Closer (Part 1) - highschool sweethearts

You know that feeling when you feel like the world is literally spinning around you at 360 degrees

You know that feeling when you feel like the world is literally spinning around you at 360 degrees. Theres no stopping. You feel like you are being spun around and around in the same surrounding. Life feels fast and almost unreal.

Suddenly, the door to my private dance studio blasts open and I hear a loud groan.

I stop twirling on my ballet shoes.

"Are you kidding me? You make me pick you up for school and make me wait in the car for like eternity for you" my best friend Yazmin says. She's a literal Indian goddess, I kid you not with her beautiful thick eyebrows, brown skin and long hair.

I change quickly into my Colgate white looking Converse, looking at her sheepingishly, "Sorry, I totally lost track of time"

Yas helps me get my stuff together and we walk out the little studio my dad had built for me behind our gigantic house. Mom's a lawyer and dad's a surgeon. How much cliche could my life get? I've always been blessed with our very comfortable and the never having to worry about money "lifestyle". However, money doesn't buy happiness. I barely see them.

Yaz turns up the music in the car to Beyonce and we bop in the car with the windows down shortly feeling like queens' until we arrive at school.

"Wheres Vi?" Yasmin asked as we scan around the enormous parking lot for her. Violet makes the third person of our forever friendship group. I've had my fairshare of friendships. But, let me tell you that these two are the real deal.

"Here I am," Violet shrugs nonchantly behind us as Yaz and Ijump. Vi is defintely the quirky one of us all. Her dream is to be a fashion designer and she always comes dressed in her bright and funky clothes. Personally, I could never have the courage to come in such bright outfits and prints, but it suits her and I admire her confidence.

"Give us a warning, will you," I breathe out.

Yaz nods in agreement "Yeah dude, not cool. I am so not ready for a heart attack before first period". Then she stops and thinks. "Well, actually forget that, then I wouldn't even have to go to first period, so keep doing that"

I stifle in a giggle while Vi replies, "Noted, babes"

I feel a strong arm being wrapped around my waist and smile creeps onto my face. I know that Hollister scent.

"Hey you," he whispers in my ear.

I turn around to see a six foot guy with beach blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a black tracksuit. It was Seth. My Seth.

I met Seth, well basically scratch that, Seth and I have always known each other. There was no memory in my head of us formally meeting since we were babies when our moms met each other during a stroll at the park. The first memory I have of Seth is when he played with me during recess, after I had accidentally called our kindergarten teacher mom in front of everyone. The whole class laughed at me and bugged me the whole day about it. That was horrific for a 5 year old. Back then, we didn't know that our forgetful and playful minds would find something new to laugh about ten minutes later. Well, I guess I didn't really forget because from that moment on, I had decided that Seth was going to be my best friend ever.