Closer (Part 11)- saved by jay

Enjoy !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Seth drops me off home, and lets me know that he'll be back in an hour to help, after he's done getting ready. Once I get in the house, I take a look at the big living room space which I always found to be so lonely and realize that it will be full of people in less than 4 hours. It's already 5, so I rush to hop in the shower, and get ready, so my friends aren't waiting when they come to help.

Tonight is giving me a different kind of vibe for my appearance. I want to go all out with my look and try something new. So, I decide to go for a glowly pink glam look which brings out my bright eyes. My hair is taken out of its birds nest and manage to find my rusty and dusty curling iron, and turn my natural waves into big beautiful Hollywood curls.

I'm not cocky. But tonight I feel amazing. My confidence couldn't be more boosted and I'm proud of myself for achieving this beautiful look. My outfit is not your average LBD (little black dress). It's a soft material, long sleeved dress that hugs every curve of my body. It ends right before the knee making me look sexy and elegant. It doesn't show anything, since its not the type of dress to show cleavage or backside, but in a way it does, since you can see that it just fits every curve like a glove, leaving you to wonder about what might be underneath the material.

I sigh happily in the mirror before going downstairs to unpack the goodies from Walmart. I hear a car pull up, and see Seth step out wearing a light blue button up with jeans and his hair slicked back. He's holding what seems to be a few more bags of booze. Behind him, I see Jay come out wearing the simplest but best dressed outfit a guy could wear. He's wearing a tight V neck shirt which causes every muscle to pop out, and black ripped jeans with military boots, and his signature silver chain necklace.

I feel myself getting nervous at the sight of two good-looking guys coming into my house after I got all made up. The door opens and Seth drops the bags to the floor.

"WOW," he says, with the biggest smile ever. "Babe? You look great!" 

I look down and blush for a second, not knowing what to say. Damn, I feel so awkward.

Jay comes up from behind him to see, and is confused to see why Seth is standing there dumbfounded. His eyes blink over to me and I see his sharply lined jaw open as if he's understood what all the commotion was about. 

"Isn't my girlfriend beautiful man?" Seth asks him, while going up to me to kiss me. I feel awkward enough standing there like that that it almost irritated me that Seth wanted to kiss me in front of Jay.

We both look back at Jay for an answer. "You won the jackpot man," he says. I see Seth laugh and take it as a joke while he goes to set the drinks on the table behind me. I stand where I am, and look at Jay who's as serious then ever. I can't help, but feel that he maybe meant every word of what he just said.

Jay brushes past me and goes to help out with the drinks while I hang up the lights around the yard. I hear another car pull up and see Yazmin and Vi coming through the back yard door towards me.

Yaz is wearing a red maxi dress with her hair up, and Vi is wearing a purple snakeskin jumpsuit with booties. "I LOVE how we all look amazing as hell," Yaz yells, throwing her head back.

I look over at Vi and cock my head. "Did she pre drink?"

"Oh yeah she did," Vi laughs, popping the cork of a wine  bottle. She hands me it to take some. It's my first time really ever drinking, since I've never had the occasion to. The bottle makes its way to my lips and I take a big swig, hoping that sometime soon my nerves will be calmed.