O. PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE!

SEPTEMBER 1976

SEPTEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Holland. Holland. Holland. Holland. Holland!" The nagging voice of Severus Snape called to the dark-haired sixth year, who was staring out the window of the carriage they were situated in on the Hogwarts Express.

"Yes?" She asked, an Irish accent lacing her voice, snapping out of her daydream and facing the greasy-haired boy, giving him her full attention.

"We're going to be there in just a few hours, the girls have already gone, but you might want to go get changed into your robes now," Severus told her and Holland nodded, noticing she was the only girl in the carriage, and stood up, collected her things before heading out of the compartment amd on her way to the girl's compartment at the other side of the train.

The small girl struggled slightly as she squeezed past all of the other students in the hallway - which mostly consisted of Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. Slytherins wouldn't normally be seen in this part of the train, but since there wasn't much room elsewhere, the group had to make do with the situation they were in.

Once Holland neared the girl's bathroom, she was greeted with the sight of Avery, Mulciber and Rosier laughing wickedly as they exited the room.

"What's so funny?" The dark-eyed Slytherin asked.

"Oh, nothing, Holland," Mulciber waved off, "Just putting a mudblood on their place," He laughed, before he and the other two boys made their way back to their own carriage.

Holland's eyebrows crinkled slightly in confusion as she curiously entered the bathroom, the faint sound of sobs penetrating her ears. She followed the sounds and stopped outside of one of the cubicles. Gingerly, she knocked on the door.

"Hello?" The Irish girl asked, the sobbing sound growing quieter, "Hey, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you, just, come out and maybe we can talk," Holland called, almost cringing at her own words.

The sound of the bolt unlocking was heard and the door slowly opened, the head of a tearful Lily Evans popping out.

"Hi," Holland smiled, "I'm Holland, Holland Lux," She introduced, "You're Lily, right? Lily Evans?" She asked, gaining a nod from the said girl, "It's nice to meet you, I'm sorry if my friends hurt your feelings," The girl smiled sympathetically.

"It's alright," The redhead waved off, opening the door wider, "I've gotten used to it by now,"

"But it's not," Holland shook her head, "You don't deserve to be treated like this just because of your blood status," She told the girl softly.

"You really think that?" Lily asked weakly, making Holland nod slightly.

"I do, I really do," She smiled.

Lily smiled widely, bringing the girl into a tight hug, causing the raven-haired girl to stiffen.

"Thank you," Lily whispered and Holland smiled, relaxing into the hug slightly, enjoying the unfamiliar gesture slightly, which - to her - was a foreign feeling.

"You're welcome," Holland whispered back before Lily released her from the embrace, and a small, longing feeling entered the girl's body after she did so, "Now, let's get changed,"