again, stretching out. "I'm not against that at all, you know. Actually, this is actually you guys' fault for not putting me in charge of recon. Did you know he killed (y/n)'s mom?"

"We know," Moira sighed. "He's reckless."

Before I could respond, I felt a hand grab my arm harshly. I was standing right at the corner of the alleyway, so whoever had just grabbed me was able to do so with ease.

I gasped as the person pulled me towards them. It only took them a few seconds to place something cold and sharp against my throat. Whoever this was wasn't some amateur. The blade wasn't trembling at all. It was eerily steady.

I was placed in an unbreakable hold facing away from the person, and I didn't even bother trying to fight. I knew by the strength demonstrated in their arms that that would be pointless.

Moira and Doomfist realized what had just happened, and stepped forward with concern. The person pressed the knife into my skin a little more. "Not another step or she dies," they warned lowly.

It was a female voice. I had watched her family long enough to know who it was.

I couldn't help but laugh. I knew she would catch on eventually. It bubbled up in my throat, actually pressed the knife further into my skin, but that was fine with me. Sharp things didn't scare me. 

"You are..." Moira began.

"(Y/n) (L/n)," Doomfist finished with certainty.

The fact that we knew her identity didn't faze her at all. Her breath tickled my ear as she told them, quite forcefully, "Weapons out in front of you. Now."

"You're in over your head, amiga," I chuckled. "Let's just talk."

"We're not talking!" she screamed. Her voice carried over into the night, echoing all throughout the neighborhood we were near. It was a wonder that no one heard us.

"I take it you've killed Kai by now, huh?" I asked. "Never liked him. Don't blame you, honestly."

She leaned closer to me. "I'm going to kill you," she whispered in my ear.

"My, my... so hostile..."

(Y/n) didn't seem to notice that I had been reaching for the trans locator in my pocket while she had the knife to my neck. I nodded as if pretending to understand her threat, but threw the device in Moira and Doomfist's direction.

It clattered in between them, spinning into a forceful stop.

She seemed confused. I clicked the button attached to my sleeve, and trans located away from her hold. She stumbled as I disappeared, eyes widening in surprise.