ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 42

WARNING: dirty bert is in the house, if u dont like him then i guess just skip if u want??? thanks babes <3

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

jimin was kneeled on the floor, silently staring at the toilet in front of him. jungkook had dragged him there the second he said anything about having to throw up.

"im so sorry but its fake love... fake love... fake love..." jimin quietly sang. his voice was actually really pretty, it would probably sound better if he wasnt slightly drunk, but it still sounded good nonetheless.

"where did you hear that song?" jungkook asked quietly. jimin limply leaned against the smallers chest, his eyes were closed and he was blindly reaching for the water they got.

"a dream. a beautifully horrible dream." jimin said airily. "we were in a band, all seven of us. we... we struggled at first. even our own country didnt believe in us." jimin gulped down some water, letting out a burp afterwards. "but little by little... we made it. people knew us, we had world tours, millions upon millions of fans. korea loved us, america loved us. every country in the world loved us.

the song, fake love it was called, was really popular. 'im so sorry but its fake love'" jimin sang quietly again. "its the only part i remember, everytime i hear it... its accompanied by the sound of people cheering. we were... we were appreciated... loved. it seemed like the peak of all our lives."

jungkook nodded his head against the bathroom wall, staring blankly at the tiled floor beneath them, his small hands absentmindedly rubbing up and down jimins broad shoulders. "seemed?" he quietly asked.

jimin only nodded his head. "we were unhappy. i could tell. we were all in love... we couldnt show it, express it, shout it to the big, beautiful, dying world. we had too much on the line. our careers, the progress we made, the revolutionary image we had set by the whole world. it was unhappy. it was fake... 'fake love.'" jimin quietly sang, his soft voice echoing off the walls of the empty bathroom.

something felt a bit eerie about jimins speech. the way he had numbly explained it, like he was looking back on a bitter sweet memory. the way he softly sang the enchanting tune like it scarred him.

"i dont feel sick anymore," jimin mumbled simply. "can we go back now?" he asked, turning his head up to stare at jungkook.

jungkook only blinked. he nodded his head with a thick gulp and pulled the two up. "come on then." he said softly.

jimin happily hummed as they walked to the theater. he held jungkooks hand in his, leading the younger to the theater while jungkook just let himself be pulled along.

what a weird feeling he had, the light atmosphere had returned for jimin, but not jungkook. when he heard about jimins dream, he only thought about his own. they both had horrible dreams about alternate realities where everyone was unhappy. or atleast the person dreaming was. it was weird.

jungkook shrugged it off in the end, he was here. now. with his three lovely boyfriends and his three lovely friends. he was happy and alive and real.

when the two got up to their row, there were two open seats between taehyung and namjoon. it was clear which seat jungkook took.

ʰᵉ ʲᵘⁿᵍᵗᵒᵒᵏ ᶦᵗ⋅

"is he okay?" namjoon asked quietly. the loud bass of the scary music from the movie echoed through the theater, a few screams were heard too but jungkook ignored it.

"yeah, just a bit drunk." he whispered back with a quiet chuckle. namjoon only nodded with a sweet smile, resting his head back onto jins broad shoulder.