ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 4

it was around 9 a.m and jungkook still did not fall alseep.

i guess thats what i get for sleeping for 20 hours.

by this time jungkook had let his phone take rest on his trusty night stand while he lazily stared at his blank ceiling. he was, you guessed it, thinking.

he was thinking about how right his parents were. all he did was lounge on his phone and he was 19. he didnt even have a job yet. how was he really going to have a future if this was all he did?

maybe he should go job-hunting today! jungkook hasnt gone outside in a strong week and a half.

he let out a sigh before hearing a ding come from his phone.

POLYCHAT: namjinnie sent you a message!

namjoon? he felt his chest squeeze, he realized that maybe he would finally be able to have friends.

he clicked on the notification, polychat immediately opening up for him. he bit his cheek, he was kind of excited! what will the message say!?

jungkook eagerly clicked on the chat, his first chat!

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

namjinnie:

hello jungkook!!

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

a weird squeal-like sound escaped his thin lips, he said hello!! to me!!

!!!!!

jungkook decided then that, !!!!! was his favorite feeling. he just couldnt believe this.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

j.jkook:

hi namjoon hyung!!!

how are you?

namjinnie:

im good!!! me and jinnie hyung are getting ready for work so i just thought i would say good morning!!!

how are you?

j.jkook:

oh im okay i guess, thanks for asking.

anyways, work? you guys have jobs? where do you work?

namjinnie:

oh yeah, me and jinnie both work at a record company! im a composer and hes my vocalist. well one of them atleast.

well i guess i should let you go, ill talk to you later kook!!  have a good day talk to you later ((:

j.jkook:

ahh, thats cool. have a good day too namjoon hyung! :)

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

what a short conversation, jungkook thought sadly. must be because im boring. or because the author isnt creative at all and doesnt know what to do with this story.

jungkook let out a quiet giggle, author? thats funny.

he got out of bed to take a shower, he decided that maybe he should go job-hunting today.

and by 10:27 a.m, jungkook was clean and changed into the only pair of non-ripped jeans he owned and the nicest t-shirt he could find.

he stared at himself in the mirror, i am... a king. im going to get the best job on EARTH!! im doing great already! lets do this.

jungkook let out a determined sigh and left his bedroom, to be honest he didnt know what he was going to do. he never job-hunted before, he guessed it must be easy right?

he headed to the kitchen,only to be met with his dark haired mother sitting at the dining table surrounded by different papers and files. must be for her work.

"oh...jungkook. what are you doing up? want money or something?" his mother coldly said.

jungkook gulped, he thought that she would be proud if he told her what he was going to do, but before he could pipe in and tell the small woman what he was up to, she interupted him.

"well heres twenty dollars, just go. atleast youre going outside of that room of yours." she shoved a few bills into his hand and turned back to her work without another word.

he felt his eyes sting, his parents really dont care for him anymore do they?

he shoved the money in his pockets before shuffling out of the house, his inspiration to find a job was sucked out of his body. his shoulders now slumped he walked down the side walk, ending up on the busy streets of busan.