ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 1

jungkook woke up that next afternoon to a bang on his door.

"jungkook! wake up its half past noon!" his eyes shut in irritation, it was his father.

he let out a sigh and yelled an,"im up!" to said man before sitting up in his bed and opening his locked door.

"you know jungkook, you shouldnt be sleeping in like this all the time." junkook knew this was coming.

every other week, when his parents were actually home from work they would take advantage of their time with their only son by lecturing him on how he spent his time on that 'damned phone of his' and how he should be 'out with friends or working'.

of course he wouldnt talk back, its the first time in a week or two that hes actually heard their voices. he missed them so much that if this was how he had to see them, he would keep doing it. only god knows if they would talk to him even if he did spend his time being productive

"everytime i come home i hope youre doing something actually productive with your time." the young boy watched as his father scowled,"but here you are... sleeping until noon doing nothing but being cooped up in your... lair. or whatever."

jungkook tried not to laugh. he really did, but his father was being such a old person right now he couldnt help it. a chuckle escaped his lips and his father abruptly stopped his rant on his sons behavior.

his father had a face like he couldnt believe what came out of his sons mouth,"whats so funny jungkook? you think its funny that i care for your well being? ugh i cannot believe you young man. your mother will hear about this and no more laughs will escape that talk-backing mouth of yours!"

that made jungkook laugh even harder, i havent said a word this whole convo, but go off i guess.

"okay father, im sorry. ill be more productive with my time. i promise." i looked down at my father, he was a short chubby man. wrinkles were starting to show themselves on his face, probably stressed about how his son wasnt doing anything with his free time.

his mother was a slightly shorter woman which kind of confused jungkook, as he was almost half a foot taller than both of them. she was a fiery woman, who meant well of course. she just wanted what was best for her family.

his father sighed and looked down at jungkooks chest,"you know we care about you jungkook. we just want whats best for you, you know?"

jungkook let out a silent sigh and nodded his head, even though his father couldnt see,"i understand, father."

he watched as the short man nodded his head like jungkook before looking up at his son,"well im heading to work, okay? your mother and i are going on a business trip with the companys CEO in a couple days. were going to daegu to close some deals with companies down there, so we'll be gone for a few weeks."

jungkook didnt know why he was surprised that they were leaving, but he was. he felt sad, angry... dissapointed. 

so he just nodded and let out a small,"okay, have fun. love you." before closing the door on his fathers face and jumping into the comfort of his heavy duvet.

he heard his father sigh on the other side of his oak door before walking away down the hall.

then he let his tears fall.

all he did that day was let his tears fall, sobs being silenced by the navy blue duvet on top of him. its not like anyone would hear him anyways, he was always left alone in this big empty house.

and before he knew it, emptiness took over his mind and he fell into a deep sleep.